How Blizzard managed to ruin World PVP

Yes if you are ilvl 480 and you are facing a ilvl 200 guy you SHOULD basically one shot him, and thats how it was before. If you dont like it you can turn warmode off.

That is part of gearing up and becoming stronger. Not only higher number in dps meters.

3 Likes

If you lose to a 200k guy as a 480 it’s not because of the gear.

I guess the same could be said to you.

1 Like

press reaping flame.

This is what’s wrong with PvP and “world pvp” you don’t want skill you want to smash/gank low level/gear ppl.

Gear should be a small part of PvP not the deciding factor…

7 Likes

I’m confused a bit here.

When they make gear scaling a thing, you complain about how gear doesn’t matter.

If they don’t do it, you’ll complain how no one has a chance to defend if they’re outgeared and how those who pve more are dominant even if they have less skill.

So what exactly should be done about this? You want gear to matter or not to matter?

As for mana/healing/sustain/mobility of all classes, Welcome to world of warcraft post classic. Most classes do most things nowadays. It’s nothing new.

This is now a part of this game, as much as raiding. Don’t expect a massive ban hammer to arrive and nerf or remove every ability of every class. You don’t like it? Then it’s unfortunate, because it will not change.

Net-o matic has a delay, to prevent people from camping certain high trafficing spots and hunt down any poor guy who flies through. Specially if they’re classes like DK that can do nothing to prevent falling to their deaths.

As for world pvp, it is ruined because the game has to calculate 50 billion different numbers per character per spell and when 20 people gather in a zone, the server can’t handle it. That’s thanks to blizzard’s obsession with introducing more and more confusing and RNG systems on top of other systems on top of another system on top of the main system.

Remove it for everything, in my opinion.
Tired of everything, related to scaling.
Unnecessary calculations on the computer just to make people lose more time both for PVP and PVE.

Best feature ever invented to make gaming companies nullify gear progression.

Fair enough.
Just ground everyone while in War mode.

Agree.
Why introducing this feature in the first place ?
Nullified the entire purpose of eating and drinking.
Also every dungeon/raid has to be more punishing.

That’s their philosophy.

All your damage revolves around that burst period.
CD manager game.

Another useless feature.
If I wanted to play in a busy server I would had leveled in Draenor.

You have to love the fact, people that are not from your servers come and kill your rares or pick your farming nodes. :unamused:

I don’t do world PVP but I agree if this features would be removed from game.
Reason: introducing quality of life changes for the sake of nullifying them by raising difficulty, because healers have more mana and classes can heal in boss encounter’s makes no sense to me.

Not to mention people saying:
“This game is too easy.”
I wonder why …

Cheers.

4 Likes

the only thing that ruined WPvP for all WPvP guild who used to do massive wars in the open world is sharding. If there are too many people in the zone - half of them will phase on other shard. We used to do ~100v100 battles in Stormshield and Warspear during WoD but since Legion sharding became impossible to handle. Our 40v40 fight in Orgrimmar was ruined because both of the raid(ours and Alliance raid) got halved by it.
Because of that most of my friends moved on classic and WPvP(I stayed on retail because I didn’t like classic itself tho :frowning_face:)

think you should see a doctor, that’s the worst case of altupvoteitis i have ever seen :grimacing:

World PvP is terrible, it always has been, and it will continue to be.

People want it not to matter in rated/instanced PvP since it is a much more esport-like experience where everyone should have somewhat equal chances, while it should probably matter in world PvP since it is nothing of the sort and is not much more than harmless fun, where we get to mess around with OP stuff.

3 Likes

The players ruined world pvp

Your points make sense.

However, this isn’t what i’ve been noticing on the forums. People constantly complain about why they deal 200k dps, but it’s 1/10 when they’re doing it in pvp. Why a mage with less hp than their damage can survive, etc. And they’re not talking about world pvp either. Actual arena issue.

So this isn’t a united agreement. People want different things and it’s confusing. At this point, I don’t know what’s even a good solution tbh.

The problem with your scenario is that people run on here whining about being ganked or servers that are not balanced with the factions, etc the usual complaints so Blizzard tried to fix it to accomodate everyone. The result is a bigger mess than before.

Actually world pvp or another pvp contents are not bad.

The bad thing is, “one-button = full health” or “one button = absolute protection” skills of most classes. Skills and talent system also so bad. We can’t customize our characters what we want to…

For example; a decent feral or rogue when did their combos well, also nearly killed the enemy, hoooop one button then full hp, full-protected shields etc…

This is killing the pvp content.

In short, especially for open world pvp, some classes (like rogues, ferals) should have advantages in terms of damage and ambushing; some classes (tanks some plate geared dps specs) should have some advantages in terms of being tanky. Also other classes like mages, locks etc should have advantages in terms of utility skills.

It’s like all classes share same skill sets now… This is the worst thing about pvp. 90 percent of classes have same type interrupts, stuns, silences…

MOP was the peak of class design. Also Legion was good. And old talent system before the MOP was sooo much better than the new one. I missed those days.

I hope one day they can combine MOP-Legion class design and old talent system…

2 Likes

Removing flying would just kill warmode.

Because they play the easiest of the content available, of course people that do nothing but world content and heroic dungeons think the game is easy.

Make netomatic instant. Sharding and scaling must deleted. Rest is fine.

1 Like

Not instant but reducing the cast time by one second. It really is too slow to catch someone mid-air.

Why not instant? It’s world pvp not world pvp if you can’t fly

With instant every invisible rogue can simply get you out of anywhere and you would have no chance to react to it besides your recovery skill (if your class has one) when you drop mid-air.

2 Likes

Or abused by druids in flight form… I guess yes. Okay.

1 Like