How do you actually survive wailing arrow?

I notice some people do the meta strat perfectly and: they still die because the arrow itself may kill them or the arrow for someone else. Do they have to be fully healed before they jump and to be far away from other arrows?

You take about 25% of your health in damage from your own arrow, if someone fails to jump back in time before the next one hits right underneith their feet they are just playing awful.

1 Like

funny thread rofl :smiley:

Yeah but what’s the perfect timing? Like ~2seconds before it hits you change platform, and then you go back immediately after yours hits?

Well, let’s just say that you would typically want to have your healers heal them to full health, and you would also want to use a personal defensive cd. Doing those two things, it gets quite difficult to die unless you completely mess up. As for the timing, it’s very generous, and you can get weak auras to help with this if it’s too difficult. But yes, you jump back after the arrow has hit you.

Yeah the defensive seems like a good idea, even if it’s only a -20% or so. I get the impression most deaths in pugs is because someone else explodes near them in the same platform (which made me think it might be clever to stay away from others in that platform but that may be too much).

Well thats the point of any ability that has “falloff” damage, in other words, the further away you are the less it hurts.

It’s the same with the tank debuff on painsmith. In early weeks the difference between just hanging out where you were and actually making sure you were far away was very noticable, not so sure about now.

yes.

don’t make fun of people who ask about mechanics. they’re better than 90% of the community

1 Like

It was one of those things that most people pretend to know but I don’t think they know. I’m saying this because I collected 20 people that had good logs in sylvanas hc (including myself) to kill it. Well: we had a couple of deaths in p3 and it wasn’t the dispels/puddles.

One thing to remember is the timer from dBm / most Weakauras isn’t a countdown until the damage. It’s a countdown until the cast.

Once the timer hits zero sylvanas still has to jump up in the air and fire the arrow, which then also has a travel time.

People have to jump over around 1-2 seconds remaining, stay there until they get hit, then come back. If they just come back after the timer goes away they’ll eat the arrow on the return journey killing either them or a large portion of the raid.

And dbm had a bug for days or weeks: not showing the countdown at all. I spoke to the developer about it. That must have added to the confusion.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.