How can my level 28 char have flying?

I noticed that slow riding is now learnable at level 10. I also have various level 20s that have fast riding and say in the spellbook that for slow flying they need to reach level 30.

And yet I find myself having a level 28 character that has expert riding - slow flying.

Is this somehow related to the changes in this level tiering, the scaling, and some legacy preservation or such?

The old level 60s turned into level 25 after the squish. And if you had bought flying before the squish you don’t lose it.

1 Like

Ah, now I vaguely remember. The squish would proportionally affect all chars. Did level 20s become level 10 by any chance? I remember that this effectively doubled the progress level of f2p-enabled chars.
Then I guess my level 28 (or 27 until lately) char was actually further beyond level 20 than I remembered.
Is there a formula of how this happened? I’d like to calculate and see whether the number I get as a result triggers my memory. I always assumed that said char was only slightly beyond the f2p threshold of 20.
It would have to be complex or based on XP or such, because that char was surely not double the level it is now. Maybe 38 or so? Not sure.

20 became 10
40 became 20
60 became 25
70 became 27
80 became 30
90 became 35
100 became 40
110 became 45
120 became 50

Between each of those it’s more or less linear.

Then that cannot be what happened, because there’s no way that character used to be above 60/120 before the squish. (I created it during BfA.)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.