How i would have tweaked BfAs story

Hallo, for me the story in BfA has been one of the worst and boring storyes i have expirienced in WoW. So with that said i would like to give you my how i would have done it while trying to stick as closely as possible to what we were precented in game.

First of the War Of Thorns: Ok so the whole pitch that Sylvanas sold the to the Horde was “we should start a war so that we can prevent a hyphotetical war in the future” which is non-sensical for me and no Leader/Representative of a race should ever fall for.
So how i would have done this: Either make the alliance atack Loraderon first , because of paranoia on how Sylvanas acted during the peace sumit with the humans and undead , or if you will be going for the whole Sylvanas just wanted corpses for the sake of death make plot line make it so a Horde city or settlement (nothing major or anything) was attacked and sacked by nightelves and this should be a major problem with how she herself is a sort of elf and comands undead elves that specialize in one of the preffered offensive tactics for the entrie species - archery. For scenario A i would think that sylvanas doing the scorcher earth strategy would fit and for scenario B its an all out win for the alliance , tough Lordaeron is still not usable because of the destruction during the battle. This way i believe we have more a balanced story. Oh and there is no we take Telldrasil as a hostage in both versions, its a proclamation of war.

Battle for Darkshore and warfronts.- Honestly i never saw and strategic value or any reasonable means of atack in both of the warfront locations. Think about it with Arathi where are all those horde coming from and even if they would win how would they manage to maintain the foothold there. Surely not from Silvermoon , because you either go trough the Plaguelands which is a no due to it beeing too risky or trough Loraderon where its a no again due to obvious reasons. Same thing for Darkshore more or less. So make the warfronts locations someplace else where it would make more sense. I would keep the nightwarrior story in but with a tweak at the end- The PC, Thyrande and Malf do manage to kill Nathanos , but is ressurected (unwillingly) by one of the Val’Kir who tough that thats what Sylvanas would have wanted. The Val’Kir dies after that like when they ressurect Sylvanas. When the whole ordeal is over and Nathanos escapes (not cackling) he reports to his queen , who is discusterd by him for losing one of her Val’kir. This way we may feel some sort of symphaty for Nathanos , and dont get me wrong he is a well writhen (if this is the indent ofc) unlikable antagonist , but we have no idea what actually is the intent for this character and what purpose does he serve other than the obvious self-insert of the writher.

Battle for Dazar’Alor and Death of Rastakhan- Simply put the Zandalari and Kul’tirans have joined their respective factions before the atack, so it makes sense to have an Atack on Zandalar. The idea of the attack from an Alliance side is to A cripple the fleet and B Put some presure on the Zandalari so they might consider backing away from the Horde. In my version Rastakhan survives the battle. Be it self-sacrivise or Bwomsamdi mojo Talaanji takes the killing blow at the last second and saves her father (much like Liam with Gen) , a confused Rastakhan turns to Bwomsamdi with “but i taugh we had a deal” , the loah smirks and answers “but we do my king, what did you think promising your bloodline to death meant ?”. Whit a final cry Rastakhan unleashes the final sliver of power he had left from the battle to destroy the boss /throne room in hopes of burrying the alliance. Alliance survives due to Deus Ex Machina ofc for gameplay reasons. Rastakhan is saved by Bwomsamdi because the deal is not yet over and he has to continue his rule so Bwomsamdi can stay the main loah of the zandalari. Here we can have a more interesting leader for the Horde which are in dire need of some atm where we have a very incompent king who dabled with powers he couldnt understand and lost his daughter to protect his kingdom from a treath he underestimated, now he could aim to be true King and protector for his people and an ally to the Horde because of a shared hatred for the Alliance.

Baine and Derek- Baine does free Derek, returns him to Jaina and is imprisoned by Sylvanas. Only the rebel Horde led by Saurfang and Thrall free him and barely espace , after that they decide that they need to work with the Alliance in order to stop Sylvanas because of the sheer numbers disadvantage. The Alliance meanwhile are helping Tyrande prepare a fianal attack from the north. Rebels and Alliance meet somewhere and agree to work togheter for now. Let Saurfang have his moment , but Sylvanas dies aswell resurected imediatly by her final Val’kir (if we are not down to the final one cause im not keeping count on them we have dealth with rest in certain points of the expansion maybe during war campaign) and she is pissed and proclaims that “the Horde is nothing” and leaves.

I would also have changed some of the leaders of AR’s. I already said that it would be Rasthakan and not Talaanji as a leader of the zandalari. Grom instead of whatever AU famale Thrall is called. And i would also like to have most of the AR leaders have a bigger role in story i just havent tough of it yet and its already a pretty long post.

Also i dont see the point in alot of new Characters like Flynn and Taellia for example, other than “they will probably be important in a future expansion” so i would have done given them some sort of plot (like a leveling zone) with a begining, middle and end , because yes they are part of the leveling zones now but the role they play during those feels like a side quest even for them.

I know its a lot to read trough but i want to hear your feedback and/or pitch on this.

PS No Nazjatar and Ny’alotha this expansion instead save them for future expansions. Maybe keep the Sylvanas/Azshara deal but only reveal it at the end.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.