How are Rogue's on Soloing?

I always play the sneaky class in other games, and love-love-love the class fantasy of Rogue

But I was wondering, how well does Rogues solo play? I’m talking questing, Wq, during leveling, Achivements, maybe old raids up to Legion. and general Quest, WQ and Group quests in BFA

I Rolled this Paladin with soloing in mind, but it’s …a little boring :rofl: I just pull everything in sight and mow em’ down, and move to the next spot :stuck_out_tongue:

Pretty well tho you do get your AoE fairly late so there’s that. Having stealth to skip past mobs you don’t need can be really nice to have though. As well as vanish for those moments where you bite off more than you can chew.

2 Likes

So it is possible then?

I don’t really care if you have to work extra or think twice. As long as it is possible :stuck_out_tongue: Also I don’t need to be able to solo current stuff, but I would like to be able to solo M0 of Legion, maybe at least normal raids as well.

I’d rather have a challenge than to just be an immortal god :grin:

All classes can solo given enough gear, you could likely solo m0 Legion content at 120 cus I was basically able to solo m0 by the end of Legion, so with 10 more lvls it’d be easy.

1 Like

Except for a couple of achievements that involve healing, I think Rogue is one of the best classes for older achievements like killing 5 of the other faction in X city or pvp achievements in general.

As a rogue in BFA I can solo almost anything.
Leeching poison, Feint, Crimson vial, Kidneyshot, Evasion and cloak of shadows make you near invincible when soloing rares or casual wpvp.

Less damage from falling, vanishing when things get too hot, sprint, blind and shadowstep all add up for a class that’s well equipped to handle almost anything.

4 Likes

I managed to solo arguably harder content (Nazjatar) on a really low ilvl rogue without too much trouble, where I actually had issues on other classes, like Warrior. With the rogue I was able to separate mobs by sapping them and coming back to them when I was finished with others.
If you get in a pickle then just vanish and reset the fight. IMHO rogues are perfect for soloing content just because they can control what they want to deal with.

2 Likes

Rogue is one of the easiest solo classes, imo. For leveling I strongly recommend Subtlety for the high survivability and ability to teleport attack from stealth, but once you hit 120 switch it to Assassin or Outlaw. Sub is trash in endgame.

My favorite class by far. Great for wpvp too because 99% of the time, people don’t even know that you’re there.

Out of all the classes I ever played, rogue had the hardest time against mobs in nazjatar.

It was the only class out of all the others that lost HP by fighting mobs or overpulling, even getting close to dying. It’s quite a gear dependant class, and it’s damage without gear is…despicable.

You also need at minimum 3-4 weapons to perform normally, preferably 2 swords for outlaw, 2 daggers for assassination and subtletly. And you will absolutely need the bare minimum of 3 weapons, 2 of which are daggers, if you wish to do both m+ and raiding without risk of being removed from the raid due to low dps.

It’s very good for questing solo…

When Nazjatar opened, I heard a lot of people struggled until they got flying… Because the mob density was high and if you didn’t come into Nazjatar with a very high ilvl you could die quickly if you weren’t careful…

I never had that problem as a rogue, because the best part of a rogue is that you can always pick your battles…

You won’t be able to solo huge packs of mobs very easily though, unless you got a high ilvl for the area you’re in…
But for the most part, think smart, and you can do a lot on your own.

BUT… You will never be the best at soloing huge, powerful elites, especially if they are immune to stuns/slows/etc…
It can be done in some cases, but it will be difficult.

3 Likes

For Naja questing/farming/ganking: do NOT use vim as he is useless. I just got my aqua force achievement and leveling vim has been a nightmare.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.