Honor Gear too Powerfull

What brilliant mind thought to have 411 ilvl in PvP mode so early in the Game ? Basically if you didn’t start farming gear when u hit level 70 you are facing Ppl with twice your health and soloing groups alone.

Very smart once again.

5 Likes
2 Likes

There is no such gear in AH. ty

you can literally get the full set in a week of casual playing…i agree the part where you have to get stomped for a few days straight is a terrible design and really poorly though trough

1 Like

you can get a full set by playing like 3-4h not a whole week.

the complaint by OP is so dumb it hurts

this is the best gearing system we ever had because the honor it requires is so low.

of course tier sets will ruin everything

12 Likes

And then you do some BGs and get that ilvl gear yourself.
Wow, mind blown! :exploding_head:

5 Likes

The new problem Blizzard introduced (again) is power creep.
The ilvl explodes way too fast again. It starts in the 60+ leveling phase and goes brrrrt at 70.
I don’t know why Blizzard is really unable to learn from their own game design failures. There is absolutely no need for exploding ilvl.

1 Like

This still does not work?

You get those recipe/patterns from WINNING PvP, on my server there are two on the AH for 50k each (lmao)

With the amount of time you’ll spend in those BGs getting buttsmacked you’ll have probably farmed the honor itself needed for those BETTER pieces.

I got boomed again.

1 Like

Get stomped for a few days of casual play till you get your full set (it takes actually few hours to get 5-6 pieces) or get stomped forever like it used to be in the past expansions ?

1 Like

So the post is dumb because hey, you can get stomped a few hours till you get geared up yourself?

The design is bad. They could have increased the ilvl in PvP in a smaller scale so this wouldnt happen. Its poor design mindset end of story.

2 Likes

OP is right. Yes its “easy” to get that gear if you WIN the bgs. But right now, just 3 days after release, one side has people health doubling the other, the Ilvl just skyrocketed and now the ones who didnt farm bgs day one need to do x10 the work just to win ONCE.

You can check the forums here and multiple posts talking about it. People in the horde with lose streaks of 15+ and the replies from the others? Gitgud, you bad, you can win its just your problem, etc etc.

You can see holinka t weet about it recomendign the crimsom combatant gear himself, and in the replies you can see screenshots of the gear costing 60k + already. Entry level honor gear. Like jesus christ if you missed t he bus you better be lucky and get carried

And still prefer 10x time than the BFA with the PVEboyz casualy roll on you with PVE gear… you can farm the whole gear in HOURS, and it fix the pve powercreep for a whole exepans… atm i die in 2sec but i know when i’ll got gear it will be ok so…
stop complaining when blizzard finally take care of the pvp…

4 Likes

I like the new gearing system tbh. You have to suffer a bit but you get the gear quite fast even by playing Horde and being a casual. The main reason why it sucks right now is because of the faction balance. Alliance has faster queues and gets 50% more honor. Therefore they get gear faster, therefore they win more and get even more honor. I’m quite sure that it will be fine in a week when everybody has the base honor gear tho.

I agree however that the powercreep is too big but that’s entirely because of PvE. Having 4 raid difficulties and infinite M+ scaling has done more harm than good to the balance and the RPG aspect. The alternative would be to make honor suck in PvP which was the case in BfA and it didn’t work out at all (even SL looks amazing compared to BfA imo).

2 Likes

Just do some BGs while you level. I hit 70 on my main with 9.5k honor :mechanical_arm:

2 Likes

I pvped up to level 70 and then bought a full set with the 14k honor I had :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Again, getting stomped for few hours is FAR better than getting stomped forever, yes, it’s not the best, but again, it’s still better than the last expansions.

So basically everyone agrees that is bad but atleast in the long term it wont matter anymore.

The problem is when such things happen on a freshly released content , you furstrate your clients.

As someone crafting that gear I can tell you why the gear is so expensive. The materials are rare and if you farm them you’ll have to farm a lot. If you want to buy them off the auction house you better have very deep pockets. If crafting one piece costs 20k+ (on my realm) only for getting the materials I won’t sell it for under 30k. I already invested more time in the profession than in leveling and I’m not even close to having it maxxed out.

So, if the gear should be an entry level thing it shouldn’t cost you hundred thousands of gold or 100+ hours to farm. That’s just bad by design.

1 Like

It takes 14-18 BGs based on your luck to be maxed out.

This suffering is absolutely nothing compared to suffering I endured in BfA and SL which was whole expansion long catchup game where half of the catchup was outside of PvP - and even when I did it I was behind because of rating locked gear and me being 1500-1800 player(based on class, season and expansion)

I wanted crafting gear too, but nobody can make it. Plans drop in chests after BG/arena win, drop chance is low, materials expensive. Im glad I did not waste gold and effort on it though, honor is so fast that I would just waste gold and replace whole set in 3-4h anyway.

As I said somewhere else: The decision to make “crappy entry pvp gear” less accessible than honor gear is strange.

1 Like