How can Wow be better?

Wow is supposed to be a MMORPG but its lacking in both these features and Wow needs to become better after the release of classic.

So It got me thinking, what could Wow reintroduce to get the game feeling like it’s old self again? Bear in mind this is my own opinion so if you disagree please do share why and what you think could make the game better.

1. Remove CRZ and connect more realms to feel connected to your own realm again.
  2. Remove LFD/LFR. Azeroth is a WORLD not a place to portal around, start travelling to places again.
  3. Remove portals in cities. Why cant we use ships again?
  4. Bring back class trainers and buying your abilities
  5. Remove warmode and bring back the old PVP system and the realms.
  6. Remove pathfinder for flying, bring back buying it for gold.
  7. Revamp the talent trees, have one for leveling and an endgame one for constantly developing your character.
  8. Bring back elite and group quests
  9. Bring back class identity, classes should be unique not feel the same.
2 Likes

I hate to be that cliche but it really sounds like you want to play Classic.

I don’t want to spend forever spamming a channel and forming groups to go to a dungeon. As much as I am enjoying Classic and that is part and parcel of the game, I don’t want to do that in Retail. I appreciate that I can instantly group with others, find people from anywhere. Doing a dungeon takes a hell of a long time.

You have to start spamming endlessly in LFG channel and hope that eventually enough people reply to you to form a group. Then all these people have to travel to that dungeon, sometimes wait nearby to negotiate all the mobs that are between you and the entrance. It’s very slow and while that belongs in Classic it has no place in Retail.

Thanks to CRZ we can find enough people to do activities and group up to do them. Raids, Dungeons, Quests etc anything and everything can be done because the group finder will match you with anyone else from a multitude of realms.

There are plenty of things I can find to criticise that I don’t enjoy in the current game. Going back to an older era is not on the list.

I don’t understand people in Classic wanting Retail features and people in Retail wanting Classic features. Go and play the other game. They are both on the same sub.

3 Likes

CRZ? You mean Sharding?

Sharding in its current form isnt working, Balance servers and only ‘’ shard’’ with friends

LFD and LFR are working as intended, dont change it.
For World and travel you have Mythic+ and Normal, heroic, Mythic Dungeons

RDF and LFR are fine dont change them.

Dunno, I guess so, maby? i dunno I wouldnt mind, but i would use a mage for 1 G anyway so… yeah nah

Yes, BUT, only if its relevant, buying Spell rank 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 is bullExcrement

No, Balance servers and make Warmode optional.
Warmode is awsome its just not working the way it should because of sharding

No

Yes, but dont make your leveling tree obsolete at max lvl. 120 levels is bulldroppings

Yes and yes
World needs to be more active and Dangerous

1 Like

Agreed

No. Let people enjoy what they enjoy.

No. Because portals are just faster. Why do we need to play walking simulator? Besides, ships/zeppelins do not provide any “adventure”. You can’t meet anything during this “trip” as it is just an another way to put a loading screen.

No use of this as well. I can accept it makes the game feel more immersive, since you learn from your teachers from being a rookie, but I cant’s see why you need the abilites progression to be another chore which this game has at its most. Learning some “advanced” abilities by doing some quests tho is a good way to put it for me, not buying.

No point. Warmode is fine.

Agreed. But you’re being conroversial at your own terms. Flying is not adding up with your “remove portals” and “remove LFR” points regarding travelling.

Might be a good idea on paper, but the mess IRL.

They are still there. Check out Naz

Classic request.

70% of that could be integrated with retail but the howls of misery would be epic.

1. remove crz = agree
    2)remove lfr/lfd = even though personally I’m not a fan of either, disagree
    3)remove portals in cities = disagree
  2. class trainers=no but I love spell ranks
    5)remove warmode=agree,
    6)remove pathfinder= big agree
    7)revamp talent trees= a big yes
    8)=yes
    9)= a big yes
1 Like

Undo the diablofication of the game. Remove mythic plus. Redo the talents.

2 Likes

Rerelease every version of WoW so far and fuse best things about them and push out new expansions. World population is not dropping and more people are drawn into gaming. Just expand WoW in all directions. Forget Overcrap and 2 button Diablo joker games.

1. Sure why not.
  2. No thanks, I quite like LFD and LFR and after playing classic again for a while now I find having to find groups manually quite tedious. Especially with the current “spellcleave” nonsense going on.
  3. Wouldn’t mind less portalling. I find it quite annoying having so many aswel.
  4. Sure, why not.
  5. Nah, warmode is good. Remove the %bonus though.
  6. Agreed
  7. Wouldn’t mind seeing it revamped. But I don’t want them seperated from eachother (leveling and endgame that is).
  8. Group quests are still there, plenty of WQs require grouping until we outgear it. But there is some work to be done on that front I agree.
  9. Agreed. But the only way to have true identity back is if Blizzard stops trying to balance every spec just accepts that it’s perfectly okay if one class/spec excells at one thing and another at something else.

Create armor shard system where we can build gear from point 1 and forge whatever we want in our gear. Want armor? Grind or craft armor shards. Need gem slots? Use Blacksmith item for it. Need spell damage? Add spell shards. No rng just farming and succession in PvE, PvP Crafting etc. for extra shards.

But alas. “People would be too confused what to do and how.”

You have to, unless you only play baseline easy content that doesn’t require any input.

Because i want to play WoW not Truck simulator.

I guess? I don’t care really.

I’d prefer having a choice.

No thanks, at least not at the outrageous price it used to be at.

Constantly developing like what? Getting to choose between 1% crit, haste and mastery? I guess that’d be fine but it’s not very “developy”

Sure idc

If classes feel the same to you, you’ve only played them at an incredibly low level.
I’d rather have balance.

You might want to re-adjust your thread’s title and simply name it “How to make retail as close to classic as possible”. I have nothing against classic but I agree with the “different and seperate” philosophy. Classic should stay classic and retail is retail. I personaly dont support making retail as classic 2.0 same as I am against “retailizing” classic.

If classic WoW ideas and values are closer to your heart then you are more than welcome to play the appropriate version. You have that choice now.

One thing they should avoid is bugs that allow for exploitation! Always seems difficult to achieve for MMOs though:(

Edit: I didnt actually read your post because it’s another comparison thread(I don’t play retail but thats the point, I dont play it so cant comment)

What I do know is you can’t just undo that cross realm stuff, maybe they could merge it together but that’s basically the same thing as it is now right?

1. I don’t really care about feeling connected to my realm, but merging more servers would result in the same thing as crz so i wouldn’t mind it either.
  2. Those are one of the most used features in the game that was added when the game was completely fine which means that they didn’t caused the sub decrease. Those are also only a little part of the game, you can still travel to normal/heroic/mythic raids and mythic/mythic+ dungeons. It’s not like you can do literally everything by queing up.
  3. Fun fact: You can, if you want to, go for it. You can go from Boralus to Stormwind with a ship and vica versa. On the other hand, i don’t want to, because clicking a portal is obviously faster than waiting for the ship to arrive.
  4. Irrelevant at this point. Running back every 2 level when leveling is this fast (understandably so, leveling 120 levels with vanilla leveling speed would result in 1 year of leveling for most people and no one wants that in retail) would just be incredibly annoying.
  5. Absolutely not. War mode was one of the best systems added in the game, giving a chance to turn it off for those who were stuck in pvp realms with the current garbage pvp balance.
  6. Agree on this one. I still don’t have my second pathfinder and i never see myself getting it because i hate mechagon.
  7. I don’t really care about leveling talent tree at this point but the current one should improve, because level 100 being the last level where we get a new talent is ridiculous.
  8. … They are there.
  9. Imo they should add back things like seals for paladins, stances for warriors and stuff like that to other classes, but i still don’t feel like that the classes are as similar as some people claim. At least i feel the difference when i play my warrior/paladin/rogue. The toolkit of specs/classes are not the same even if they added a combo point system to ret paladins and named it holy power.

For me (This is my personal opinion so please don’t roast me)

The core in what would make wow better, would be class fantasy.

• I’d like Class quests inspired by the ones we had in Vanilla/TBC etc. Something not too easy, but soloable of cause.

• If not that, I’d like an Orderhall inspired version. I’d take this over any island expedition or warfront anytime.

• Something like Magetower again. I wouldn’t even mind doing this for a unique and good looking armor transmog (since they wont give us unique sets anymore)

• I’d like Wrath inspired talent tree, or at the very least, that they would make all talent choices on par, so you have more of a free choice rather than the illusion of it.

• GLYPHS!!!

• Proffessions that matter, Like… that you can actually use at least a piece or 2 for the current patch, farm for more recipies at each patch for something usable.

• I’d like PvP vendors back, or at least templates again, and disabled essences, in Random BG and skirmish arena.

• I’s like for Mythic dungeon -not- to be mandatory for pretty much ANY aspect of the game.

• I’d like to see attention made to Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor, at the VERY least, each expansion. Questing through there today, is bits and pieces of all expansion rustled together in a huge mess.
    Or at the very least, clean it up, make the zones fit together quest-wise, and fix all that Deathwing broke years ago.
    You could have things being phased in future expansions, just like Darkshore and Arathi Highlands, if there needs to be a change.

• More Farmable mounts (and not in 50 shades please) from raids, also when they are no longer relevant (It doesn’t matter if it has the same droprate as Invincible), instead of focusing so much on storemount looks.

• It would be nice if the gear from the raids at least would be more good looking in the future :laughing:

• More focus into the story. Again, use Legion as an example!

• STOP killing Horde Warchif’s!! How about having some Drama on the Allyside for once? Have…Dwarves overthrow the humans, or… worgens… just SOMETHING! Watching a warchief die every expansion is getting old… besides? do you soon have any more Horde heroes to put on the throne?

• Now that we are at the Alliance, and also talking about 50 shades before: We have regular human, smaller human, tiny human, and huge human, long eared human-like… and Human with fur, 2 types of Draenei and a Bloodelf runaway.

• We need more interesting races!!

• I’d like to see that racials go away, or become a quality of life thing only. Better yet, I’d like to see Alliance getting some Awesome racials again - at least at one race, to make some horde players come back, so we can even out abit on the raiding/m+ scene again.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY!
I’d Like to see that Blizzard stop playing the yoyo-theme. What is this with having every second expansion flopping so bad? It has been a thing since Cata. It’s unfun that you as a regular customer have to expect that every 2 years is bad, before you get 2 great ones :stuck_out_tongue: It’s just silly, so stop it.

Well main issue with the current Xrealm tech (sharding) is that you can swap between shards far more often than layers in classic. Just leaving a zone or even a part of a zone may be enought to change shard and be phased away from the people you were playing with (without being in the same party tho)

Many systems are working with sharding tho and even the basic gameplay depends on it (sharding heavely reduce the load on the servers, kinda like how the layers cap at launch was lower than it is now, and if we experience lags with 80 players on the map despite having sharding helping in the background it’ll be a sh’tshow without).

Unless they rework the whole thing it won’t be easy to get rid of it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.