Honor - Seriously.... fix it

So I played TBC and I did ALOT of BG’s and Arena back then. I don’t care what some video is showing it was NEVER this much of a grind.

Lets give this some context…
The off pieces (Neck, Back, Trinket, Ring, Belt, Brackers, Boots) which are a “required” farm every season are a total of 97888 honor. Let me break that down for ALLIANCE with instant queues.

Average Honor from a winning BG, on holiday weekends is around 500 honor. On a none holiday BG its around 250 honor. An average AB or EOTS is around 25 minutes.

Assuming you win every game onholiday weekend only, you need to win 195 games. and only play on a holiday weekend that is 83 hours played, inside the BG in order to just get the off pieces.

Now the horde have (I am told) 1 hour queue times for BG and premading is not viable. They requires 195 hours of queue time + they then need to spend 83 hours in the BG’s. A Whopping 278 hours of being “in game” winning everything… on holiday weekend only just to get the OFFSET pieces.

Now throw in the Marshal Warlord set… which costs 86061 honor.

I have the privelege of playing alliance with instant queues and can premade enabling me to farm around 2.5k per hour on holiday weekend. for the OFFSET that is still 50 hours of premading.

Honor needs to be Quadrupled AT LEAST. It was NOT like this every season in TBC and I can’t find a single player who actually played every season in TBC who remembers having to spend 10 days farming BG’s.

19 Likes

Because people didn’t farm the entire honor set in TBC.
You get parts of the honor pieces and eventually got arena pieces.

3 Likes

Imagine doing bgs for fun, just imagine

5 Likes

A lot of people, especially Horde, do exactly that. It gets significantly less fun however when you have to wait for an entire hour + only to get flattened by premades, and then on top of that, be at a significant pvp gear disadvantage because of the immense amount of time it currently takes to acquire pvp gear with the game in this state for Horde.

I am exactly the sort of person who does BGs for fun. I am currently not doing that, because it is not fun.

5 Likes

tbc was like that yes,dont lie.

just like looking for a tank was like that too.

stop opening posts about classic.

you knew exactly what you signed up for.

blizzard warned players before ,you think you wanna play classic,but you dont!

5 Likes

Back then people started with the crafted PvP set and then replace it with PvE/GB/Arena gear. You did not get a full pvp GB set before arenas, ever.

1 Like

If you read the post, I am pointing out the amount of honor required for the offset which was farmed every season.

To everyone else saying “this is what it was” I call BS on you PvPing in TBC nobody I talk to remembers the farm for the offset being like this. Look at the forum where 80% of discussions are about PvP from both Horde and Alliance.

4 Likes

I came back to TBC mainly because of PvP. I was planning to do more characters enjoying TBC gameplay and arenas. But these honor rates basically took away my enthusiasm for TBC. I can´t even force myself to levelup my warrior. Even as an alliance it takes absurd amount of time to farm honor gear. And for what? For mediocre honor gear which will be replaced in few months on new season?

I don´t even think about trying to play alts or even horde mains, its disgusting.

If this stays like it is 90% of PvP playerbase will be gone.

4 Likes

That’s exactly my point.
Not that many people grinded that hard for the honor off sets.
It was faster getting the arena gear than the honor sets.
Do I think that the honor gained should be highered? = Yes, especially when you lose…
It’s faster for me to farm the bots in the lake gaining honor rather than actually playing BGs lol.

1 Like

Incorrect, anyone serious about pvping got all the honor items that were an upgrade. Sure they didn’t get everyone on day one but we sure farmed them out until we were done. But honestly, I actually think must of the serious players got most on day one as honor transitioned with you as the season ended if I recall correctly.

All that does sound like a lot, but maybe it’s just how it was? I did see some videos suggesting otherwise, but not many and they’re a bit inconclusive.

In Vanilla, you had to farm much more 50 hours for one piece (e.g. AB exalted shoulders). And rank purples, oh boy. TBC was right after Vanilla, so it seems natural that items required comparable time investment, and not 10 times less.

But again, I know nothing, and neither do you unless you have some evidence.

I remember nolifing for 2 weeks in TBC to get my full honor set.

1 Like

2 weeks? As a horde, week 1 of the 2 are the queues. If you are playing 8 hours a day, you stay in queues for 4 hours. So half of the time is wasting time. I’m a casualplayer, if i can play 4 bgs an win them all, i can get 1200 honor per day. So i need 13 days for 1 item (e.g. neck 15300 honor).
Start arena with green gear? start at rating 0? played 12 games and got a rating of 700. Wow, i will get 127 arenapoints. if i can reach 1500 rating with my green gear, it takes 7 weeks for 1 arena piece. lol

2 Likes
  • No one forced people to pick the PvP-overpopulated faction
  • Everyone is free to create his own premades
2 Likes

Back in the day the queues weren’t that long. Now I rerolled alliance.

1 Like

literally nobody did that I think you’re mistaking it with wotlk where the crafted pvp set wasnt complete garbage.

1 Like

No, i am talking TBC, thats where ppl started, pvp set and pve and then they worked them selves up. The set was just to get some resilence.

1 Like

There are still some sick pvp items that you dont have to buy for honor

1 Like

You are wrong, because people were not as obsessed with min maxing as they are today, yes there were some people who farmed it out, but in my memory the broad player base was much more exploring than today.

Imagine, back in the days I had friends who went into arena with their friends for fun and did not reasearch the arena T1 comps beforehand and then found out they cant play with their friends.
… or people going just for fun into BG and it was fine because most other people where there for fun too and when you got an honor item it was great, 2 even better etc. Not like today “omfg I am still missing 2 honor items, I need to take a day off”…
… also I did not see any boosting advertisement in the trade chat…

1 Like

You really think casuals would EVER see a pvp item if they didn’t grind? If you play here and there not trying to farm gear you would probably get one item by the time wotlk is out. No one will do a hundred BGs casually for fun and be happy with 1 item.

2 Likes