How good are Shadow priest in Burning crusade?

Guys iv made it… my warrior become r14 and since then i can not play it anymore… its like a curse of some sort. Maybe its cuz i invested so much time playing it or something… and i start to rank my priest =)

My questions:

1. Are shadow priests good in Burning crusade PVE and PVP (arena) ?
  2. Are troll race any good in BC to play arenas (or only Undead are good)?
1 Like

SPs get extremely good in TBC especially in 2vs2 in combo with a lock.

Depending on the patch we land with (I’d say 2.3) they might also be good in PvE.

SPriest in PvE (raids) is a mana battery so you will be needed, not necessarily for good DPS but still a very very important role (raid can have lower DPS but can’t have healers or main casters without mana). If you tryhard the itemization and stuff you will perform even better.

Also do note that we still don’t have a confirmation if any type of character copy will be possible.

6 Likes

Shadow priest debuffs are huge in TBC, as well as mana regen. You want at least 2 spriests per 25-man raid (compare to vanilla 1 per 40-man raid). Also, TBC spriests have very strong pre-raid craftable gear (frozen shadoweave 3-piece set), so their DPS is very good at the start, but kinda falls off later on (bad scaling on abilities)

There are always two raid spots for shadow in tbc. They do decent dps and help fuel others mana. You will not chart top but you will be wanted. PVP you are a beast in the right comp. 2v2 Shadow/Lock do very well. In 3v3 I played a shammy with a lock and shadow priest, We made glad easily every season in TBC.

In vanilla you will be a boss world pvp if you rank up or get the goodies from BWL

1 Like

As I’ve mentioned elsewhere on these forums, one of my very good RL friends mained an SP from Vanilla to… hhhm, maybe WotLK? Anyway, his name was Donnyosmonds and he absolutely smashed people in PVP.

He probably still has the odd video floating around on YouTube.

SPs were great.

1 Like

In PvP they were great, you gain Shadow Word: Death as an instant nuke, Vampiric Touch as an additional DOT and Shadowfiend to help with mana problems. Also worth noting that Blackout is still in. Didn’t get removed until WoTLK. Mana Burn and Viper Sting were two of the most hated arena abilities and were removed later for good reason.

In raids you have 15% Shadow Weaving still to keep the locks happy, Misery which increases all spell damage taken by 5% and Vampiric Touch as a mana battery.
The raids I did back then had a lot of mana users and we ran with 2 SPriests to have in 2 out of 5 of the groups.
You won’t be topping the DPS meters but you can end up somewhere in the middle, the damage is decent.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.