Here we are again... boredom never ending

Alrighty folks, dont need to show main or bla bla, you can check them out if you want. On and off this game but no more than some patches of an expan over the past 18 years.

DF for me when it launched and in general the game etc, I even made a thank you post to the team here that made it happen, was one of the best expansions ever. The world is one of the most beautiful we had.

Problem is what it almost always was. It is getting so boring/tiring to do the same things after some time. I even dropped from PvE to start PvP after like 10 years. The new raid is a joke. Sorry, but it cries out ā€œerm, we just had to put something outā€, it feels rushed and incomplete AF. Secondly the Tier Sets even the tmogs either pve/pvp are so bad. Tbf, ever since BfA i have yet to play the 2nd patch of any expansion. But the problem is, that everything seems to be decreasing, player numbers, active hours played etc. I dont want wow to vanish. And a game like WoW needs ppl participating, not for the economy, hope the x-faction measures will finally pan out. But atm, I am seeing so few groups for anything.

I donā€™t know what itā€™s like for the staff, but something has to give. Why not release mini raids just for gear or tmog like we had back in the days? Do you really believe 5/6 months of one raid is enough? Or the m+ 5man poolā€¦ Old content being revisitedā€¦ gag reflex. Or the fact that there is no single new or decent pvp map for RBGs.

Anyway. You need to spend more to make more. If you keep this bare minimum just to have something to present, things arenā€™t gonna get better. Get some ppl in and push content.

Hate all u wanna hate some of you forum trolls, you know who you are, charging in defense of Blizz at any given moment, but deep down, you know Iā€™m right.

7 Likes

They are never going to be able to please everyone. You just have to weigh up if there is enough that keeps you engaged in the game or whether itā€™s time for a break. Iā€™ve had times where a break has seemed a better option, then come back to the game refreshed and keen again. My longest break was probably cataclysm where I did not get on with the changes made to Ret Pala.

Iā€™m really enjoying the expansion. Next to no chores and I can play for fun again. Itā€™s a joy to log in. I like the raid, Iā€™m not crazy about my tier look but the set itself is fine.

PvE is still busy content, lots of keys listed, raids to take part in etc. Is it PvP you are finding lacking? Itā€™s not a part of the game I enjoy so I have no idea what thatā€™s like.

I do hope they go all the way with cross faction and let us play with our friends in queued content too. Itā€™s so frustrating not being able to do things like Timewalking or LFR with friends and guildies because theyā€™ve only enabled it pug content.

Iā€™m personally not a fan of recycling old dungeons into the M+ cycle but there seems to be a mixed reception. Iā€™d have preferred them to be TW M+ making them optional.

2 Likes

Heya,
Iā€™d like to address a few key notes of what you wrote and share my point of view.

This has always been the case, regardless of how popular the game was. Even at its peak popularity, a new expansion always brought older players back and/or new players into the game and after only going through the first season of the expansion, as the hype goes down, so as the number of players. WoW never had an expansion where it had constant numbers of players playing through the whole expansion.

I think you have 2 points, one is a fair point and the other one isnā€™t giving enough credits. To make it a bit clear: I really think there are some really nice looking tier sets, for example priest, rogue, warrior - warlock and shaman (which are kinda nice). And also there are really garbage looking tier sets such as hunter, paladin and druid (both kinda garbage compared to others). So yeah, I get your point to a level, but canā€™t agree with it completely.

You can always push yourself in terms of difficulty, as it offers you a different perspective and a (kinda) fresh gameplay. If you are a regular m+ player that does 20s, why donā€™t you go for 25s? If you are a curve player, why donā€™t you go for a cutting edge. If you are a pvp enjoyer, why donā€™t you aim for 2.4k rating in the area you enjoy (can be solo, 2s, 3s or rbgs) or even change your area (start doing rbgs if you are an arena enjoyer etc.). I get the point of stuff feeling repetitive after doing it over and over without increasing difficulty or changing anything (trying a different class, or even a different role).

There are some casual mythic raiding guilds that raid 1 nights per week and aim for cutting edge. If you ask those players, they will say 5/6 months isnā€™t even enough :smiley:, itā€™s all about how you approach to the game. You can always take your time to consume the game slower so that you donā€™t feel like you burned yourself out.

This is of course considering that you (and any other player that think similar at what you think) have (or want to have) the will to play the game and enjoy.

which is alwasy the case in wow? Just look at how Wrath Classic is now, people quit in droves because Ulduar was literally the only viable thing for PvE in 6 months. So yeah it was worse back then.

I had that feeling with VoI, it was just some cave with open areas where bosses are. The new one actually feels better imo.

Disagree. I really like some of the mogs this season.

And yet I donā€™t struggle to find groups for anything. M+ fills up in 5 min, pug raids every night of the week, full 40 man grps for the goblin that fill up in 30 secā€¦ people still leveling alts. Yeah dead game for sure.

It wonā€™t for the next 4 years, since the next 2 exp are probably already in developement.

Ahh you one of those ā€˜my opinion is a fact and if you disagree youā€™re automatically a troll or blizz-whiteknight!!!ā€™?
I recently quit classic to focus more on retail and Iā€™m having a blast.

1 Like

itsn ot neough . its way to fast.

ideal season/tier lenght would be 8-9 months each so we could enjoy it and dont feel rushed.

but blizz hard clear schedules now . 2x 6 months season + 1 x 12 months with maaaybe s4 of m+ .

in general each season is meant to last 6 months now.

thats why everything feel rushed. and thats very likely why so many devs are leaving blizz. because they are tired of releasing unfinieshed rushed garbage.

1 Like

New raids one of the best to come. but hey all allowed their opinons, really wouldnt say its rushed however. I dont understand how u can assume their ā€œRushedā€ or incomplete weird statements to really try and make.

theres hit and misses as always with the tier sets.

Blizzard Drops a major Launch. ā€œoh i wonder why some people arent logging onā€ lmao. this was Inevitable and uā€™ve known this for MONTHS. players were going to put WoW down and Play Diablo 4.

yeah no.

Im sorry, but u cant defintiively know that, group / raid searchs are capped. and iā€™ve yet to ever see it below said cap even at 3am its Completely full.

theres no way u can humanly know the quantity of groups being run at one time.

hate?.. i find it funny you proclaim others to be a Troll, your Post is ironic.

I dont need to hate on you lmao, Because the likelyhood is, ur only here to try and Spew negativity as many classic players do.
your post kinda screams u dont know what ur saying, so realistically i aint going to bother Wasting my time lol.

WoW has Problems yes. its Lost Alot yes. and i can agree with you, there are DEFINTLY Flaws, but the fact uā€™ve managed to make a Post hating on WoW while completely missing ALL the Actual problemsā€¦ is actually amazing.

i was a top end mythic raider during legion / bfa ā€¦ guild realm rank 6 on the mythic raiding leaderboard back thenā€¦ and i was the GuildMaster

but nowā€¦ since Shadowlands ive been into PvP after being burnt out with the PvE scene high end

and all in allā€¦ PvP is better in terms of engagement and invested time, HOWEVER i too have fallen into the bordem cycle, with the lack of care for PVP over PVE

its a losing battle and i now play other games, ā€¦ like diablo 4

4 Likes

I thank the people that replied to my posts decently.

I am well aware how things work by now, this is why I put my last comment there on purpose. I wonā€™t get into that, no point.

Sure, it might be my opinion that is is rushed etc. but how is it then that the Mythic clear was a joke? That you have more guilds now feels like, THAN EVER, being 9/9 M so fast. If you want to be fanboys who defend everything be my guest.

As for the queues, come on, for real now? Merging for the first time ever x-faction so that we might get some ppl into pug content? No, things are not looking good, they are rather looking bad. I am not spewing negativity. I am making a wake-up call.

Last time I really dissed an expansion was WoD, and we all know how that went.

So yeah, more content is needed, and itā€™s needed yesterday.

1 Like

I think the raid is perfect up to the last boss. With every boss I felt like it was obvious what to do by looking on the screen and not looking anything up (especially for echo of neltharion), but all of the sudden for sarkareth, it becomes very unintuitive and itā€™s not clear to me whatā€™s going on at all. I donā€™t like sarkareth, but the rest of the bosses are amazingly well done and fun to play

2 Likes

This is a big improvement to the game. Theyā€™ve reduced the treadmills in-game.
No AP grind.
No daily emissary must-do.
No mission table.

Although I do agree that there isnā€™t much by way of content to do outside the big three. Forbidden Reach was poor, just rare hunting (the vault looked like it could have been fun but itā€™s gated behind rare hunting).
Iā€™ve not done a great deal in the Cavern place yet as I was away and I donā€™t really like it, takes me ten minutes to get fo the world boss as Iā€™m so bad at dragon flying.

When Iā€™m not enjoying current content I tend to do more older content such as old achievements either Glory ones in Raids and Dungeons or open world meta achieves that I didnā€™t complete at the time. I do mog and mount farms, I level alts, I might catch up on professions from previous expansions (not really bothering with them this expac as theyā€™ve gone all convoluted). Weā€™re back to Old School having to find your own fun as the currated treadmill approach has been toned down now.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what you mean with this but groups are plentiful. Horde wasnā€™t really suffering but as the Alliance was dying out it, it gave them access to PuG content.

Dungeons:-

Raids:-

1 Like

i think its healthy to review what once was and what is the reality of the game

currently. this game is on its last legs, in terms of player retention to ideas and innovation
everything has been explored and its all fairly predictable

combined with a sub fee, box fee and wow tokens, the game doesnā€™t meet the standard we expect of a multi million player game ( feels like thereā€™s only 100 people playing sometimes)

for me its the lack of care for the PvP scene, 40minute queue timers wouldnt slide with any other company but we feel its the ā€œnormā€ here

im burnt out with the lack of respect and care for a game i loved for 17 years
so moving forward ill play maybe next patch or next expac

for now though Diablo 4 is better

2 Likes

Only 48 Guilds worldwide have fully cleared so far

Repetition is the nature of MMOs. If it bores you, take time away from the game between patches.

1 Like

Where are the 9/9 mythic players running around Valdrakken if it is such a joke raid?? Even on largest Alliance server I havenā€™t seen single person with that achievement.

booster will be boosting it for 2mill in a week or 2, as usual

Not sure why good and difficult have to be synonymous. Tiers been very solid so far besides the design mishap on zskarn.

2 Likes

I said ā€œso fastā€ now, didnā€™t I. The fight for mythic was like, speed run for all top 10 this time.

well i usually complaing about wow in topics like this but everyone already knows what i think and you said the same stuff so i wonā€™t repeat them. HOWEVER, i think, theyā€™re working so hard right now but half of the focus is on making QoL updates , which is necessary so itā€™s not like theyā€™re not working but they have so much to do with TOC, ICC, RS and Cata for WoTLK classic, hardcore for vanilla, qol updates & 10.1.5 ,10.1.7 for retail. thereā€™s just so much to do. tho the team who are working on retail can do a little bit better thatā€™s obvious and the problems with the game are also obvious so either they canā€™t fix them or being told to ignore them until they finish what they have.

not every game has this much repetitive content tho.

Never understood the whole DF is the best expansion ever in the first month of the launch. How do you even know? Best launch ever, sure but expansion? :thinking:

DF is ok. Not great, not terrible. Serious lack of proper content. Zaralak is the snooze fest zone we never needed.

2 Likes