Healers in BGs

Healers are ridiculous OP this patch. Like I have never seen before. Ever!
It take 2 or more dps to kill them if they are well geared. If theres two of them, impossible.
Today in a random together with a DH and lock could not kill a pally for several minutes until he ran out of mana and CDs. With all our CDs/stuns/interrupts.

Can’t wait for this expansion to end.

9 Likes

Imagine being able to solo-kill a healer in bgs without any issues :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I do solo kill a 400 healer but if he’s 450 it’s impossible until he OOM

1 Like

If everyone was able to solo a healer who would play such ? Of course it requires multiple people to focus them in order to nuke them. I used to tank 2-3 melee’s without problems back in Wotlk as a holy pala so nothing new here.

6 Likes

Why does everyone wants to kill the healer when it’s much easier to control him and kill his dps?

6 Likes

I honestly don’t mind healers being able to survive 1-2 dps, otherwise they’d melt & be next to useless to the team.

But I find their increased survivability makes them some of the best defenders. When I hear ‘why is a healer left to defend x-base!?’ I think: ’well, by design, they quite literally have the best chance of surviving’ -when I go to a enemy base & find a single healer defending I think: ’well that was a wasted journey’ …were it anyone else I’d have a pop & try my luck.

Similarly, I’m not sure why more healers don’t take orbs in Kotmogu. Assuming they do have the best survivability, it frees up 8dps to focus enemy orbs. Same for fc’s.

5 Likes

Only 2 DPS to kill a healer? And you are saying that you never saw this before? :smiley: If only 2 dps can kill a healer then healer are on the edge of being balanced and underpowered. I remember out healing a pack of 7 dumb players on my disc priest and resto druid in WOD/Legion. And btw at the end, you killed a pala and he killed none of you. So, this seems balanced.

4 Likes

Because a healer with the orb will be one-shotted and then all your team will die without healing. When you hold the orb your healing is reduced and you take more damage and it increases every x seconds.

2 Likes

Isn’t that true of all roles? …even a tank with 2 healers will melt eventually.
But if a healer is designed to survive ~2 dps, I don’t see why they’d melt quicker than anyone else?

Yes every class/specs will die just as fast as everyone else. But dead healers can’t heal the group. And dead group can’t hold center thus can’t hold orbs. So, healers should never take orbs only tanks and dps.

4 Likes

mate, playing a healer would be extremely unfun if one dps could kill you ez

4 Likes

The issue is that healers have nearly the same DPS as a DPS.

4 Likes

7 people on a disc today in bg. Perfect cc, interupts. And the disc lived for 3minuts. Never seen it this bad.

1 Like

If he lived past 2 seconds it was nowhere near perfect cc or interupts and garbage dps if he lived with 7 people performing “perfectly”.

2 Likes

Imagine you can kill healer solo… How they will heal people…

It takes 7 players to kill my holy paladin friend.

2 Likes

Only bad dps.

My 2c - nobody would play healer if a single dps could easily solo them so they kinda need to be a bit OP.

The reason they feel so horrible to play against atm is the Stam pools are also really heavily inflated.

So you have slow, tanky combat style with strong heals = immortality.

1 Like

They make too much damage too. Yes tanky but damage is bad for them.

The holy paladin friend I queued bgs today made 7800k damage every other bg.

And that holy paladin friend is as same damage as dps almost on my keys too when we make keys.

Other discipline priest friend in my btag makes 6000k damage on twin peaks bg.

Not only tanky but they do damage too.

My resto druid friend can kill 2k rated lock on 1v1 on arena. They need to fix dmg situation.

1 Like

Maybe he was just that good. People often forget that there is a lot of skill connected to survivability.

it should be the case healer should not be able to heal when dmged !! reason they should be backline and protected. imagine be priest and saying prayers while 3 rogues stabing you in back with poisoned daggers and for some reason you wont drop half hp… bring back RPG in RPG and drop bullsh*t esport from this game and stop balancing pvp around lame arenas

3 Likes