Herbalism - completely nonsensical nerfs

So there were 2 “hotfixes” in a row, completely and utterly destroying the very core of the botany herbalism specialization.

It’s next to impossible to find any seeds after the first “hotfix”. Which reduced the drop rate of every roused seedling by approx. 80%. To be fair: I was happy about this nerf, as it was obvious Blizzard would destroy and suck the fun out of this as fast as they can. So, a reduction of seedling drops is a very good, and there I say, wise way to reduce the overall snowballing effect of this specialization. It reduced this specialization to what it should be: Planting your own herbs. Sometimes getting some seeds back, before you need to re-buy seeds from a 3rd party.

But now, now with the second “hotfix”, nerfing the rich soil spawnrate from being nearly instantaneously to 5+ minutes… I dont even know where to begin.
Blizzard claimed to have changed their stance regarding destroying the ways players want to play the game. If people like to spend their whole time flying in circles, sticking seeds into the ground, picking herbs that way, why the freaking F would you say:

“Hell no, they have way too much fun playing their chosen specialization of gardener! We should increase the respawn rate by 30.000%.” (real number btw.)

Why the hell do you implement a freaking ENTIRE SPECIALIZATION, build around planting seeds into the ground, and then decide to completely F us over by taking away the soil we need to plant the seeds. Especially, after we dont even get nearly as many seeds as before, which was entirely fine and reasonable to do and did enough damage to botany already.

This second nerf makes the ENTIRETY of botany useless and a farce.
The best thing is, we cant even refund our points to re-spec.

Good job Blizzard, you did it again! Destroying fun, and the way players wanted to engage with the game, after claiming you won’t do exactly this again. I hoped this would be true for this xpack at least. I was wrong I guess.

There is absolutely no harm done to anyone, if the soil keeps their fast respawn, and players want to play gardener in your game. Maybe increase the spawnrate to some seconds, but what the hell are 5 minutes? I cant f*ing wrap my head around the reason for taking away the ability to play gardener in your game, as theres literally no reason to do this. If theres too many herbs at the end of the day, the only thing happening is, the price drops, and everyone can get their hands on herbs cheaper. It is an absolute NON-PROBLEM!

Unfreaking believable this situation again.

1 Like

Which reduced the drop rate of every roused seedling by approx. 80%.

There was an area not far from the Shady Sanctuary where 40-50 people would be flying/running around camping the dirt spawns to get easy herbs not even 24 hrs after the expansion launched. It was an absolute sh!tshow and really did need to be nerfed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.