How do you see Demonology right now?

What is good and what is bad about them?

I like it. Decent damage and fun to play. The demon AI occasionally goes a bit goofy, but it’s not exactly game breaking.
Target swapping is a bit crap, too.

Good : I like warlocks :smile:

Bad : They can’t use interrupts without some dps loss and is the only spec with a valid excuse to not use interrupt

…

Makes em a pain on shrine

A spec that suffers from tons and tons of gameplay bugs, tech problems, design flaws. Seriosly from all demons that you potencialy can summon you can control only 1% of them - you main demon, rest is unreliable peace of C++ code. And there is no learning curve about demon AI situation, it is just straight bad design, because Unholy DK and Monks have diffirent and efficient ways of controling their minions.

If you wanna test spec go on, it you will thing that it is fun, then great don’t lissen to me, but if you go in PvP and current design of demo will look for you as some tech mess, then you are welcome to critique Blizzard and their desing here on forums, in hopes that they will fix that peace of code that they call a demonology.

I enjoy it. I’d like to see more cosmetic gifs introduced, but that’s generally for me, not specific to Warlock.

I like the new concept of Demonology. I much prefer the fantasy of summoning demons into servitude, not becoming one. I’d like a bit more diversity in terms of summoned demons but overall, I am happy. Could do with a slight dps buff to certain abilities.

I don’t like it.

Bads;

1. Can’t switch targets.
  2. No baseline interrupt (which is just unbelieveable)
  3. Is not pleasing to the eyes AT ALL. We are not summoning a demon army or commanding strong demons. We are basically an Imp Mother.
  4. Demons we summon (Vilefiend, Felguard talent, dreadstalkers) are so easy to kite around in arena. Whereas BM Hunters’ pets stick to you like a glue.
  5. No proper damage rotation/burst in arena. 3x Shadow’s Bait used to be good in season one (DBs hit 30k with it and players didn’t have 500k hp). Now that too is just weak.

Goods;

1. It’s the only spec. that can do decent and on demand aoe in M+
  2. Less boring than Dest and Affliction
  3. ;?

Yeah that’s it.

Whut? Tyrant is now on a 1.1 min CD and can 100-0 people fairly quickly, it’s particularly good at griefing healers.
Maybe you should just change your azerite traits and talents for more output.

Demo is as was stated runs into many technical problems, which is especially noticeable in PvP situations. Some are not too noticeable like small delay for imp casts, some are major like dreadstalkers having delay before attacking and needing to stay in range to attack the target.

The burst is also kidna unreliable as you are relying on a NPC with its limited AI to pull it off.

I also kinda feel the rotation can get pretty repetetive.

On the positive note, I find the spec quite decent with its high control potetnial, as you don’t have Havoc cc but you have additional CC with your pet and if you manage to lock the enemy down and burst with tyrant, it can be quite rewarding. I have also found it easy to disable two attacking enemies at once with demo.
Another hting is, concerning PvP youre the only spec that can get interrupt talent, separate from your pet.
Another thing I’d mention is that you have lot going on and its kinda fun for me to manage but that might not be for everyone and Unholy DK can do that too with much more speed and finesse.

In conclusion, I’d say that I can kinda enjoy demo insofar as it has control and lot of things to do but I cant say it would work properly, or be the best adaptation of demonology that WoW has ever had. However its still good in what it does, maybe not exactly the best though.

I never understod why our demons can’t behave in a similar fashion. The worst part for me is using stun out of range. It goes on cd and nothing happened. If you use grimoire felguard out of stun range he doesn’t stun. THEN he starts to spin right away (without having reached the target), while slowly moving. By the time hes at the target, both stun and spin have been used. Proceed to land 2-3 hits and despawn.

Demo is alot of fun.
It´s fast paced and you feel like a snowflake :P.
The only bad thing (besides not having an interrupt) is that horrific visions feels like going though hell

1 Like

WEll it’s Horrific Vision what did you expect :smile:

You are either trolling or never played arena above 2k.

a couple things:
They need an interrupt on every pet they get, otherwise they basically either do no dmg or dont have an interrupt in pve content. Also the way imps scale with haste is scuffed… it shouldnt affect their uptime, only their dmg. The fact that they disappear earlier with more haste makes glorious tyrant casts harder than they should be. With that fixed we would have an ok start. But it would still be a farcry from whats promised for SL, ,as in

“Tell us if we depruned too much” my behind.

In a strictly pve POV, demono can be a very satisfying spec once you get the gear to match its strengths, I.e 3x implosion haste buff azerite traits and baleful invocation.

it’s virtually the strongest single target spec in the game right now thanks to the synergy with infinite stars and +%haste corruptions,the obscene amounts of haste you will attain lead to much more frequent stars procs (what makes it strong compared to other haste buffs is that you can easily maintain 100% uptime on your implosion haste buff, contrary to destruction for exemple)

Sadly, pure single target isn’t very common, with only one or two fights in ny’alotha being close to pure st (shadhar and wrathion)

It’s really fun in mythics too, if your group can cover your lack of interrupt of course, with an extremely strong sustained aoe, and very potent st burst window.

It’s in a good place really, from a pve standpoint. Very fun and fast paced. Sucks at spread cleave, but there’s destru for that.

Sure we’re forced into taking certain talents, without alternatives, but the vast majority of specs have the same problem tbh, especially warlocks (destru has a little more leeway, but it’s still anecdotal)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.