Healing is ruining PVP

Any dps class shouldnt heal more than 30% ho panic button with a 2 min cd. Period

7 Likes

Truuue I’m getting outhealed somewhat often by rogues on my feral druid when we queue skirmish lel.
Perhaps if I play suuper defensive I can heal a bit more, but then the rogue dmg is just x3 of mine and I did maybe 10% more healing overall hahah

It’s such a joke atm to be honest…

2 Likes

You can play hybrid+rogue/mage to defeat a healer comp. I guess you could also say remove healer,? healer specializations are ruining PVP.

You mean everyone should get somewhat equally strong selfheals, making healers themselves superfluous? I’m pretty sure the PvE side would have a problem with that. And we all know the PvE side always wins.

Although I think it would be interesting with PvP without healers if everyone got such strong selfheals, and I mean literally everyone. Because healers have always been what made a class that isn’t S-tier, into something that becomes an S-tier comp, due to how it covers the lack of defensives when they’ve got more offensive power, or how it covers the healing when they’ve got a lack of selfhealing, and so on.

So there can’t be significant differences in selfhealing if there are no healers anymore.

1 Like

I think Blizzard didn’t balanced leech and mana regeneration so far. Maybe it’s not supposed to be. 2v2 healer vs double damage/hybrid expects a perfect trade. You need to be Orc vs rogues and Undead/human vs Spriests,DK,Evoker…, . If healer and damage fail the enemy just go resett and eat.

Also addons like bigdebuffs and maybe weakauras that tell you about certain procs.

So you’re saying they’ll never balance it? Since you’re insinuating it’s supposed to be like this.

Balance is just an umbrella term for what people can perceive as somewhat close in scales, not perfectly balanced as a chess game, of course. But you’re saying Blizzard will never improve it from what it’s like now, since you’re insinuating it’s supposed to be like this?

What are you even talking about now, after those edits?

First you talked about healer specs ruining PvP, then insinuating that Blizzard intends for it to be like it is now and won’t change it due to the context it was said in, and then you add that stuff about 2v2 in edits because… why?

Its not, its just shifting the game more over to not being so static. Healers can do damage and support with control, DPS can heal to some degree.

That is actually refreshing the game and one way to bring more balance to the comps. I don’t want to see Rogue, Mage, Warrior and Lock being meta every single season!

1 Like

I think it is too late to change self healing. Considering how much mobility everyone has, one would have to remove nearly all of it and pivot the game completely different.
Which I think would hurt the overall game :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Obviously some classes needs abit of tuning - but nerfing all self healing and keeping the dmg as it is. Rogue would become the undisputed best class in the game and we cannot have that above all else. :pleading_face:

Maybe, but so far there are “Noobtraps”. Blizzard want to sell they want you to boost meta specs and force races. Former force were Orc for Mistweaver. Now Tauren Rogue exists.

The game is balanced onto a certain skill level i think. At a certain cr Healer specializations become situational. Some have enchanted blades or carry potions, from a lore perspective Rogue would be garbage. DH, DK, Warlock and Shadow are the strongest specs in Lore, now they are the strongest meta?

idk, I think it’s good that certain dps comps works to high rating, but overall I’d argue it’s been rare for comps without a dedicated healer to have reached the absolute top of the ladders.

Rogue, Warrior, Dk and DH healing more than Shaman and Ret.

Beside that I am not sure if that is true, can Rogues, Warriors, DKs and DHs heal their teammates? Get them out of Stun, Silence and Fear (except for Warrior maybe)? Avoid spells on them? Support them with immunities like BoP?

Don’t get me wrong, Rogue is definitely healing too much when we add all their other defense to their survivability. They basically don’t need any heal in PvP. DH also has too much healing from Fodder for the Flame.

But Warrior (Fury) and DK are completely designed around it. Even though I would agree that Fury healing is too easy. They don’t sacrifice anything for it, which is a bad design from my perspective. I also don’t see why they should have 40% ms effect. Every MS should be 25% max. Same for rogue shiv here!

True. For example warlocks.

Then Hunter is probably the only well designed class left in this game.

2 Likes

Feral should imo have the best offhealing of any dps spec, as it always was a true hybrid class since vanilla. But we are at bottom half compared to many other dps specs, so wouldn’t compare it to much.

1 Like

Not sure if feral needs the best considering the mobility and such…
But surely it should be more than a rogue

DPS self healing is mainly down to a few outliers rather than a general problem.

Also remember in a game when most melee can have near to 100% uptime as well, mitigation, absorbs, self-heals etc do become necessary for survival

I honestly dont think Feral mobility is a big deal now when you see Monk, Rogue, Fury, DH with equal mobility and throw in Mage as well… gone are the times where Feral was the absolute mobility spec

This is true…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.