Horrific Vision Rewards

Salutations! We’d like to clarify some details about rewards from Horrific Visions. Items are awarded from Horrific Visions at the following milestones:

Objective Reward iLvl
Vision Boss Only 420
Vision Boss + 2 Bonus Objectives 430
Full Clear No Masks 445
Full Clear + 1 Mask 450
Full Clear + 2 Masks 455
Full Clear + 3 Masks 460
Full Clear + 4 Masks 465
Full Clear + 5 Masks 470

Each week, you can obtain each tier of rewards once, with a 100% chance to obtain the best reward that the you were eligible for on any given Horrific Vision.

For example, if on your first run of the week you clear 2 bonus objectives and defeat the Vision boss, you’ll get an iLvl 430 item. If you then repeat that run, you’ll get the iLvl 420 item that you were eligible for (because you’re no longer eligible for an iLvl 430 item until the weekly reset). If you then perform a full clear, you’ll get the iLvl 445 piece.

Please note: the presence or absence of other players in Horrific Visions does not influence the chance for an item to be rewarded. All loot tracking is personal, and a character must be alive and sane at the start of an encounter in order to receive credit. Happy hunting! :dizzy:

2 Likes

I don’t want to sound rude, but I came back after not having played since mid Cata (was before that a player since day1) because Shadowlands looks nice, but I’m only confused - so confused that I even use the forum for the first time ever. I was somehow able to find out how the other mechanics work now, but this is just an awful system. Not only did I believe I would get gear everytime I do one of the visions, I’m not even sure I even got gear once. I got some stuff from the intro-questline as chosen reward and some bracers at some point during the questline, but was that my reward for this week or did I just get nothing? Is it bugged or does it work as intended? Does this mean I should run many different versions to get the most gear or should I run the highest because otherwise it gets downgraded? Do I get e.g. 5 if I run 5 different or do I get 1 of the lowest? Should I get an item per run or do I get everything in a nice mail with a bow once per week per mail? I’m only confused. I thought all this gear upgrading like WoW is suddenly an Asian grinder was weird enough but now I don’t know if I should even continue to play bc I won’t ever be able to catch up if I just get one piece a week and knowing my luck the same slot over and over again. It’s not like in the past when you could just cobble together best possible gear for you and still find people to play with because there were always leftovers in raids to equip a good player from pretty much blue equip. If you aren’t at least max equiped nobody wants you in their raid/group from what I’ve seen in the last few weeks.

Can anyone explain this system in easy words, so I know if it even makes sense to continue playing as a player who just came back to the game or is it wasted time and money and I should maybe try my luck again with Shadowlands? And can anyone tell me if I should get something for every Vision or only once per week, because I seriously don’t understand if it’s one or the other and therefore if it’s bugged for me or I’m just impatient.

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

I’ve done 4 horrific visions and no gear has dropped.

4 Likes

So I can do 4 bonus objectives but if I failed killing thrall I got no loot no Wrathion quest item (so no cape upgrade). So no nothing? Seems fair…

3 Likes

I just killed thrall but I didnt got the book "Fear and Flesh" its not 100% drop for that quest item? If its 100% how can I recover drop? its bugged or?

y you’re not the only one with that problem i just did one and got nothing aswell so its clearly a bug
but rather or not they will return the 10k Coalecing Visions so we can do again but when its fixxed is yet to be seen.
might aswell go back to classic if they dont do it tbh
cause i aint wasting my time just to get punished by a bug they cant refund or fix

2 Likes

Did you clean a secondary wing? I checked immediately with wowhead if that was somehow different bc the book was called differently and there it says you need to clear a second wing + thrall for it. And yes nowhere in game it says that!

I just farmed my a** off all night so I can get rank 6 for cloak…and I did the Horrific vision after reset, I killed Thrall like the other runs, I looted the chest and I didn’t got the item for quest from it, just Corrupted Mementos. What can I do now? :frowning:

It literally tells you in the quest that you have to look deeper into the vision

1 Like

Well it does say that, but a.) most ppl don’t read walls of text anymore, b.) deeper is quite the vague description. It doesn’t say: We need to take down generals or whatever you have to kill there. Deeper could be a certain amount of mobs, a certain amount of time in there etc. - Haven’t done it myself yet bc I neither have the mats right now to buy another access as well as that I don’t really want to try it considering I still don’t know if it’s bugged or works as intented that I don’t get loot…

No it’s just a cryptic description of what to do (at least I hope that isn’t bugged too and you can actually get the items). If you look into the comments on wowhead there is a detailed description how it works with the books/what you have to do for each book. I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Well if people dont bother to read the quest they cant really complain about not being able to do it, and telling me to look deeper into the vision is pretty self explanatory, its obvious you need to kill more than thrall, a quick look at the map that Wrathion offers you as an option when you talk to him to actually enter the vision shows you there are multiple bosses and areas one of which is less painful than the others.

I agree though the fact its not dropping the quest item when people HAVE done whats needed is not acceptable

1 Like

You should have read the quest, it clearly says to “look deeper” => go and finish another wing.

2 Likes

I had the same thing happening and it was my fault. So I don’t expect a refund or anything.

But can I ask to improve the design for questchains like this that update game deciding gear for the player and where the amount of currency is so high that progress cannot realistically be made up for?

Well lets be real, the design of the questchain is the smallest issue here. Yes it would make it less frustrating because at least you would know why you didn’t get anything - and it defeats the idea of it being an MMORPG, if all you are doing is spending your time on “wikis” just so you don’t accidentely do smth “wrong” which sets you back for even months, making it next to impossible to enjoy 99% of the following content - but having to use Google before even taking a quest every single time wouldn’t fix the bug that you simply didn’t get anything, or the issue that it is a.) Random what you get - b.) Random if it is corrupted or not - c.) Random if it is not enough corrupted so it is pretty much useless to you until further notice (or you have to pretty much take away what makes it special).

I personally feel like, after having played again for a few weeks and coming from an age when WoW knew what it wanted to be, that the dev team is confused what they want the game to be. Is it an RPG (considering all the story missions), is it a strategy game (considering all the external calculations and sources you have to use), is it a multi-player game, is it a single player game, is it casual or is it hardcore etc.

And that’s the source of these kind of problems. A questtext that is hard to understand and you maybe fail before you do the right thing, is not the source of people writing here. The problem is that you are so dependend on understanding it, that it triggers anxiety in the players.

I do not understand, since rewards are locked once per week, why did you guys have to make a Coalescing visions requirement ? Why not let people keep trying for it like M+/Raids ?

It is really annoying, if I get DC, or somehow fail killing Thrall trying to 5 chest it, I know that I just lost one vessel for nothing. If the Tower from shadowlands is anything like this, please do not waste your time on it.

I have an odd one. Was with a guildie, doing the flesh and fear part. We muddled through it, healing, using orbs what not. The issue arose when, somehow, we got punted through a wall, but still killed the dwarf. Hooray completed quest. My bug had me die seconds after the quest dwarf, go into my spirit healer form (which in a vision should not and does not usually happen) mother does her talk and rescue thing… And I’m still dead. With no way to release. Can’t be resurrected either. So. I’ve lost everything through a stupid bug, I can’t collect the quest item, but oh its fine we can post you the other bits. I don’t care. As a holy priest I need to be in a group, I need that upgrade for raid purposes. Not only lost 10k, days of terrible daily quests, but lost out on a quest item. And I could not ticket it because the stuck option did nothing. Porting out also causes loss. Dc causes loss. I have screenshot proving I completed the quest too. FYI.

Sorry to put in here, I can’t start my own thread?

Pro tip, don’t use your vision keys, You might dc on Activisions part and you are not refunded anything if you do lose them!

I have a problem, that on my Demon Hunter (alt) i get Essence of Ny’alotha so i can buy items from MOTHER, but on my Death Knight (main) i do not get any. Why can it be, or maybe i forgot something to do to get Essences?