High Mythic + should drop 220 ilvl gear

Let me start off by saying, the game just isn’t fun anymore. Everything feels like a chore. Whilst pvp gearing got fixed and seems to be working really well, pve gearing got smashed to pieces. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind the lowered drop rates of items, I’m more referring to m+ loot. Doing a 14+ or higher only awards you with 210 ilvl gear. We can’t progress our characters through m+, so we turn to the vault as our saving grace. This basically killed m+ for me and I’m sure other people feel the same, we do our dungeons for the vault rewards, it’s like doing islands for weekly #puke. With pvp you can buy loot with currency, no RNG involved. With pve you only have RNG, and most of the time we don’t get the stats we need. M+ 15 and higher should drop 220 ilvl gear, or we need a vendor that sells gear. The game feels trash, BFA was better than this, yes I said it.

Also, before someone says, do pvp then… I’d rather have COVID than be stun-locked for days in an arena. I don’t enjoy pvp at all.

11 Likes

100% agree with you. I personally barely felt the “less loot” part. But the lower ilvl dropping in M+ is terrible. I can’t raid as much with my guild due to current events and different work. So M+ would’ve been my primary source for upgrades. But it isn’t because of blizz’s arbitrary decision making.

2 Likes

Blizzard must only add a currency which will allow us upgrading the 210 loot to 213.I think that is the current ilvl dropping from the raids.

But people must have 210 item before being able to upgrade it.

2 Likes

Mythic raid gives 226. But I believe doing high keys should award you the same a pvp 1.8k rating gear which is 220 ilvl.

2 Likes

Exactly that, and some way to buy gear with tokens whatever (not the blizzard tokens).

I like these arguments a lot. I am a big fan of the Great Vault, but it is not enough.

Getting gear that has an ilvl equivalent to 1800 rated pvp gear one way or the other seems fair. I need 0 items in mythics at the moment, except for maybe a 210 ring with a socket… So pushing keys higher than 14 or 15 just seems like a waste of time. I mean I still do my 10 mythics for the weekly chest but thats it. After getting the keystone master mount I dont see the point other than the prestige from Rio score which by the way is a ranking system created outside of blizzard.

The only reason i still do keys above 15 is to have some fun with friends, which arguably is enough in itself… but still cmon blizzard xD

1 Like

Refreshing to see a post not about the amount of drops and what (in my opinion at least) is the issue at least, the low ilvl drops from M+.

In my perfect world they’d make a system so it’s like pvp.
2 currencies
Currency 1 -> Farmed to your hearts content, and used to upgrade gear.
Currency 2 -> Weekly locked, and used to buy gear.
The dergree you can upgrade your gear to is based on the avg highest timed keys you have, scaling all the way up to mythic lvl, like pvp. And sure, let it keep going for the 233 weapon, but weapon only.
That way, raid would still have the best gear, multible bosses with 233 gear, but M+ and pvp would have more deterministic gearing.

8 Likes

Can’t like more than once but I agree on everything. Bring back tokens and let us have some fun in this game for gods sake.

1 Like

I don’t see why not. Asking for +15 keys to reward 220 gear is pretty reasonable. Weekly vault would still give 226 ilvl gear, which is still a nice upgrade.

5 Likes

Imagine they gave us some sort of currency you build up to reforge an item once or twice a month.

1 Like

Whats the point for upgrading a 210+ item just for 3 ilvls just tell me why?

They could allow High Mythic+ to drop 220 item level gear, the problem would then be that players would complain that they can’t complete the keys to actually get the gear instead.

HIGH Mythic+ does not start until at least +18 or +19, so yes. +19 and higher could be dropping 220 item level gear, but then you’d have a million people complaining they are artificially blocked off from getting high level gear “just because my keystone isn’t high enough”.

If you would put 220 gear in faceroll m+ level you effectively kill Heroic raiding completely, since facerolling a +15 M+ is miles easier than clearing castle Nathria on Heroic.

No it isn’t. Or put another way, why do you think that last statement is true?

Cries in 1.234 seconds out of time +15 ToP yesterday

More than 20 dungeons a week, still no +15 in time here. I have timed +20 in legion and +22’s in BFA. I can not call +15’s facerolling (yet?).

2 Likes

Then it’s also correct to say that pvp gearing is killing raiding on all difficulty levels. GG on your argument. M+ is turned in to the BFA Island system, just do it for the weekly. PVP gearing has next to no RNG, PVE gearing 100% RNG. Fantastic system??? Yeah, no.

1 Like

a system where you can upgrade your 210>220 would be enough. doesnt have to drop 220. That way Mythic and high rated PvP still gives the Highest ilvl but doing m+ isnt worthless outside of your Weekly Vault

It kind of is killing Heroic Raid gearing, yes.
Still - it would be a bad idea to give out 220 item level in as low as +15 dungeons.

I completely agree you should be able to get better gear through M+. But +15 is too low for 220 gear. They should simply make the M+ gearing like the PvP gearing. Give us a currency and put a cap on it so you cant get limitless gear from M+.

That’s like them complaining that they cannot get gear from Mythic raids. Entitled players like that just need to be quiet.

That’s a bit exaggerated. I would say getting Curve is easier than getting Keystone Master. I got both.

Anyone doing +18-20 is already sitting on i220, We would basically be where we are right now, aka loot drops being useless

+15 could ATLEAST drop 213 loot, Or as other people are saying give us a currency that allows you to upgrade by +3 every now and then, Maybe make it so you can upgrade once a week that is still better than nothing and will let you upgrade that 210 to a 220 within 3 weeks