Help me decide: to race change or not

I have an orc death knight.

I created him at the tail end of Legion when I decided that I wanted to see the Horde story in BFA. However, when BFA launched I found that I didn’t much like the playstyle of death knights so ended up switching to a monk. The poor guy has mostly been gathering dust since and I’ve only recently levelled him to 120.

What has happened in BFA is that I’ve fallen head over heels for trolls. So much so in fact that now all but two of my Horde characters are trolls (I have one of each class). Now that there is currently a sale on services, I’ve been contemplating race changing Kreelgar here to a troll. Especially after I remembered that I have the skeletal raptor mount and pet. But the question I need help answering is: should I?

I currently have little attachment to him as he is a boosted character, and it won’t take me too long to reroll and level back up. But I did use a boost on him so it feels like a waste to completely abandon him.

Help me decide, Sha’glade Cartel forum goers; you’re my only hope.

3 Likes

Edit: I can’t believe I had completely missed the opportunity to say “roll a troll.”

(Are we talking RP or PvE?)

Anyway, sometimes you simply end up with characters you don’t really resonate with for whatever reason, in which case I think it’s okay to get rid of them one way or another–by rewriting them, fridging them to await the better times, deleting them, or race-changing them. If you love trolls, then I say roll away!

…However, I think you should ask yourself whether or not you’re planning to actually use that character, given you seem to not care much for the class mechanics. Will changing the orc into a troll make you pick up and use that char? If you believe the answer is yes, then I’d say a race change is a good idea. If you have a feeling the character is going to continue there gathering dust still (just with nicer visuals)–then I would carefully consider if it’s actually worth the money.

…That… probably wasn’t very helpful, now was it…?
-whips out the yoga mat-
To know the answer, young seeker, you must look deep into your heart and wait for the Universe to answer… :woman_mage:

3 Likes

Mostly for RP/aesthetic purposes. I may not RP much these days but I still like to flesh out the background and personalities of my characters. Or at least have them be something more than a virtual avatar of myself.

Potentially. I like to switch characters quite often these days. Even if I don’t find something fun for long periods of time, I can still get some enjoyment in shorter bursts. Especially if everything else clicks into place.

Indeed. Thank you for the advice; I shall ponder the mysteries of the universe some more.

3 Likes

I have a troll death knight:

I decided that life was too short to spend at least another day rerolling so gave in to temptation (I’d make a terrible demon hunter). Even if he’s not going to be my main character in BFA, he’s in a good place for me for Shadowlands.

4 Likes

I see the Universe said: Do what makes you happy.

Good choice. :stars:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.