How Blizzard managed to ruin World PVP

World PvP is terrible, it always has been, and it will continue to be.

People want it not to matter in rated/instanced PvP since it is a much more esport-like experience where everyone should have somewhat equal chances, while it should probably matter in world PvP since it is nothing of the sort and is not much more than harmless fun, where we get to mess around with OP stuff.

3 Likes

The players ruined world pvp

Your points make sense.

However, this isn’t what i’ve been noticing on the forums. People constantly complain about why they deal 200k dps, but it’s 1/10 when they’re doing it in pvp. Why a mage with less hp than their damage can survive, etc. And they’re not talking about world pvp either. Actual arena issue.

So this isn’t a united agreement. People want different things and it’s confusing. At this point, I don’t know what’s even a good solution tbh.

The problem with your scenario is that people run on here whining about being ganked or servers that are not balanced with the factions, etc the usual complaints so Blizzard tried to fix it to accomodate everyone. The result is a bigger mess than before.

Actually world pvp or another pvp contents are not bad.

The bad thing is, “one-button = full health” or “one button = absolute protection” skills of most classes. Skills and talent system also so bad. We can’t customize our characters what we want to…

For example; a decent feral or rogue when did their combos well, also nearly killed the enemy, hoooop one button then full hp, full-protected shields etc…

This is killing the pvp content.

In short, especially for open world pvp, some classes (like rogues, ferals) should have advantages in terms of damage and ambushing; some classes (tanks some plate geared dps specs) should have some advantages in terms of being tanky. Also other classes like mages, locks etc should have advantages in terms of utility skills.

It’s like all classes share same skill sets now… This is the worst thing about pvp. 90 percent of classes have same type interrupts, stuns, silences…

MOP was the peak of class design. Also Legion was good. And old talent system before the MOP was sooo much better than the new one. I missed those days.

I hope one day they can combine MOP-Legion class design and old talent system…

2 Likes

Removing flying would just kill warmode.

Because they play the easiest of the content available, of course people that do nothing but world content and heroic dungeons think the game is easy.

Make netomatic instant. Sharding and scaling must deleted. Rest is fine.

1 Like

Not instant but reducing the cast time by one second. It really is too slow to catch someone mid-air.

Why not instant? It’s world pvp not world pvp if you can’t fly

With instant every invisible rogue can simply get you out of anywhere and you would have no chance to react to it besides your recovery skill (if your class has one) when you drop mid-air.

2 Likes

Or abused by druids in flight form… I guess yes. Okay.

1 Like

Blizzard don’t use tactics, that’s what players do, Blizzard makes the systems involved and players will then use whatever mechanisms are at their disposal to try and win/avoid death, ie, tactics.

IMO World PvP died when they introduced phasing.

KInda hard as a horde raid group to do battle with Alliance in Ashenvale when half your raid and most of the Alliance are in a different phase.

1 Like

It was better, just roll big ally server and u could gank all day, 0 problems ever
now there is no allys anywhere, and when it is its noone that u have faced before except it u wpvp in classic zones that isnt layered.
revert to pvp servers asap.

3 Likes

The only thing that I agree with is the Scaling part. And, like mentioned previously, it’s not just World PvP but also Arenas. Which is absolutely abysmal game design.

I fully believe that if you spent dozens of hours (maybe even hundreds if hours) grinding and farming your BiS gear, you SHOULD be killing and even one-shotting greenies. The simple fact that a fresh 120 is allowed to compete against a max geared 120 completley negates the entire premise of gearing. Its idiotic design. Utterly brainless.

2 Likes

I’m having an amazing time creating WPVP by attacking low level zones and having people swap to their mains to come fight and defend their towns. Sounds like a you problem imo

4 Likes

He gets it.

3 Likes

Scaling - is good thing imo - if you fully decked 480 with sockets , BIS stats and corruption you have massive, MASSIVE advantage against 200k health freshly dinged 120, or even mid tier 450 players.

If you lose to those players it meas that you was either outplayed by a long mile or your opponent used unconventional strategies like taking high ground as ranged and attack melee that can’t reach them and retaliate or used world buffs which is also part of WPvP.

This is one of the top reasons why pvp sucks in general, not just world pvp. My mortal strikes hitting 15-20k on average on a 5 second cooldown, target has 600k hp. Amazing.

If a fully geared destro warlock was just standing afk it would take you more than 30 seconds to kill him without cooldowns… what a wonderful game. Then when you add healers into the mix no1 can ever die outside of burst cooldowns and pve trinket 1 shots.

1 Like

This one not always working, especially in warmode. They did this in the past, but now there are some hidden cd.