How can Tarren Mill be a connected realm and have such few Alliance players?

This doesn’t make sense in any way, shape or form. Blizz, you’ve connected realms and the ratio is still 1/0.01. That’s absolutely ridiculous. How do you not consider this an issue?

The top Alliance guild have cleared 9/12… Normal. I can any time of the day, any day of the week, put together a pug that easily oneshots entire Nya’lotha Normal.

So what does Alliance players on Tarren mill/Dentarg do to do some competetive raiding when there’s a total of 211 (according to wowprogress) unique lvl 120’s? For reference, there’s over 17k unique lvl 120 Horde players.

I don’t want to pay 12 x whatever the ridiculous amount you charge for a server transfer, nor 12 x whatever ridiculous amount you take for a faction change. Could you please even the ratio out? Just a bit? Or at least offer free transfers for alliance characters so that this server finally becomes 100% horde, as it’s intended to be.

1 Like

I stopped playing wow because my characters are alliance on tarren mill. Not a single raiding guild.

4 Likes

I created a ticket regarding this issue. Obviously it was disregarded with the usual “if you have a complaint, do it on the forums”.

There are so many servers that have the very same issue. It’s not justifyable to have to pay for an MMO subscription without players to play with.

Meanwhile, every horde and alliance city is full of people to give you that feeling of the server not being empty. You can see, quest, and interact with these players but you can’t do Mythic raiding with them… wat? I can’t understand why you would connect Tarren Mill with another horde heavy server. Explanation, please?

I’m obviously not willing to pay €350 (€300 for my toons, €50 for the guild) to solve an issue that shouldn’t be an issue in the first place. At least give me the option to faction change for free from the empty faction I’m in. This OR server change should be a free option for all servers with empty factions.

But I guess this, as many other posts like this, will go unread and ignored. Getting money you don’t deserve is so much more important. This is one of the reasons why you’re bleeding players.

1 Like

They are holding our characters hostage. They are greedy with characters transfers and we suffer for it.

Very much so. Refusing to give me a proper answer via the ticket system (referring me here) and not responding at all on forums. Blizzard, you’re really showing your true colours here. This is absolute BS.

I can’t imagine how frustrating that must be.

I hate the fact that some realms aren’t balanced in terms of Alliance/Horde. I think Blizzard should be actively encouraging players to balance themselves between the two factions by free faction transfers or server transfers to realms that are short of the players faction.

I put together a spreadsheet using data from wowprogress to highlight the huge discrepancies in population. I wish I could share the link but the forum won’t bloody let me!

docs.google .com/spreadsheets/d/1aZik3kvGdRCGMDD5B9400vkbmzol65olvrObmyi_Gos/edit?usp=sharing

It seems Magtheridon and Chamber of Aspects are the last remaining non-connected realms that have a relatively balanced faction ratio.

1 Like

Just checked that doc. That’s really horrible. Most servers are very unbalanced and nobody at blizz seems to think that this is an issue. But it very much is.

What’s the bloody point of connecting realms and keeping them as unbalanced as they were in the first place?
What’s the point of having a support that can’t help me with this issue?
What’s the point of having forums and then not read it, even after telling me to post here?
What’s the point of paying for an MMO subscription when you can’t find any guildies or guilds?

This is literally taking a piss on the customer base. It’s infuriating.

I just don’t see why it’s blizz fault you made a char on an alliance dead realm, You should’ve informed yourself better when choosing a realm to play in.

1 Like

There’s always one of you in each forum post like this. The issue with your argument is that there’s NO way of getting this info directly from blizzard. You don’t see that when you create a new character.

Furthermore, it wasn’t always this bad. It’s not like I created my characters last month. In addition to that, they connected Tarren Mill with Dentarg. Another very horde heavy realm.

What I’m saying is, it doesnt make sense. What I’m asking for is that they find a way to even it out by connecting it with an alliance heavy realm. Or open for free transfers TO Alliance Tarren Mill. I’m asking for them to find a way of doing something about the problem.

You “don’t see why it’s blizz fault”? Then you must be blind.

You are technically right, but imagine you’re new player and just pick a realm with a high population. you could say “should’ve informed yourself better about realm populations” but who does that when they play a game for the first time? blizzard could just add a visual population balance bar somewhere and issues like that wouldn’t exist in the future.

3 Likes

I stopped playing wow at the end of Cataclym. The alliance faction was fine and there were raiding guilds.

When i came back to play in BFA I saw the server was “Full” status, however the alliance side which i did not realise was dead. All my characters are now being held hostage on this realm. I ended my subscription 1 month after BFA released because of this.

3 Likes

Holding hostage is really the best way to describe this. It’s been 1½ months since i made this post. I very much doubt we’ll get any proper answer. Or more importantly, solution.

I can’t understand how Blizz expect players to pay for a MMO subscription while having dead servers / factions bound to Character transfer fees. The players on empty servers / factions should be able to migrate for free. What I fail to understand, is why players aren’t making a bigger fuss out of this. It’s a real problem that needs to be dealt with.

Same here. My main server is Stormscale EU, Horde but I really wanted to level some Alliances. I have 3 characters above level 85 and don’t want to restart in new server but at the same time don’t wanna go into empty server… Do something about it please. Maybe free char transfer ?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s going to keep being a problem for the ppl that are hostaged on their servers. And Blizz will keep ignoring our call, waiting to get paid for something that essentially is their own created problem. This is fricked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.