Help an inexperienced Feral(PvP)

Hello Druid community,

I’m sorry if this has been asked before, the search function /spat on me and haven’t found something relevant, but I would like to ask for some advice on how to win a few matchups that currently I’m struggling hard against, playing Disc/Necro rabid cat.

Hunters. Any spec, any healer, I have a very low win rate against hunter comps, due to instant CC with stun/trap, steady damage and completely removing my dots every 30 seconds for no cost. Either we oom fast, or I just die from pressure. I have tried the mass entangling roots talent to control the pets, but that also hurts my CC on the healer, so I’m stuck. Tried going healer, not much difference.

Affliction warlocks. Okay, completely lost on this one, have absolutely zero idea what to do in this matchup, the rot damage is high and can hardly recover after 3-4 minutes, not to mention being caught in a really bad spot and getting Deathbolted.

And… umm, maybe outlaw rogues that stick to me rather than my healer, are a big pain in the bum, can hardly connect to the healer and just getting trucked down in that 7 second kidney. Evasion hehe.

First time I’ve gotten above 1.8k, and I’m trying to improve further, so if you have any tips or advice that could help I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

1 Like

Difficult. I think going healer is the play, but I have won going hunter too. Make sure to track his trap cooldown, try to root him when it comes off so your healer can kite him and avoid it. Eventually he will get the trap, but you reduce the amount of traps you sit per unit of time, which helps. Rooting / cycloning pet while you los him is good when your healer is in trap.

This one is surprising, affliction lock should be a good matchup I think. Deathbolt is scary sure, but if you know how it works it will not seem so random when he casts it.
If he is night fae he wants to get Soul Rot and use his eye-pet to extend duration of all his dots, plus use Dark Soul. Because Deathbolt gains damage according to how much dot-damage is left on you and haste + dot duration increases that. If he only has a regular UA, corruption and Agony he will never use Deathbolt and if he did it would do pitiful dmg.

So stop his setups and run run run if you can’t.

Just need to get to the healer somehow, honestly… I haven’t really faced this as feral/healer

1 Like

Thank you for your input, I’ll try to do this later today when I’m trying for 1950!

Hunter you will lose most of the time as necro feral…
What you can do however is try to go for the healer and try to control the hunter with the help of your healer. This might be hard vs rdruid though in that case you can try to play the mana game and bleed both the rdruid and the hunter and try to avoid big dmg… which is really hard.
If you have to go hunter try to keep FF for after they feign death so you can pressure hard.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.