How is ele in 9.2.5?

Hi guys,

Do you recommend elemental right now in pvp/pve?

Do you think it’s fun to main?

I want to know your opinion!

Cheers

It’s flashy alright and decently fun to play also. But in terms of utility I don’t really think there is currently any point in taking it over a mage or warlock as a caster dps in pve. I have no idea about pvp.

Well … I’m Ele main since I started playing the game in Legion so I can only recommend it, but that’s obviously a super personal opinion that is also only based on PvE.
I like the animations and the way it plays. Classic builder spender style, sometimes takes a bit of time to get going.

In terms of damage it’s currently not able to compete against a competent warlock or surv hunter (we will see when the 9.2.5 changes go live). It has a very consistent type of dmg which oftentimes helped me being able to compete against other more burst heavy classes like Fire Mage. It does take some ramp up, especially with Storm Elemental in M+ but the higher keys you do, the more time you have to do so and once you start off, it’s really fun. Quite competent for bosses aswell, although you do have to decide on a build. Typical M+ build sacrifices some single target but it’s still allright. Raid single target build is really mobile and let’s you have a permanent Elemental which adds a lot to your damage. Haven’t raided a lot in this tier but it seems to be somewhere in the upper middle dmg wise.
You got a lot of different utility options, even more comming in DF and are able to sustain quite a bit of damage if done correctly. You can offheal if needed and dispel/purge.
Movement is actually quite easy to handle. You have spells that you can instantly cast and Spiritwalker’s let’s you just cast while on the move which is really a bessing.

11/10 for me :smiley:

So from what little raiding/m+/pvp I’ve done:

• most of what ele shaman can bring, can be brought by resto shaman. Resto currently is superior healer.
  • spec itself is very centered around doing very consistent damage, elemental is very decent single target dps
  • because you are not survival hunt or ww monk or destro lock - fotm/meta victims will almost never invite you to their pugs.
  • it’s fun and fast spec, most of the abilities feels good to click, you can do fast short burst windows, that can really throw your oponents off guard in pvp (something like echoing shock-mastery tripple lava burst+instant stormkeeper lighning bolt + follow up with earth shock) - in a 1s window you have a lot of dmg, which is very fun in BGs to tap people.
1 Like

I play Ele since Cata and main it since Legion. I can say this. It is A tier in worst case and maybe even S tier. It’s fun if you never played it but as long time Ele main current playstyle bores me. It’s random Lavaburst spam hoping for Ascendance proc. You don’t control your damage. You deal insane damage and can one shot people randomly. Of course you can stack Primordial and Echoing Shock for big damage windows but overall it feels extremely RNG.

If you don’t take it serious and just want to have fun you can still play Kyrian with Vesper. Even though it’s not that good as it was it still have a very good punch. The problem is that the playstyle isn’t that fun with low Haste and once your enemies figure out your plan it’s extremely hard to land your Vespers.

Elemental is ok in 2s but nothing special. It definetely excels in 3s where you have few viable comps. I tried Ele/Lock/X both with every spec and obviously Demo and Affli work great. Demo gives MS effect and a lot of control while Affli gives dispel protection. Both are rather based on living long enough and winning with damage eventually. Other good comp is Ele/Boomy/H Priest or H Pala. In the past I played it with R Druid or R Shaman but Priest or Paladin give you range stun that helps with killing some specs. This is more 100-0 comp that require more coordination but still fun. Ele/Fire/H Priest or H Pala - probably the hardest comp to play as Ele because it requires insanely good Fire Mage but if both players are on the same level it might actually be the best for Ele. If you have meele friends I recommend Fury Warrior, Outlaw Rogue or WW as a partner. The problem is that with these specs you have to kite and be good at surviving and dealing damage while being trained.

In RBGs you are not the first choice DPS but you definetely are there. You offer great spread damage and your mobility is decent. Probably 1 Ele per team is enough but you are a good option.

In terms of PvE I heard Ele is good but not a top tier in M+ and decent in raids.

Let me say it like this, “No” if you’re looking for the best of the best, but “Yes” if you’re looking for something decent that is hella fun. Atleast in terms of PvE, can’t stande SL PvP, so i have no opinion on that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.