Help me it's getting bigger by days

I can’t decide on my main character, and as you can see the list keeps growing. I’m so behind since I haven’t played for a long time, I just got to Arcivist rank 6 yesterday with my Rogue character.

Others are new level 60 characters. Now I feel like I have to pick one and go with it, but I absolutely can’t decide.

I just want to M+ but I don’t have a team so I don’t know exactly what I expect from the game.

Best regards,

Archivist 6? Impressive - but it isn’t going to help you vastly with M+.

Your priority should be to hook up with some people, an environment that will guide youto a decision. Do you have Discord? Start by joining these Discords, browse the messages, and say Hi:

Mythic Plus Friends - activity tends to the higher end: https://discord.gg/mythicplusfriends

The Fail Train EU - raids and M+: https://discord.gg/VsEFRHh

Scared of Dungeons, a lovely group of friendly Alliance peeps who do all levels of M+: http://discord.gg/yCHZwXj
In-game Community Code: OeBkVKTLZ2

Now, when it coms to choosing a class, none of them and nobody can tell you what to choose, ofc. You picked your Rogue to progress - that’s surely a clue?

If you want to know what’s popular, you could check out https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/25/ and sort the table by Number of Parses as well as looking at raw performance numbers, and you can also look ar Raider.io

Apart from your Rogue, what are the next two classes that pop into your head?

(BTW you’re right about picking one - alts are hard to maintain in Shadowlands!)

2 Likes

Firstly, thank you for your reply,

Mage, Resto/Ele Shaman and didnt finished still levelling a Hunter and Warlock. These are the classes in my mind.

Well, I’m not a M+er, but I’d be inclined to deprioritise the Warlock. Mage is doing well at the moment. BM Hunter is certainly a solid choice, but you left it behind a bit. The question with Shammy is: do you want to heal as the main role for the rest of the season?

So if you’re down to Rogue or Mage, it’s pretty clear-cut: Ranged or melee? You can do very well on either; which one do you see yourself on?

BTW, if you’re on Silvermoon, you should be in a great position to pick a guild.

Join those communities I linked. See what people are talking about. Try to hook up with some people, play on what you’ve got, and the choice will make itself.

Also: there is wide speculation that 9.2 drops Feb 22. That leaves you nice time to get in position to get a character - or even maybe two? - in place to start the new season.

1 Like

My ‘multiple mains’ playstyle disagrees. With these long, long patches, I’ve seen pretty much all my friends who only play one character either stopping playing or taking a break to wait for the next patch. Meanwhile, I’m still pushing keys on my ‘main-main’, my ‘second-main’ and a collection of alts, 3 have KSM (on multiple specs), and I’m just chasing that elusive timed DoS +20 for the full set on my main-main. I’ve done some mythic SoD on one character, and HC on a couple of others. I haven’t found time to get one of every class to 60, but that’s more because I can’t be bothered to play the other classes than because I actually haven’t had time.

OP, I would suggest connecting with those communities that Grainne recommends, and running keys on whichever class you feel like at the time. You’ll likely find that you feel like playing one more than the others (in my case, it’s 2, or maybe 3, more than the others). The decision on what to main will make itself from that.

1 Like

I congratulate you, and envy you! :+1:

The classes I am undecided about are as follows;

60 Rogue - my old main
60 Mage - New
60 Shaman - New
60 Demon Hunter - New
60 Druid - New
60 Priest - was my main on Legion xpac

Thinking about levelling to 60;

Hunter - 23
Warlock - 24
Monk - 27

My options are as above.

I think I want to continue playing with Rogue, but I want to do something else besides that, it can be ranged dps or healer.

When I looked at the links you sent, I saw that the monk I played a lot during MoP was in high ranks and I think I could play it as WW / MW (both) and I started leveling up immediately xD

Im playing on Twisting Nether and the number of English speaking guilds here is very few.

Even though I know some of them, unfortunately they are already staffed, they don’t take anyone new seriously and don’t even respond to someone who is new and has a low item level.

I wish what you said about Silvermoon was also valid for Twisting Nether.

Guilds are less important than they used to be now that we have cross-realm communities. Aside from mythic raiding and getting guild perks, there’s no real need to be in a guild because you can find people to play with in communities. I’m in Scared of Dungeons and it’s great.

This will matter a lot more than picking that right class.

If you’re pugging, you can be the literal god of your spec but that key leader might not inv you for X reason you’ll never know.

To tell you my example, the highest I got on my own were +12s in BfA. Relatively high, but not too damn hard - that’s my skill level. I couldn’t push any higher, as M+ is heavy teamwork. Every player counts, if one is constantly screwing up, it might cost you the key at that level - at least in your average pug.

However, since I’m on very good terms with the forumers and we have our own discord (Fortune Favoured), it was easy to make friends there who then didn’t care my only dps spec for M+ is actually quite a clunky and wheelchair one to use - they took me for a full Forti clear last week and were strong enough to offset my lower gear and skill level.

So, TL;DR: Good and strong friends matter more than skill, but do try your best. It’s like a carry but is not in fact. :grin:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.