Help with expansion/timeline

Hiya, I hope you can help me.
I just came back and started a new char. I leveled her to 50 in expansions BoF and in Legions, not really paying attention to storyquests - just went along from first quest given and did every quest up to where i am now.

So Chromie gave me the quest " The Day That Chromie Dies". To continue I need to use portal - but there isnt a single portal except “return to own timelime”.

Ive tried doing some research, but Im so lost right now - tried going to Mount Hyjal…but no idea where to find chromie. Do I need to use portal in tower to get back to other timeline - and then what? Right now talking to Chromie in Ogrim she wont let me change to any timeline ?

I dont know where to being…more confused than Chromie meeting Chromie
Edit: Do I need to start and complete the storieline from Cata-exp in order to unlock the portals to defeat the dragons as Chromie requests ?

Hi Asherona,

First off, welcome back :slight_smile:
“The Day That Chromie Dies” is part of Legion endgame content that was introduced with the 7.2 patch. It is a really fun questline to do, that takes a bit of time, but just know, it doesn’t really tie into the overarching story or reward any major progression, and the main rewards from it are some unique transmog sets for each armor class you get after earning enough friendship reputation with Chromie. While it was a fun little thing for them to add to the game, it can be considered entirely separate from everything else going on in Legion.

The quest you mentioned is part of the “The Deaths of Chromie” Scenario, so if you still want to give it a try, there’s a really good guide for it on wowhead:

To your question specifically: After you accepted the initial quest, you need to head to Dragonblight in Northrend, more specifically the Wyrmrest Temple, where you can speak to Chromie at the very top of the temple to start the scenario (don’t speak to her in Orgrimmar or anywhere else, that won’t give you the right option). After speaking with her in Dragonblight, she will re-zone you into the same location on top of Wyrmrest, where you will be able to explore the zone, kill the dragons, gain some extra powers, and use the portals, so it is all isntanced content specifically for your character.

Completing the scenario in time will take quite a few playthroughs, and gaining enough reputation with chromie will also take a good bit of time, just as a heads up.

Hope this helps, but shoutout if you’re still having trouble finding it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.