How Blizzard managed to ruin World PVP

Why not instant? It’s world pvp not world pvp if you can’t fly

With instant every invisible rogue can simply get you out of anywhere and you would have no chance to react to it besides your recovery skill (if your class has one) when you drop mid-air.

2 Likes

Or abused by druids in flight form… I guess yes. Okay.

1 Like

Blizzard don’t use tactics, that’s what players do, Blizzard makes the systems involved and players will then use whatever mechanisms are at their disposal to try and win/avoid death, ie, tactics.

IMO World PvP died when they introduced phasing.

KInda hard as a horde raid group to do battle with Alliance in Ashenvale when half your raid and most of the Alliance are in a different phase.

1 Like

It was better, just roll big ally server and u could gank all day, 0 problems ever
now there is no allys anywhere, and when it is its noone that u have faced before except it u wpvp in classic zones that isnt layered.
revert to pvp servers asap.

3 Likes

The only thing that I agree with is the Scaling part. And, like mentioned previously, it’s not just World PvP but also Arenas. Which is absolutely abysmal game design.

I fully believe that if you spent dozens of hours (maybe even hundreds if hours) grinding and farming your BiS gear, you SHOULD be killing and even one-shotting greenies. The simple fact that a fresh 120 is allowed to compete against a max geared 120 completley negates the entire premise of gearing. Its idiotic design. Utterly brainless.

2 Likes

I’m having an amazing time creating WPVP by attacking low level zones and having people swap to their mains to come fight and defend their towns. Sounds like a you problem imo

4 Likes

He gets it.

3 Likes

Scaling - is good thing imo - if you fully decked 480 with sockets , BIS stats and corruption you have massive, MASSIVE advantage against 200k health freshly dinged 120, or even mid tier 450 players.

If you lose to those players it meas that you was either outplayed by a long mile or your opponent used unconventional strategies like taking high ground as ranged and attack melee that can’t reach them and retaliate or used world buffs which is also part of WPvP.

This is one of the top reasons why pvp sucks in general, not just world pvp. My mortal strikes hitting 15-20k on average on a 5 second cooldown, target has 600k hp. Amazing.

If a fully geared destro warlock was just standing afk it would take you more than 30 seconds to kill him without cooldowns… what a wonderful game. Then when you add healers into the mix no1 can ever die outside of burst cooldowns and pve trinket 1 shots.

1 Like

This one not always working, especially in warmode. They did this in the past, but now there are some hidden cd.

That’s kinda true, but you shouldnt be killed by someone with 50 ilvls less.
It never happened to me and I like a challenge more than someone that is low geared.
I rather pick a fight when someone has better gear than me.
Is a lot more fun iff you win that.

I don’t think the “turn warmode off” argument is really valid in this topic, people who turn it on and complain when they die should be the ones told to turn it off.

1 Like

Just going to ask here. Why are you so dead set to “force” people into PvP? Even in the “old days” people tried and could even succeed in escaping fights they can’t win. Whats with this “suicidal mindset”? :smiley:
BEFORE you get me wrong. I am not arguing about doing pvp in a pvp setting. But say: i see 4-7 hordes on the quest spot…so I have the natural tendency to go the other way…quickly now. Than to rush in and get slaughtered instantly…and to achieve what? (besides giving the horde a free kill) :smiley:

That is a pvp setting when wm on.

Correct…and by the OP’s logic. I should engage them even with the chance of victory being zero…because its “pvp”?

Imo you should engage them if/when you think it would be fun. I do personally enjoy a suicide mish hehe.

I’d add “insane power creep in endgame” since about Legion. Freshly leveled character should not have 1/10 of someone else’s HP and fresh char should not be dealing 1/10 of someone else’s DPS/HPS/whatever. I do get that greenies SHOULD be 2-3shotted by someone geared, but they should also be able to FIGHT BACK. Being instantly deleted by TD because the other guy is in tank spec and thus has 5x your HP is F DUMB. Scaling was SUPPOSED to help with this, but all it really did was turning the scales in favor of people with flat % HP damage abilities, like Fire Mages with GPyro, or crazy hard hitters like Destruction Warlocks with their Chaos Bolt. I’m not even going to start talking about stacking Versatility corruptions, it’s literal cancer.

About this “low dps outside CDs”, it’s general “0 dps builder that is ALSO on CD or long cast & decent dps spender” problem that began when Diablo 3 devs started working on WoW. Theirs is the one sin far graver than betrayal: FAILURE.

Scaling sucks. B defending works with skill when classes wouldnt have insane self-heal. Currently you have classes like Havoc DH who get a bit low in 1v1 and they just eye-beam some random creeps and they are full health again, it is so stupid.

If you are fully decked 480 with sockets sitting at 600k hp as a dps, you should pretty much two shot any freshly dinged. In vanilla you can literally one shot with ambush freshly dinged 60s.

With current scaling you get very insane stuff.

You can have ilvl 460 blood dk who cant kill a ilvl 300 disc priest with 140k health, because his twilight devastation 18% that normally hits 180k, hits this disc priest for 10k.

The scaling is just insane.

It is literally easier to kill some guy at ilvl 450 than some guy at ilvl 350 i feel like.

Feel like the whole reason they though it was a “good” idea to get scaling was because they gave every class self-heal, then freshly dinged chars were upset back in Legion when enemy health bar simply doesnt move (mind you the insanely stupid health absorb necklaces, no wonder health doesnt drop).

Then blizz did some data-analysis and concluded its best to give very big gaps in item levels to keep people playing and grinding.

Then blizz realized some fire mage absorb shield that reflects damage simply kills freshly chars so “i guess we have to scale this shjt”

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.