Ho do you guys play pvp?

The hc polearm from LK was arguably better than SM for warrior (had both on pserver, for pvp polearm all the way).

Ow ok, thanks for the clarification. Wrath was such a long time that I don’t remember these sort of things.

With how dumbed down the classes are today I don’t any 2k bfa player would be able to reach r1 in wotlk, actually I think they wouldn’t even be able to pull out 2k.

Every one repeats that, like every one repeats that BC heroic dungeons where the hardest thing ever. Classes sure as hell where not harder in WOTLK or anything like that. You can argue that the class fantasy was better portrait or that they felt better to play, but gameplay difficulty, please.

yes it was, sorry if you think that it’s the same sh1t nowadays without stuff like snapshotting or equipping certain weapons / switching stances, let alone retardproof stuff like persistent spell reflect. classes weren’t harder to play, they were harder to master, there was more parameters to take into account and you had way more outplay potential.

2 Likes

You have no played ever wotlk. Stop lying

1 Like

you cant.
its feels like Blizz want us to waste our time on other stuff so, instead of playng the game while enjoyng it and still payng the same f!cking amount of moneyxweek, we are, day after day, more near to quit because the whole gearing system is broken atm

why do you think that way?
Only way I would understand is because actual bfa r1 players are right now playing on 2k rating because there are so few people left.

sure in woltk the rating was more inflated because it had more players, but the r1 players were still highly skilled and would compare to now.
Maybe the skill level of the base got a little higher than before but therefore the game got dumbed down by alot and so slow that your reaction time doesn’t need to be top notch anymore in my opinion

This is because they removed any type of template structure while not re-adding PVP vendors to aid in the gearing of PVP character,

PVP vendors should match the Azjatar and should be bought using honor marks.

2 Likes

go see the rank1 of tbc/wotlk, go see the best pvp montage from classic… you will realize that those players was like 1.8cr in bfa ^^
there were a totally different knowledge of the game and it was actually hard to master classes
now you can lvl up a broken WW and spam FoF and win and get your free 2k :confused:

1. Templates are sh#t.
  2. Bfa pvp gearing is 1000x worse then sh#t.
  3. Wotlk rating is very overrated. I have 2 irl friends who had 2000+ in wotlk and they are 1500 players now:) like me. But yeah we dont have timebank like before

Classes are boring …i used to solve this by rolling alt but lol now i dont even want to start this pve grind again.

wouldn’t your comment be exactly the opposite of what I said?

you said now you can be 2k just pressing 1 skill in bfa, so in woltk you needed more than that to reach 2k+
i found the game much more difficult in woltk times, so you had to be more skilled to reach higher ranking and also need a better reaction time due to higher dmg / healing. bfa is mostly playing in slowmo

there is only 1 argument which I would accept:
2k players are mostly ex rank1 players now because there are not many people left playing arena to inflate the actual rating

I don’t see much of a skill difference between r1 rmp in woltk and r1 rmp in bfa honestly. Actually would say it looks more skillful in woltk, but maybe just me :o

it is hard to compare, because you most likely had a different life situation 10 years ago.
I reached my 2.1+ rating in woltk then in cata again with different class with very few games played but I played a lot pvp at that time, even 2k+ in rbg just for lulz. I m pretty confident I could reach 2k in bfa, but I don’t really have the time. between pve chores for gear and essence and azerite garbage, I don’t have time to find teammates; to top it off you also need to play the right class. Pretty sure a chimp can play destro lock to 2k if he had 2 okish teammates.
So if i go lfg and try playing arena, probably also end up at 1.5k or so, but mostly because I don’t have the time anymore to improve or find a fix team and adapt the situation

1 Like

Without reading the comments: I feel you so much man. I literally feel like I cannot play the game, due to people walking around with 445 ilvl and it being impossible to go over 425 ilvl while playing solo. Pvp is pure gear. You can be a complete dumbass monkey and I won’t kill you due to class inbalance and the 200k hp difference and traits (gear). When I go to rated bgs it’s just a button spam fest. Maybe I’m low rating and newbie, but I won’t compete in a gear fest.

It’s sad. I might quit.

2 Likes

just go watch how raiku/whaaz/chas used to play in wotlk, and what are they now
atm they are probably the 3 best player in the world, whaaz was not even gladiator before mop XD

PvP items are worse and they are harder to obtain, that’s pretty much the problem…

Imo the best system is PvP vendors and PvP power / resilience in gear.

1 Like

imagine crying about gear progression in a MMORPG game…

next level retardation post…!!

if you dont like grinding go play Fortnite…!!

1 Like

You’re missing the point dude

And then you realise that an arms warrior could go stack armor pen, grab 2 healers to go with him into an arena and just yeet everything down to R1.

I would say give us a wotlk pvp server, for bgs and arena and lets have a look!