Hey Blizzard, PvP is completely dead

Care to explain why? People like to play with people that have similar XP. It’s the same in PvE and it’s even more toxic there if that’s what you are refering to.

People at higher ratings do not have an obligation to play with others who are stuck at 1600 or w/e, it just tanks your rating, and it’s very counter-productive if u trynna push.

I do agree with the general sentiment though, lotta people want “chill games” but then get angry on the first loss and blame it on whoever they’re playing with, even if their outburst is completely unfounded.
Nothing tilts me quite like a priest complaining about me not killing a druid at 30% hp through full duration bop when I have no energy, combo or toxic blade and the priest has 60% mana and massdisp ready but does 0 purging.

Also rating shaming is just asinine, idk why people do it. Needless gatekeeping on an activity that’s already bleeding active players.

3 Likes

Can confirm I gave it a try in S1 but when I found out S1 mog cosmetic only vendors weren’t added in S1 I lost al interest, the class I mained in PvP all the way since WoD just was cut short in a lot of ways and the playstyle wasnt that interesting

This weekly reward thing should be torched, if I cant get it from a vendor chances are it doesn’t even have the stats I want anyway

Never said I wanted to play with high rated players. I’d just like to get into rated and give it a go (from the bottom)

The thread was about PvP numbers, one way of increasing participation is to gain new people, as an experience PvE’er who’d like to try some mid level PvP I suggest I’m the kind of person the community should be encouraging. But hey - just an idea.

2 Likes

There are always others at the same rating as you. Especially so if that rating is low, because the bulk of the player base doesn’t have high rating (that’s really what rating is).

Also, if I may suggest, it’s always nicer and more fun to get started with friends rather than randoms. Same as mythic dungeons, same as raiding.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice.

If only I had any ‘pepehands’

1 Like

If you don’t have friends who want to PvP, it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of options. There’s tons of raiding guilds and m+ groups advertising and recruiting on the forums, whereas people posting looking for RBG communities often get no response. It’s less of “the community has killed PvP” and more that the rubbish state of PvP and rewards in particular mean that fewer people are doing PvP and therefore it’s more difficult for new people to find others to play with, so even fewer play and downward spiral from there.

I’d like to try rated PvP for fun (not for nonexistent rewards!) and for something different to do. With no one I know doing any PvP except one person who only does arena, what should a new player like me do?

2 Likes

I love bg spamming and want to get into rated bgs. Working on getting a team going, but need more members. If you have an Alliance char, and are interested in starting at the bottom and helping progress a team - join Alliance Defence Force PvP community.

It takes time and patience to get enough team members, until enough for rated bgs we’ll practice teamwork in unrated.

Looking for players that are focused on winning and fun rather than reward, team players, patient, proactive, non whiny or elitist, and enjoy bg spamming.

1 Like

Mmm, this is potentially problematic as a collector, I had no vicious mounts before bfa, never tried, got the seasonal in s1 and then recovered ALL in s2, have to say participation DEFINITELY went down in s2 compared to 1, I remember a lot of people from s1, because the rbg community was that small, and very few were left, if now you say it went down even more, which I believe because of classic, it’s gonna be pretty bad to get rbg done.

Now I would only need to get a vicious mount per season ofc, not so terrible, but getting above 1,4k in arenas is not for everyone, when the only way are rated bgs and there’s not enough people for them it’s a serious problem, rated bgs give you the option, although you need 75 wins instead of 48, to get a vicious mount through wins no matter the rating, you just need to keep changing char every 150 wins (efficiency, instead of 300) and to wait till the end of the exp when you will be able to buy the just introduced mounts for saddles.

Will see how the situation is later, say this season sucks but next gets better, could be more reasonable to get 2 mounts next and 0 this.

I don’t think it was every confirmed for them to be avaible again. They probably won’t

1 Like

Well i feel you there only friend I have in game is Anna don’t get me wrong I love doing content with her and all but we lack more people to actually play and I ain’t puging cause they accept only the most elite they can’t be bothered to help out lesser people and progress together.

For me PvP died when they introduced Arenas.
All of the sudden the TTK changed from approximately 20-30 seconds to Minutes.
Nowadays every PvPencounter feels like two Brick Walls hitting each other with Cotton Swaps.
In WorldPvP i sometimes even sit down so the fight will be over sooner.

That’s not because of arenas though. It’s because blizzard wanted to make everyone feel good about themselves by making them immortal, giving them 500 defensives and self heals and now nobody feels good when they can’t kill anyone anymore.

They’ve always been available for saddles, there’s not been a single vicious which was removed, in fact there was also some kind of confirmation about the bfa ones specifically.

" Vicious War Riverbeast and Vicious War Clefthoof, the mount rewards from BFA PvP Season 1, will be purchasable at the end of the expansion." first comment on wowhead, it’s not been updated for a while, if it works for them it should work for the others.

Posted by Ythisens

Hey guys! This is something we’ve seen y’all ask about and just wanted to share some insight to the Vicious Saddle mounts.

Currently, players can earn Vicious Saddles through the “Veteran of the Alliance” or “Veteran of the Horde” series of per-character achievements. We’re also working on some new ways players can earn Vicious Saddles in the next major content update, Tides of Vengeance.

Note that the Battle for Azeroth seasonal mounts will not be added to the saddle vendor until sometime after the conclusion of the final Battle for Azeroth PvP season. Until then, the only way to earn these mounts will be to actively participate in the associated PvP season.

still dead

1 Like

pvp died the moment the legion pre-patch came out

1 Like

DH is so OP that it killed PvP.

Arenas aren’t the problem. It’s when they gave everything to everyone (everybody has an interrupt, everybody has a stun, everybody has CC) that class-play has been meta/FOTM oriented. That, and of course the pruning that meant there is no longer any depth to Arenas. Every game is the same predictable version of CC chaining until you eventually manage to kill the healer or 10 minute games where Dampening will actually feel like it exists

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.