How does the blue corruption display effect on your character work?

I kinda assumed that everything below a certain number would be invisible.

420 gloves with 50 corruption (20 after 30 resistance) gives me no effect: https://i.imgur.com/pu83CBB.png

445 weapon with 35 corruption (5 after 30 resistance) gives me a blue effect: https://i.imgur.com/6N9l9TS.png

I’m not happy with this, I like my mog a lot and this blue stuff ruins it. How does this work? When is this effect applied? I would expect less corruption = less blue…

2 Likes

I think it’s buggy.

It should be there from the start, but sometimes it doesn’t show at all.

My main chars do not have the visual effect for some reason, anyway I hope they will not fix that, but will delete this crap effect instead.

2 Likes

Yeah I would very much like an off button here. Terrible gameplay mechanic… sure. But nobody messes with my mogs.

2 Likes

Hope they remove the visual entirely. Or give us an option to speak to MOTHER to disable it.

I don’t want to look at a purple void ball for the next year or so.

7 Likes

Yeah, my priest has been free of it many times, especially after using shadow from.

It’s one of the main reasons why I will not let myself get any corruption.

1 Like

My VE priest was glowing red/orange with 95 corruption, think he was about to blow

1 Like

Its ruining my tier 3 :’(

1 Like

– Hail champion, glad to see you’re resisting the urge of equiping N’zoth’s corrupted gear. That’s a proof of strong will and you must not~
– Nah Magni it was just ruining my mog

2 Likes

it’s affected by the bottom figure on your corruption scale. the higher the bottom number, the more drastic the effect you suffer periodically and the darker your aura will grow. Once you reach 100 on the bottom figure your aura turns red but don’t do anything in red… I made the mistake of forgetting to change armours and that thing from beyond absolutely sprinted towards me like Usain Bolt with the squits and one shotted me.

I was at 404k hp…

And judging by the replies it appears i’m alone in liking the effect. It IS supposed to be corrupted after all…

Here’s an idea then: DON’T SUCCUMB TO CORRUPTION! :upside_down_face:

at low corruption ( 1-20 i think) the effect comes and goes, it’s not permanent, at least by my experience

I’m okay with corruption as a mechanic, but damn that visual needs an off button, it’s terrible.

1 Like

I think some Shadow Priests feel the same way.

2 Likes

20 to 39 does not have a visual. Assume it’s a bug, but a happy one because it happens to be a good place to be and I don’t like the goop.

Good to know, I’ll aim for 20 then :joy:

It does seem like a reasonable thing, as my DH with like 35 doesn’t have any effects either.

It is completely gone at my 25 corruption. Might be that it comes and goes by design yes.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.