Healing Operation Mechagon

My 2nd try on this dungeon last night, did it already as elemental.

I had a hard time, harder than the +10 I before the reset. Of course, still gotta learn the fights. The dog for example is easy, but it seems you need to press yourself against the boxes, standing a mm behind it, and you get hit by the fire dmg,

I noticed a few fights were very hard, but esp. boss 5. Problem being the fire part. Tank is on opposite side as the DPS who is doing the annoying tank boss. Still haven’t found the right strategy there. How guys do this? I keep telling the group not to stay too far from me.

Nice side check, boss 5 was killed by our fire mage, he could literally scorch throughout that fight, took 20 mins, but he killed it :slight_smile: . I don’t mind hard content, just wonder what I should do differently. Maybe better not use Cloudburst here? There’s a few bosses, where there’s few moments to stand still. And then CB is useless.

most of the dungeon is ok to heal except 2 bosses which are terrible for resto shaman
gunker and king mechagon. We barely have time to stand still to cast but yet the group gets heavy damage and is split so that chain heal and rain doesn’t work.

Key is your group avoid all fail damage but even then, the bosses have targeted aoe dmg that cannot be avoided so the heal output needs to be massive

Ive seen quite a few top of the line mentioning how strong shamans are in M+ and how underutilized they are.

I dont have a personal view of this since i dont play Rshaman but i think if your group wants to make it with you should need more likely to adapt to Rshaman and when see the link for example jump inside it, because nobody dies in the link.

Now if they are 40 yards away playin cool like a druud and munk 1shot heal is coming that doesnt help alot. But generally yeah its quite healing intensive at least the 1 time ive been inside it and a 417 MW and it will bring you a bit of a pain until we all get used to it.

Of course resto can heal higher dungeons, that is not the problem.

Resto has 2 problems in M+:
-the mastery in theory is great, but in reality, in very high m+ people just get one shotted, so the mastery is useless. Most of the damage is avoidable in m+ and therefore favors other healers.
-dmg is pretty bad

why druid is favored is because they can heal and do dmg and have strong defense.
mistweaver can do decent dmg and has strong burst heal
resto has actually very strong group heal, which is quite useless in m+, especially if split up

I cannot see why would anyone take resto shaman or holy priest over the other options. Holy pala is also only good with a fail free grp otherwise cannot handle the output needed

No matter how good or bad other classes are, when people see druids on MDI they want druids even in their 8’s. That we cant change :joy:

I was allowed a few boss tries as Resto Shaman in Mechagon and yeah, I do struggle quite a bit on it before eventually breaking down to switch to my Rdruid.

Could use some tips on how to handle the more movement intense fights, for sure…

My solution to this isn’t “I’m going to change to resto druid” :). I prefer to find a way to play it with the spec I love.

I had most issues with Tussle Tonks, that fire dmg hurts a lot

Can’t say much, but going from your OP, CB has never been a best friend for me. It’s more mana intense, but FF is better imo.

However, in general we struggle anywhere that requires a lot of movement. Still would love additional tips or tricks of how other Rshams do their Mechagon runs though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.