High End Mythic raiders are responsible for almost everything wrong with Shadowlands

Now, before you take your pitchforks out, read everything and think carefully. I’m not defending Blizzard for the record content drought. I am however, exclusively blaming High End Mythic raiders or “the 0.1%” for the state of the game at the moment and how we got here.

Shadowlands has been riddled with restrictions in one form or another since before it’s inception. Here are 6 examples how high end raiders/keystone players ruined the game for everybody:

1. AoE cap was introduced to some classes and/or specs.
    This was done only for the reason that high end mythic keystone players don’t clear dungeons too quickly or do some insane pulls. Some classes have a few abilities that aren’t AoE capped, while others have none. This has done nothing to help people enjoy their classes more, but was put in place only to prevent the high end players from abusing it on high keys.

2. Loot.
    Loot was nerfed to the point where mythic + participation dropped to below BFA levels in just a few months. Why? Because of high end mythic raiders. In order to make them clear the overtuned raid in 2 weeks instead of 1, Blizzard effectively screwed gearing for the entire playerbase in every single form of content. NO ONE had a better experience because of these changes. The 0.1% still cleared the raid in 2 weeks and the rest of us were left with the consequences.

3. Overtuned Heroic end bosses (last 2).
    Tier after tier we see Heroic bosses overtuned to the point where they are stronger than 2 or 3 of the first bosses in Mythic. This is done EXCLUSIVELY to promote boosting and token sales. There is absolutely no other reason to gatekeep last 2 bosses on each tier and make them way, way harder than the first 8. Who benefits from this except the boosts? How can this help new players take the next step into mythic raiding? This way of balancing bosses is done literally only for token sales.

4. Mythic raiding record low participation and dying guilds.
    You’ve all seen it. Guilds are breaking one after the other and going on breaks. Mythic raids feel like annoying work conferences that no one wants to attend instead of feeling like fun nights with the boys. The rewards are just not worth what you go through and it’s normal more and more people are stopping after they reach CE. Of course, no one can make you raid Mythic, but at the same time, the entire game shouldn’t be balanced around that raid difficulty alone.

5. 0.1% treating the game like nothing.
    After the “round table” Preach video, I was left speechless. When they asked the guild masters how they are keeping the guilds together, they basically said they are treating WoW as a seasonal game and they almost exclusively play other games. These are the people that the game is designed around. These are the people who ONLY play the game for financial gain. These people are the ones impacting developer decisions. These are the people who leave after they have their little race every few months.

6. The delay is MAINLY because of high end mythic raiders
    The time developers have spend on conduit energy gating systems - all done so 0.1% cannot change them in raids. The time spend creating worthless legendaries and worthless class covenant abilities - all done because of high end raiders. All the time spend into overtuning the next raid so the 0.1% take more than 2 weeks to finish it. All the time spend on time-gating Legendaries behind months of Torghast so the same people cannot finish the raid 1 day faster. Every single delay, every single system is implemented to be a blockade against those people to make them have their race at a slower pace. Everyone else pays for the consequences.

Now, whether or not you agree with me on these issues is not important, because it doesn’t change the outcome of the current situation. The game is being balanced exclusively over high end raiding while the population is going down and mythic raiding in general is being less and less popular by the patch. Here’s my simple message to Blizzard:

STOP BALANCING THE GAME AROUND PEOPLE WHO ONLY PLAY IT FOR FINANCIAL GAIN. THESE PEOPLE HATE THE GAME AND MAKE IT WORSE FOR EVERYBODY. LET PEOPLE HAVE FUN, GIVE PEOPLE NEW CONTENT AND STOP CREATING THOSE DISGUSTING RESTRICTIONS.

I am beyond disappointed with how badly they are treating Shadowlands. The game had so much potential, but the way it’s being treated by the developers is just tragic.

64 Likes

Just lol.

No.

91 Likes

So you came to the conclusion blizz developers are responsible for the game. Well done. Maybe you want to change the title of the topic.

25 Likes

Go 8 months back on the forums, and many casuals celebrated this change … people would ones again have their niche or w/e.

Further more, the change doesn’t really impact anyone. Casuals can’t do pulls of 10+ mobs, because guess what, it’s hard. They didn’t do it in BFA, and they don’t do it in SL, target cap or no target cap. It only limits class choice top end, and people deluding themselves low end.

Again, go 8months to a year back, and you’ll see who it is that’s complaining about all the bloated loot drops, it wasn’t the top end most of the time, people wanted back to meaningful loot at what not … Well, guess what, you got it, you aren’t happy with it… And now the top players is to be blamed for it ?

Actually go back in time again, this was again celebrated by the more casual playerbase. Made HC meaningful. Again, this is what many casuals actually wanted, it allowed for propper progress in HC … but again, now you’re not happy with it, and the top players needs to be blamed.

BFA season 3. 1200 guilds got CE, Legion Season 3 831, SL S1 1800 … Record low? i think not … plain BS.

Designed for the top .1% what are you on about, if anything, all these systems we get all the time if anything just makes the game more anoying for the top end. Just gonna say it, you have no bloody clue what you are even talking about.

Again, go back 8-12 months, and you’ll see the casuals celbrating these BS systems, while the top end said it was BS … But no, we got shut down because we “wanted to take all the fun away”.

Your entire post is just one long hate filled post against top end players, who you try to blame for everything.
We did not want this.
We did not ask for this.
The “casuals” asked for quite afew of these things tho … So if you want to lay the blame somewhere, look in the bloody mirror.

98 Likes

Astorkata has a point. There just is no point in grinding Shadowlands. It is not fun anymore. Glad there is classic/classicBC, there the gear means something. I feel ashamed for buying Shadowlands in the first place, stopped playing retail when I realised how futile grinding it is. Over a decade of playing and couldn’t even get to the first raid, even though did the dailies and all. Just because the moneyboosters only got the mythic teams to gear up for it. You couldn’t solo the gear or go with pug grouped hc/mythic, to get the ilvl required. And even if you do, the gear scales down and the mobs become harder …

4 Likes

Mate this thread is just embarrassing.

You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. AOE caps, Conduit Energy etc. are not things that high end raiders want in the game. They actively despise these systems.

Also if Blizzard makes changes to stop the fast progress of high end raiders then that’s not really something you can blame the raiders for. You cannot blame them for being too good at the game. All the decisions made are 100% Blizzards responsibility.

Of course the 0.1 % are treating the game like nothing. Because it is nothing. The only good part of WoW right now is raiding. There’s nothing else to do besides that. So how can you blame them for raid logging?.. do you expect these players to run around and do World Quests all day? No of course not. WoW is a raiding simulator now.

And Heroic raiding is NOT overtuned. You got 4 different difficulties to chose from. If the Heroic raid is too difficult for you then you can just do normal or LFR. Blizzard should not reduce the difficulty of harder modes when you already have easier modes. That makes no sense.

18 Likes

Most topics where about how stupid aoe cap is,I personally don’t care about that 0.01% or the about streamers,probably most people left because they got butthurt over multiboxing being bannable,that includes 0.01%,problem was that blizzard allowed multi boxing for to long time making some people making crazy amount of gold and could just spend it on boost,achievements,loot,rating,and leaving the casual players on the bottom of the food chain,also we had a long lockdown probably most people got bored of gaming and being in front of the pc all day and want to go out or get a job to work as lots of people lost it

I mean, most if not all of the points can be made in regards to any type of player.

“AoE cap was introduced because transmog farmers were clearing old raids too quickly”.

Stupid claim obviously, but just as stupid as blaming high end mythic raiders for changes that -nobody- asked for.

11 Likes

I agree the hc bosses are ridiculous this tier. It seems like Blizzard has tuned it for groups that already overgear the content, to boost token sales.

Have you tried healing it or do you just mash your rogue rotation and call it easy?

1 Like
  1. I didn’t call it easy. I just said it wasn’t overtuned.
  2. Yes I have healed it. I have also tanked it.
  3. You still have 4 difficulties so there’s no need to cry about one being too hard. What is the point of making heroic easier when you already have normal mode. It makes no sense.
7 Likes

What ilevel healer? What was average ilevel of group?

HC bosses are fine this tier. They present enough of a challenge that curve actually feels like an achievement, but they’re not so difficult that only serious, 2+ times a week raiders can clear them.

4 Likes

Around ilvl 205-210.

But I don’t see why it’s important. Let’s be honest, the people that complain about heroic being overtuned at this stage of the tier are already outgearing it because of m+ weekly vault. So they outgear heroic and they STILL complain it’s overtuned. Heroic is not overtuned and the main reason why players die on Sire D is because you they stand in sh*t. They die because they make personal mistakes and straight up fail basic mechanics. It’s definitely just a skill issue of getting hit by dodge mechanics.

There already are 2 easier difficulties available for all players. So making heroic easier makes no sense. An easier version of heroic already exists and it’s called normal.

4 Likes

Well, it is/was definitely harder than previous tiers. And Nathria is terrible scaling for smaller groups.

1 Like

There’s not really anything on Sire D heroic that kills you unless you make personal mistakes. The only tricky part for pugs is correctly pushing Sire to phase 3 before the adds spawn. If people die during phase 1 or 2 it’s 99.9% due to them not dodging mechanics so I don’t really emphasize with people saying it’s overtuned.

6 Likes

Well, it is/was definitely harder than previous tiers. And Nathria is terrible scaling for smaller groups.

(and the raid is obviously not 1 boss)

1 Like

You’re just bad, you’ve been moaning non stop about how hard the mean ol game is for months. Get better or stop raiding.

9 Likes

To bad blizz focusing on that mythic+ guys and raiders only, game would have been alot better if they focused on guys that likes open world content instead.

1 Like

And the thing is - we don’t want gear to be scarse, we don’t want AoE cap, we don’t want overtuned raids either we want good challenge and interesting mechanics and not something which prevents you from clearing the raid because you need good RNG

2 Likes