Hotfixes 23/4 Gear nerfs

kinda a joke tbh 50% didn’t do much to diamond barrier and it won’t do much to these items. And no void stone nerf

4 Likes

gotta keep the players buying some tokens for some crucible gear runs

1 Like

Seems like okay changes to me, at least based on the feedback players have given regarding those items.

There’s a limit to how much Blizzard can nerf an item through a hotfix, because the change isn’t reflected in the tooltips, so the nerf still has to leave the item in a state where its tooltip isn’t entirely misleading. The perils of hotfixes! :yum:

Not sure it’ll affect the gameplay much in the end though. Business as per usual in the casual PvP content like Random Battlegrounds and Skirmish Arenas. And high-end rated PvP will probably still be a dampening affair, heh. :wink:

The fix is at least a step in the right direction and they acted a bit faster this time. Let’s cut them some slack for that.
Not sure yet if the nerfs will be enough though. Plus no nerf on the trinket, also still no balancing (classes) fixes for weeks already.

It’s not enough. If only one of these items existed then fair enough but plate wearers with all three equipped (the two CoS items and the trinket) are still going to have way too much absorb/self healing.

That bloody weapon needed atleast 80%, it does so much healing it might cure my sh*tty personality one day.

they should’ve nerfed all of them about 70-80%, it won’t be enough and ppl with the 3 raid items will be literally unkillable anyways

What a joke.

i got a dream, that one day blizzard will wake up and:
->Make a balancing pass for pvp
->Buff pvp gear for pvp.

Usually Jito post.

Skipping a nerf to voidstone is mental.

it’s a shield on the same cd as safeguard, but has a shield for 3x the value of safeguard… and you think no bother, they can sort that another time.

1 Like

I don’t think I commented on the Void Stone at all. I commented on the hotfixes they’ve made, not the ones you want them to make. I’m not a psychic. But for what it’s worth, then yeah, they should nerf the Void Stone as well.

As I already mentioned in other post there is a simple solution to trinket issue. Reapply WoD’s trinet’s “set bonus”. For having 2x PvP trinket players whould get 10% more damage/healing done and 10% less damage taken buffs in instanced PvP - trinkets fixed.

1 Like

Should be nerfed by 90%.
50% still makes it better than other equipment.
It was the same with the Void Stone trinket, nerfed by 50% but still too good.

It was already infuriating to see pve trinkets hidden in a raid better than pvp equipment, but to see a pve trinket with the exact same effect on the same cd as a pvp one (which was designed for pvp) but three times stronger is the epitome of imbecility.

Either that or it’s a clear “we want pve heroes to compete in every aspect of the game even pvp so they need the same gear three times better screw you” but hey what happens when a pvper gets the gear well he doesn’t lose anymore.

2 Likes

I think its just a ploy to increase participation. Right now I reckon most PvPers are doing mythic+ because we have to…PvErs don’t have to do PvP but if they have a ridiculous advantage as they do right now, they probably will if they want to.

All PvE gear with any effect should be nerfed by 90% in PvP; do the same for PvP gear in PvE to stop the on-use being BiS for some specs and then…everyone is happy?
Either that or give us a damn trinket set bonus again and give us an effect on our items like we used to have.

1 Like

Roughly how big was the shield from the polearm?

No wonder everybody hates you. You’re mental, how do you think void stone is fine? smh

How in God’s name did you come to the conclusion that I think Void Stone is fine when I litterally went on to say the following:

So yeah, no wonder everybody hates me when their reading comprehension leaves so much to be desired. :expressionless:

2 Likes

I may be wrong, but isn’t Void Stone like a double-edged sword where it either kills or saves you?

Since it’s bugged in pvp and can either absorb for 190k or 90k you can think of it as “Sometimes makes your health unable to go up or down for 12 seconds” Which is pretty dumb against set-up comps.
I wouldn’t honestly mind this effect being a pvp talent that lasted 6 sec on a 2 min cd that replaced cocoon or something like that, but the fact that it’s just an item you can get super easily if you’re lucky is uhhhhh…