How do people manage to have multiple alts

If serious about pushing?

This is my main,and i am absolutelly getting destroyed by vault,4 weeks in a row.

I am yet to get item i can actually use.

Every item i got was drop from dungeons and then upgraded via valor points.

I still need few bis items.

I spammed DOS bunch of times hoping for that ring,i literally saw everyone getting it but me.

I recently decided to try shaman a bit,tried getting tier first(at least 2 pieces) cant get 2 items to save my life.

I just cant imagine farming one dungeon over 30 times for one item,getting destroyed by vault for a month therefore forced to farm valor to upgrade all of my items.

How and where do people find motivation to play this POS of a game with such a timewasting rng?

It sounds really unlucky to me getting 12 items and can’t use any of them.

1 Like

I’ve struggled to find an alt to play this whole expansion. My main alt was a shadow priest, but I just don’t like the playstyle anymore. I’ve levelled more characters to max this expansion than I ever have. 2 priests, a hunter, a mage, a shaman and another that I can’t remember.
It was only at the end of last reset I decided to try healing for the first time on my shaman and now I’m hooked and love it, it’s like playing a different game. Since the end of last reset, I’ve gone from 223 to 268 with mostly BIS items and the 4 piece, I only need trinkets and have the BIS weapon and shield in my bag awaiting upgrade. I did get boosted by some friends in a 15 at the end of last week, but that was pointless, both vaults have been crap and I’ve ended up taking the tokens instead.

[https://raider.io/characters/eu/aggramar/Charun]

That was having time off work to grind like hell for the items, though. You can see how many dungeons I’ve done in such a short amount of time.

I cant imagine spamming a dungeon for a ring. Youre 2200, kinda so what? Is a better ring going to make you pwn that much harder?

Just do stuff and the gear arrives. It sounds like you spend too much time thinking “bis”. Dont.

3 Likes

This. I got a hunter alt farming some basic items i need and just played keys after that. I still need bis items, but my hunt is alone from playing about 3150 rio and 274 gs so do both. Play the game gain rio and gear

Because of crappy stats

How do people manage to have multiple alts?
Answer is they have a lot more free time then you :smiley:

I guess you need to be less picky. Especially when it is an alt.

I just use alts to benefit my main, gearing alts is pointless.

I have a lot of alts - main at 3.1k, one alt at 3k, another at 2.7k, another 4 ranging from ~500 to 2k. All have double leggo and all but one have 4-piece.

I do play a lot, but I also do M+ almost exclusively because it’s what I enjoy. I did over 1000 runs last season, and will probably do more this season. I don’t try to farm specific gear items. I just try to run keys that will give me score, and the gear takes care of itself.

1 Like

Today i got both items i have been chasing for 26 runs.

Double scale droped and then i got the ring from last boss as well.

Gave trinket away because one warrior in the group had crappy trinket and i really dont play tank that much.

I hope tomorrow’s vault wont be a waste of time like previous 4.

I still dont have 278 ilvl item.

People can do 20 with the gear i have,and i realize its mostly skill and not the stats,but i would like to max it out and get BIS gear because chasing those items is what keeps me playing.If i had no goal i would probably quit,but for a whole month getting demolished by the vault,im slowly starting to lose motivation.

Tsjoh : Yes,but if i took every item so far because it had bigger ilvl than my equipped items,i would have no haste and no mastery at all.

Problem is not one useless item,problem is 12 useless items.

What good is ilvl when you dont have proper stats.There’s a reason BIS list exists and there’s a reason most people go after it.

I just think you are extremely unlucky in that case :frowning:

In regards to stats, the guides and FAQ’s in every Discord and on Icy Veins say item level almost always wins out, aside from jewellery. Main stat just gives more throughput.

2 Likes

I just max out my main, and when the progress stales or I just have what I want I play on alts. I start out with leveling them to level cap, than getting crafted items, whatever borrowed power thingie is needed and than do some m+/raids to gear up. With valor I like to spam that +2/+5 to get valor points and BiS gear pieces or just ones I want to use. And I just do the alt I have the most fun playing at the time, or that I want to play, not going to push myself to play 10 alts the same day/week.

Ive found from listing to others in my guild ect that they often waste a lot of playtime by running in circles in oribos… when i geared my monk there was none of that, it was log on move to where my key is while forming the group and then go. Preferably you form a group with friends where you know you are doing more keys after so its just going from 1 key to the next… that way you can do 2-3 keys an hour (depending on dungeon ofc) but this can also be done with randoms

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.