Hey Blizzard, PvP is completely dead

No, they cannot.

The last Season of an expansion is the bi-product of all the Seasons that went before it in that expansion. It is the culmination of polishing that expansion for an entire year or more.

The first Season of a new expansion is whatever Blizzard can scramble together during 5 months of Beta testing where they’re changing the game from head to toe.

Blizzard are an iterative game design company. And iteration takes time. And more time allows for more iteration, and more iteration gives better end results.
Each balance patch note and hotfix is an iteration on the current expansion. And each expansion goes through a lot of iteration.
Even if Blizzard comes out of a Beta test with an incredibly polished expansion, then that expansion will still be more polished a year down the road after countless patches and hotfixes.

1 Like

hold on man… as much as i agitate for mop pvp/classes to come back, we have to be a bit real there… s1 mop was a complete sh!tshow and couple of strong weapons from Deathwing wont be more stupid than that. I dont feel stuff like avatar cc immunity, taste for blood oneshots, stampede oneshots, frostbomb oneshots, pom rof from mages, enha random oneshots should be considered a good season im sorry.

2 Likes

Imagine having the most pure PvP theme expansion in history of WoW and meanwhile the PvP state is even more cancerous compared to Chernobyl’s ground zero point.

They had the perfect chance to fix things and for once listen their playerbase’s feedback but hell no.

At least they gave us these Warfronts to fight versus bots and that new bot brawl…

Nice thread and well written btw
Well said Drae but im not sure anything gonna change.

I mean these braindead devs , they look like they completely tryna kill the PvP aspect of the game to eternity.

12 Likes

Chill, that’s what I said. Mop was a step up after season 1. Season 1 of MoP was complete bollocks, bugged to oblivion and unplayable for half the classes.

Than the criticism they receive is both true and justified.

1 Like

Ye ive readed it wrong, sorry… it thought u compared last season to first… mb :raised_hand:

1 Like

Ehhhh Rip Wow 2004 - 2019 . You will never be missed.

i agree. i just missed out on 2K rating for S1 but made a load of contacts which helped me get that rating (and the hippo/clefthoof). however, basically all of them are gone. and most have been offline for between 1 and 6 months. so i have no team, and im not great at being able to find people to play with :frowning: even though at lower ratings i am usually quite good at ninjaing, and have won many games just by taking a point at the right time. would i be able to do this at higher rating? of course not. thats why i would never aim much above 2K. and i dont like arena, i dont like how its focused too much on the class burst vs survive-ability rather than “the war” that bg’s focus on.

but i think i did a handful of rated games at the start of S2 (basically lost all as they were all pugs not caring too much about winning, and leaving after 1 loss.) and have done nothing in S3. the S2 mount was poor as it was a reskin, and the S3 mount while not common, is not enticing enough to make me go through the pain of finding people to play with. the hippo looked really nice and i wanted it even though im horde. when they brought in tokens in S2 once you completed the bar i thought "YES!!! i will finally be able to start working towards the original vicious mounts i have not got for the last 8 years. but im actually further behind now cause no body is playing :frowning:
ps. if anyone horde side wants a mediocre rogue that plays its little heart out for low rating, feel free to contact me. i still would want to rack up rbg wins.

:sob: bg’s are the only aspect of pvp i like. rated or non rated.

some classes are just too powerful 1v1. i know im not a great player, far from it, but i shouldn’t be getting outplayed this bad at such low levels as it sometimes feels.

true. i came into BfA with basically no rewards to aim towards. the 500 level mount is basically impossible anytime within the next few years, but all the other rewards, i already had ALL of them from legion.

also, in legion and before, you only needed 100 arena wins or 40 rbg wins for a sadle. now you need to GET the rating, AND hold it on TOP of getting the 100/40 wins. so you could end up needing 150/60 wins to get the same reward. the vicious mount requirements should be wins only, not rank + wins.

yups. been gimped by bad rings and rng all BfA.

yup. while its “ok” maybe one trinket coming from pve, most pvp gear should be from pvp. TBC’s resilience, or WoD’s “ilvl increase while in pvp” were great ways around this. (although i dont like the idea of ANOTHER set of gear that resilience would cause. WoD option might be better) ok pve hero with 440 ilvl pve gear, come at me with my ilvl 420 gear in pve, but ilvl 450 gear while in pvp.

yes. at least in legion we were given AP (and a lot of AP at that!) as a reward every second honor level. and lots of gold. now, you can get a bit of azerite for your first win of the day, but then basically nothing. and no gold worth speaking of.

patch 8.2 came out 25th june. so nearly 3 months old.

EXACTLY!!!

it does look that way. Ion: “we removed it cause you were too stupid to find it”. duuuuuuhhhhhhhh

i loved this so much. made me smile massively! :rofl:

2 Likes

I stop playing pvp after blizz change gearing system…

No pvp sets, no pvp vendors, no arena points and honors as currenci to buy equip.
No pvp for me…

Stupid rng lootboxes and equip system kill pvp experience…

I dont have motivation to play pvp…no rewards

Bring back pvp eq with resilience, bring back pvp sets and vendors and pvp be again funny…

And yes second problem is pvp class design, all know everything and its boring…

2 Likes

Agreed, we need PVP vendors and just outright true pvp content.
In my realm, Alliance outnumber Horde beside Alliance having 30% bonus so its really boring.

There is no challenge and the rewards are dull. I miss PVP mounts that youd get for Honor Points…

1 Like

Wtf are you talking about, even if you play on a server alone where there is no one but you there will still be hundreds of people around you. Servers are not important anymore, they matter only for mythic raid progression.

Have you been there and went to Nazjatar? Since Naz got released I havent seen a single Horde claiming Supply Chest, Alliance swarms everywhere 40 mans all over the map during peak hours.
There can be one or two occasions when Horde shard comes in but they come in as quickly vanish out.

Whenever I go there I see more Horde than Alliance, it depends. Good side of it is that, there is always a few bounty heads to hunt.

+++

5 supply chest ach on nazjatar took ages to complete for me. Everywhere is horde.

I completed it on german horde in single day.

My server is 99% alliance btw if you are wondering.

1 Like

Let me solve this mystery for you: Some people judge WoW by how good it could be, not by how good it is compared to other seasons. WoW has a lot of potential to be an excellent PvP game, but it’s gotten nowhere even close to that in reality due to Blizzard consistently dropping the ball over the span of 15 years.
WoW arena was never good on this scale. At some point in the past it was probably significantly better or at least more fun than it is now, but it was never the well designed competitive experience that the PvP community wanted.

1 Like

What the point to play PvP in BFA anyway? what are the rewards? Another mount to add at my 500 mounts collection?

Edit: “In BFA”

The point was supposed to be that it’s fun. But starting with Legion, they made it unfun too.

4 Likes

They hated him because he told the truth.

PvP is broken every addon according to pvp players…

Because it has been getting significantly worse over the last 3 expansions?

2 Likes

Yeh sure… but i still think templates were worse than what we have now…