Horrific visions

so i wasted 3 [Vessel of Horrific Visions] for nothing since i didnt check guides , im late by 3 ranks with my legenrdy ? how to get them fast

1 Like

You needed a guide to just kill Thrall for the first 5 ranksā€¦?

Rank 6+ requires you to finish an objective in any of the side zones (Wisdom one is easiest).

Donā€™t waste them Sanity Spheres. You can deploy them before engaging, and they heal you too.

2 Likes

From what Iā€™ve read, a lot of Very Prominent people on the PTR, who of course didnā€™t have guides, blew a lot of Vessels because they didnā€™t realise they needed to get in and get out fast in the first couple of runs.

If I hadnā€™t heard that tidbit, Iā€™d probably have gone Tourist Mode myself on my first try, and maybe my second. And, of course, knowing where to go is another thing.

Opdks, the CV you use to buy Vessels are rationed. You can get 6 in the first week, and then, from what I hear, just three per week thereafter.

Butā€¦ thereā€™s the sanity meter. You shouldā€™ve known from the get go it was timedā€¦ whole point of the quest of getting the cloak wouldā€™ve made that obvious. No? :o

well i didnt know killing ttrall was enough . i was going around kiling. thatss why some guides recommnded to watch guides and dont to mess up

Timed? Yes. Timed so short? No.

I hadnā€™t watched any guides or anything, but I had heard that you needed to rush straight to Thrall, so I did. I skipped to the two guards, and even so, I was down to almost half-sanity when I ran in. I did not expect two trash mobs to put up that much fight.

Realising that I was already low made me ā€¦ not quite panic, but definitely rush myself to the point that I forgot to TW before Thrall. And that fight was designed by someone who has a deep and visceral hatred of Frost Mages. Maybe an evul band of Frost Mages murdered his parents or something. Unslowable hard melee opponent in a very confined space. Nightmare time for Frost Mage.

And then I didnā€™t know what the mechanics were. Yes, it turned out they werenā€™t exactly subtle, but I didnā€™t know that going in ā€¦ this was the point where I wished I had watched guides.

Usually, Blizz make patch entry content pretty forgiving. No-one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

Yes, I got through and got out. But also yes, I have every sympathy for those who didnā€™t.

1 Like

well that was enough . if u cant go deep or time about to end. just go to thrall for legenrdy rank, i know nothing about that, for me like mythic plus timed!! and ofc i idnt know that i have to grind for that key, i didnt read patchā€¦ thats why ppl should read !@

1 Like

No, if you have the vessels and use them before youā€™ve got to a certain point in your quest, you wonā€™t receive any upgrades. I did it as i had a vessel before i had to buy one fro wrathion, used it and didnā€™t receive the upgrade because the upgrade comes from the quest and the quest wasnā€™t available.

Blizzard arenā€™t refunding this issue or changing the quest chain, but their is a catch up system being implemented so youā€™ll only be lower for a few weeks.

Oh, and that was another gotcha. You have a Vessel in your bags when Wrathion gives you the quest to go in, so you might reasonably think you should just go, but if you go without buying one from him, you donā€™t complete the quest.

Thankfully, that didnā€™t happen to me, but I imagine it might have.

2 Likes

Cannot say I like stormwind one, it is notably more annoying. I think Stormwind is made to have PTR, pr guides at hand. It is annoying with annoying effects and with just one vision I felt my last resets orgrimmar hype and love died with crash and burn.

Really a knockback mechanic that bounces you around, and anti melee boss mechanic. She sits middle of fire not moving no matter where on earth in room you move.

And then you do harder content like vision and get 420 or 430 and then do 4 quests in world and get 445 ā€˜infinite starsā€™ corrupted item.

Good design, i guess.

I havenā€™t popped in this week yet, but I am hoping that Stormwind will be friendlier to ranged, because Org was surely tailored to melee.

I am not sure how friendly constant knockback in ā€˜bombingā€™ zone is for ranged. but my ā€˜raiderā€™ character is going to skip SW and do notably easier Org. next reset for 7 and 8. :slight_smile: or at least for me it seems SW is notably more time consuming. Although admited my dk just happened to go to high sanity area by accident and couldnā€™t open the gate for boss (because the devices simply did nothing) so had to go back and got only 1 extra boss instead expected 2.

Ouch :slight_smile: I just said the same thing in our guild discord. Save vessels for next week and tease Thrall.

My guildies for example feel that SW is much more group friendly than solo friendly. And I just love solo style because with meld and personal cd uses I am more entertained than with other people.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.