How are warriors supposed to compete in pvp?

Arms = Viable

Get some decent gear , stack versa and you should reck everything in 2v2 as arms

Agree just switched to arms main for pvp and pve and preferring it over fury currently after maining fury for all of bfa and Legion to date

As far as I was always told, warriors are good in pvp with a healer but generally fall apart without one

Reroll to DH.

1 Like

They don’t, ez.

Arms definitely suffers from this problem, without defensive stance they would be completely and utterly not viable.
That is a design issue

Prefer the way arms plays but its without a doubt sub par.

1 Like

I would like that blizzard is going a juggernaut style with the arms, less mobility but also hard to cc. Arms should be a half tank, nearly zero selfheal but therefore a lot of dmg reduction.

1 Like

This is not Arms Warrior.
Realize that your spec is not what it used to be and that’s it.
Blizz pruned so many abilities … they are the ones to blame.
Again - the fact that the spec’s name is called Arms doesn’t mean that this is the spec that you used to play back when you wanted it to.
Reroll.

Arms>Fury in competative pvp, period.

People saying fury is remotely good, are deluded.

Overall, arms is simply better. Same or more damage, more utility and the ability to do damage when they’re not at their target. (Rend and mastery).

The only matchup in which fury might be better, is whenever you fight a frost mage, that’s about it, really.

also: in a dampening meta, fury is extremely week, seeing as their passive healing gets reduced alongside their only defensive cooldown. Give fury defensive stance and they might be able to compete with arms in arenas.

Bg’s, fury is the go-to for sure, same for world pvp, but saying that fury is better than arms in arenas simply proves that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Which is the complete opposite of what the spec is supposed to be.

Arms is supposed to be a mobility spec with heavy hitting, but precise blows. Basically the complete opposite of what it is now aswell.

Atm arms is actually what you just described, except for the fact that we rely on bleeds for damage. We have certain abilities that can get us out of CC and prevent CC from being applied, only problem is, we’re so easily kited by quite a few classes.

Right that is why even the possibility of kiting should be less. So the play style with bleeds could work.

I also would like to see a more Mortal Strike/Slam based play style instead of the bleed. I don’t know how warrior was before BfA. But right now i feel arms could be better in all situations than Fury.

But the lack of selfhealing in an addon where nearly every melee has it, is a fail from the class design team. They came up with nothing for warrior. Even the bleed hits not hard enough.

Arms was never fully bleed oriented, at least not until BFA.

Arms was always MS/Slam oriented with colossus smash introduction in cata giving us a new method of bursting opponents.

Arms was never a spec that had a ton of self-healing. The only point at which warriors really had self healing, was during the era of the first introduction of second wind.

We always relied on having healers on our team regardless of which pvp scenario we’re talking about. That being said, previous versions of arms always had some sort of low self-heal such as enraged regeneration. We also had certain defensive CD’s, such as shield wall, shield block, disarm baseline, spell reflection baseline, etc.

Warrior was never a strong class for 1v1 skirmishes and duels, but put us with a healer and we’ll be just as strong if not stronger than most other melee classes. This is obviously not the case atm, seeing as warrior is probably Low A-tier/B-tier in competative pvp. Most other melee classes outshine us, with an obvious exception of enha shaman and feral druid in 3’s.

Furthermore, immunities such as bubble and BOP wasn’t an instant win against arms and warriors in general, seeing as we had access to shattering throw aswell.

Personally I find Legion arms to be good. Execute hitted so hard that if you got in range of it, the game was basically over. 1M Executes against 4.5M health pools feels good.
Even better, if your target somehow survived your Executes through major defensives, you could quickly drop them right back into exe range with a buffed Mortal Strike. One memorable occasion I had was when I hit a 2.2M MS on a warlock, or roughly 50% of a player’s HP.

The spec still played with DW and Rend, but mastery didn’t affect DW but instead directly buffed all damage you did with abilities.
Plus it still had a little bit of self healing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.