Hesitating for an alt

So I am looking to make a second alt, but I am hesitating between a Warlock and a Mage.

Could you guys help me, by telling me why you think the one is more fun over the other.

Thank you guys so much already :slight_smile:

You shouldn’t use others to decide what’s more fun.

Use class trials, look at their aesthetics (even their tier sets for transmog!), maybe look at a small vid for each spec and decide what you believe is the most fun.

But if you want my 2 cents anyway; For me it’d be Warlock since I love their theme a lot more and believe the specs have a lot more variation, especially with Demonology existing and creating little armies.

Also nothing quite like casting multiple chaos bolts and slamming them all into the enemies :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Reroll DH on the same server as a horde, be unique.

I always hate this question.

How can we tell you something subjective? It’s like asking us to decide if you should pick a banana or strawberry milkshake.

It really depends on what you enjoy more.

Personally, I’d probably opt for a warlock, because it’s more varied. But nobody can decide what you enjoy. You can use the class trial to give both a whirl and see if either playstyle appeals (or watch some videos and base it on that).

For levelling, lock is really easy as you have the voidwalker. I’ve one in afflict spec and one in destruction. I 've got the green fel fire so just can’t get away from loving big glowing green spellcasts. I find afflic a little boring as it’s all about the dots and I’ve even seen someone get moaned at for poor dps just because the other player couldn’t see things flying from the lock to the target. It has great survivability though.

The cc on a frost mage is quite fun, plus of course you get to turn things into sheep or other creatures.

That’s a great idea. It’ll give you a feel for how each work to your playstyle.

go with what has best looking armor in your opinion

Thanks for the help :slight_smile:
The reason I was asking is that I love both and tried both, I was going to decide based on how others perceived there time playing the classes

^^ This

We can’t tell you, what you are going to like :slight_smile:

If you ask for my personal preference, mage is class to go while talking about fun. Portals/invisibility/Poly/Slow Fall/ Blink, but as i said it is my personal prefenrence, hope it will help you in any way :slight_smile:

I leveled a mage to cap. Despite my best intentions I couldn’t make fire work for me. All about the combustion window, which didn’t feel too involved for me.

Currently leveling a demo lock. Find it fun.

If it help to untie, mage is one of blizzard favorites, tradicionally theres always at least 1 spec very strong in pvp and pve. Warlock have been a bit of a red haired stepchild lately

Make one of each.

For me it’s Warlock by far. They’re a tanky caster, in destruction it’s like a more survivable fire mage. Mages are just too squishy. However, if M+ is your game then Mage is all rage.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.