How is Elemental Shaman in PvP now?

Worth to learn? Toolkit and PvP Talent’s sure look promising.

He can literally delete people from full HP with two consecutive instant casts.
He’s pretty good at kiting.
He has pretty good off heals and utility like Grounding and Skyfury.

He has ranged slow with no cost.

Yes, he’s pretty good. Worth to learn.

3 Likes

Thank you. I shall learn how to Elemental.

1 Like

While the rest is true, you’re probably not going to be pwning people in two insta casts.
I’m surprised you didn’t mention Counterstrike totem. This redirects 100% of the damage 20 meters around you back to attackers, and it has a fairly short cooldown of 45 secs with a 15 sec uptime.
Ele definitely has some amazing utility, but they aren’t easy to play. You really need to master the art of kiting, but tbh that’s the fun part.

While the rest is true, this is true too. So please don’t “correct” true information to false. It’s idiotic.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticCuriousVultureOSsloth
https://clips.twitch.tv/CooperativeSmilingOcelotAliens
https://clips.twitch.tv/DepressedHonestKiwiDancingBanana

Because it takes PvP talent slot, it’s killable and there are usually better talents. Like Grounding, Lasso and Skyfury. And even if you take it, it’s hardly comparable to Shaman’s true strength (those which I mentioned).

It at be true that elemental shamans are strong now. But keep in mind that it’s also due to blood of the enemy which tables forever to grind.

In fact. It now takes longer then ever to prepare 120 for pvp…

he ? ele shaman is a he? did u just assume its gender

Are you murican for reacting like this?

shamans are so bad like ferals.

1 Like

Aaaa what? Ele is God tier lol

Killing people in two globals requires grinding out blood of the enemy rank 3.
And in the actual match you have to work up your maelstrom to afford the earth shocks, you need to pop on use trinket and skyfury, and then pop BotE (in melee range if Im not mistaken) and then you have just a couple of seconds to get those casts off without getting LoS:ed or CCd.
So it’s not like you’re gonna be able to pull that off in every game.
That being said, Ele is strong, versatile and alot of fun to play. =)

Why do people still keep apologizing stuff with “yea, but you have to pop trinket…” etc.?

BTW Not many things can LoS ranged caster with Ghost Wolf. He doesn’t need to cast it, it’s instant. So getting LoSed on your stuff is pretty unlikely if not impossible.

1 Like

Why does a warlock complain about elemental shamans?
Why is it not ok for shamans to be able to set up insane burst, but it’s ok for warlocks to 3 shot people with 1 second cast chaos bolts while able to lock the target down and be immune to kicks?
And on top of that being twice as tanky as an ele shaman?

Because there’s a difference between LoSing casted ability and LoSing instant ability.

Also, I don’t play Warlock. I play Shaman.
And Shaman is tankier than Warlock.

You really got hung up on the LoS thing. I didn’t mean that you can actually LoS an instant ability when the button is being pressed.
Since all the defensive traits have been nerfed I highly doubt that shamans are tankier than warlocks. Shamans are only tanky in ghostwolf, which can be purged, and you can’t do anything offensively while ghostwolfing.

Im not saying that elemental shaman is weak, but Im saying that those 200k earth shocks aren’t as easy to get off as people seem to think.

pressing cooldowns and ES seems pretty easy to me

You can run, thunderstorm, Earth Shield yourself, slow enemies, kite, if they catch up you have wall (on twice lower CD than warlock’s when you bring that up), you have self heal…

If you ever tried Purging Ele Shaman (which I doubt) you’d know that there’s plenty buffs he has from talents and other effect, so purging something isn’t actually that easy (probable).

There are also not many classes with spammable purge and if Shaman’s running from you in Ghost Wolf and you run at him and purge, then you’re by definition slower, while he can spam Ghost Wolf and not be slowed at all. Effectively trying to Purge him while you’re slowed and he’s not results in you LoSing mana and not achieving anything while he runs away from you.

1 Like

Whatever you say dude.
So if this is true I should just be able to log on my shaman, queue up for arena, press 2 buttons and oneshot my way to 2400 rating?

hahahahaha

i leave it as that

Well, isnt that exactly what you are doing when ppl complain about locks? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
“but u have to cast during infernals” " but u can los it" " but u can dispell"… i mean…

Nope. I do apologize it with you have to hard cast && stack up Grimoire Buff.

If Lock one shotted people with Dark Soul + Conflagrate, then yes, it’d makes sense to call me for it.

Exactly.
Popping trinket doesn’t have cast time. There’s huge difference between Greater Pyroblast hitting for X and Templar Verdict hitting for X.