Holy Pally m+ weakness?

So i have 430+ iLvl, not the bis items, but still, a very viable gear i guess. I try to break the meta every time as i play pally, so i have crit haste stat prio. But guys, in M+ im so freaking weak, i barely can heal a +18 key. For example last time in Vortex, there are a tragon with that healing ring. At that fight wit dtagon and 2 vapor thing i popped everything, I healed my whole life out, was pretty decent procs too, and at the end of the fight i checked healing done, 1st was mine, 50k, 2nd tank 45k, 3rd sh priest 32k… WTF is that, is pally taht weak or I am that rubbish? I dont have any tear sets yet, but this is ridiculous…
Anyone with same experience, or any tips to be able to heal better?
I dont think that the secondary stats would be significant difference

Maybe just me, but paladin always felt like a worse holy priest in terms of healing power

I play it just because i like the beacons & mastery

You need to log runs so people can see what you’re doing.

Generic advice won’t help you at all.

Bottom line is holy pala’s can easily manage what you’re struggling with when played optimally. They’ve timed the same keys on 24 and gear ain’t the difference.

Hpala’s greatest weakness in m+ is their mastery and weird aoe-healing. If your party members don’t stick to you, they die.

I always warn people I run m+ with that if they aren’t close to me, I won’t be able to sustain them for long, and that they will probably die somewhere in the corner, alone and forgotten.

About those dragons in Vortex: if your party is alive, total hps doesn’t matter. It might be that your group mates pressed their healing cds (which is a good but rare thing in random groups), and thus your overall healing was reduced. Not sure if the green circle’s healing counts, need to check that too.

Hard to say what exactly you are doing wrong.

Constant AoE dmg can feel more difficult for HPal then for other healers. For these situations use Virtue and built up Holy Power before and use WoG on the player without Virtue or the player with lowest hp. Even pumping some FoL into a Virtue or non Virtue target can help if you cant hit the boss, holy shock is on cd and to get holy power(if talented) and do some healing.

If you spec also Saved by the Light its like a little cheat death for the whole group and can save you many times.

Also remember when playing with Strength of Conviction to try and stand in your concencration for the 20% WoG bonus.

Don’t forgett to use your aura mastery as well as sacifice to save ppl from your group.

And get your haste to 30%. It feels much much better and smoother. Crit is great when you get the new Tier set, otherwise for m+ you want haste/vers.

Also keep an eye on https://wingsisup.com/ for everything else you need to know.

Well to begin with, “meta” is made because its effective, and in m+ you want haste/mastery (if you want max healing) or haste/vers (if you want to do extra “bit” damage).

going haste/crit is the first mistake, because your base healing is healing like a wet noodle, so even a crit wont hit for much.

Now for the dung itself, this specific pack is annoying to deal with. specially on fort weeks.
what you do is you take assassins alone and dragon alone, because of the aoe. (keep in mind the assassin ability to “jump” to players with aoe might delete one of your dps if they are squishy and didnt pop a personal.

Lastly, ill iterate again, Mastery is king, its flat healing boost for your heals, so if you get that to 30-40% thats an extra 40% on top of your healing, think about that.

i get that people like to break the “meta” for certain classes but this is the outcome.

You need Mastery and to be close to your allies. (10 yards)
In SL Holy had a legendary that caused your Light of Dawn to be 40 yrd range (this is a talent now) AND to place a buff on those it healed that let them fully benefit from your mastery regardless of your distance from them and also doubled the mastery bonus for your WoG. This part of the legendary was not brought over to DF.
In 10.1.5 the Hpal mastery will be changed to Beacon of the Lightbringer, increasing allies healing taken from you based on their distance from you OR your beaconed target(s), whichever is closer (better).

As other people have noted, mastery is very important.

Although I’d also be curious to know whether you’re playing with avenging crusader or not. Because as of right now, that makes up the majority of paladin healing. I was in the same position as you, barely getting by with a meager 50k hps in mythic+, but after avenging crusader, you can burst into 150k veryyy quickly if you’re lucky.

The burst is so immense that for as long as you’ve got avenging crusader active, you should be fine. The scary part of course is when this runs out, and you’re not proccing a new one immediately. In these instances, I’d rely on divine toll, beacon of virtue+word of glory procced with empyrean legacy. - Simply try to hold out until you can re-enter avenging crusader.

Holy paladin can be very unforgiving, like other people have alluded to. Even though I’d love to experiment more with the class, I just don’t know if it’s in a position currently where that flexibility can be afforded.

Good luck though! :slight_smile:

1 Like

AC in m+? Questionable, since aoe damage is easily dealt with via Beacons and GoL. After all, it’s only 5 people in m+, not an entire raid of people who tend to stand 5000km away from you.

Decent healer in my opinion, Lots of suportive utilities, Dispel, Freedom, sac, Bop, Hoj, Repe, And dmg blessing Boost for Ret pala :smiley:

No top holy paladin plays Avenging Crusader, it is garbage for m+.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.