How is Enhancement?

Returning to Shadowlands (as a Zanda troll) and think I’m going to go with Enhancement Shaman. How are they in PvE?

My other options were DPS warrior (Fury probably) or Assa/Outlaw Rogue

Are they still not great as in BFA or have things changed?

good in dmg, but nobody will take you as they don’t bring anything great and are squishy on top of it.

not sure about raid, but I assume they are bottom third as usual

generally greatly depending on what you are doing.
any class is capable of hc raiding and m15s.
Pugging non fotm class makes it just way harder to play when you actually want to play

1 Like

Well, all of those are technically not meta so best of luck trying to pug.

You’ll have more luck if you have your own group you run with, but as returning player that’s probably outside of realm of possibilities.

You’ll probably have better chances if you keep playing DK (Unholy is top notch, Blood is somewhat good and frost is… well… just as bad as it has ever been).

Enha is VERY fragile (comes as a trade-off to self heal on some classes - unless you’re a druid or paladin, they have it all), which is usually remedied by taking a bit of versatility, but since your haste and crit are better stats, you won’t likely have too much vers till high gear levels. For me personally, the biggest hurdle playing enha is SPELLS. I just HATE when a target dies just as I’m about to use Chain Lightning or Flame Shock. Since they’re spells, they won’t auto-target nearest enemy mod like Stormstrike or Chrash Lightning would - you’ll just trigger GCD (losing DPS) while getting an error that you’re not targeting anything. If you try to TAB, you might accidentally target a mob in a different pack and shoot lightning into it, so you’re better off trying to manually click one of the dozen HP bars floating on your screen. Each milisecond you waste, you’re getting lower dps.
Also, you’re JUST AS FAST AS TANK, if not slower (in case of monk or DH tank), so chances are, if they’re kiting, you have a hard time keeping uptime, and Ghost Wolfing costs valueable GCDs (and ofc can’t be used before your GCD runs out)

The main problem is, this Expansion mythic+ doesn’t really have any melee friendly affixes so having more than 2-3 melees (including tank) is putting hardcore stress on your healer and some bosses are nearly impossible to beat without ranged (like Hakkar in Other Side on tyrannical weeks). It’s a bit better in raid, but not much.

Thing is, there’s not a lot shamans actually offer to group. Heroism can be provided by better performing mages. Winfury totem is nice, but autoattacks deal next to no dmg this expansion - the only real benefit is proccing things that proc off of autoattacks more often (e.g. Lock and Load procs on MM hunter). The only thing we have going for us currently is our capability to off-heal.
Chain Harvest can top off your entire group in m+ instantly, and Chain Heal used with 5 stacks of Maelstrom actually heals more than resto shaman’s chain heal I think. So any time you feel like your healer could use a breather, you can sacrifice a bit of dmg for fabulous AoE heals.

PS: Enha shamans have a really easy time in Torghast. I was able to directly run layer 8 solo as soon as I dinged 60 (aka with 132 ilvl gear) on first try.

1 Like

To be honest. Dont play Enhance. You are not going to have a great time.

2 Likes

Not liking enhancement a lot at the moment.

2 Likes

Ouch. Ok. What about Elemental? Mainly for mythic+?

good at all. m+, raid and pvp

I quite like the spec, imo very enjoyable.

Just like my elemental shaman, I didn’t went for the legendary 98% of the shamans are using, frost witch makes it play so much better.

I’m loving Enhancement,but as you can see I am in the casual aspect. Many of the issues have been said allready,but I still enjoy it. Just don’t expect to top meters,but remember that your mobility and totems are handy tools alongside purge and budget polymorph:)

1 Like

it is super fun once you learn how it works, and if you’re a casual you can have even more fun by playing around with talents and legendaries as we have many different styles of play.

I accepted that we’ll never top any charts and that no group will ever ask for an enhancement, so anything i achieve as enhance makes me feel good cause i know i worked for it. In raids to be honest i never understand why it matters so much, if you get mechanics right 90% of the fights are doable with decent dps and not meta boom-booms. For m+ you can get KSM eventually but it takes some more effort since people look at enhance and laugh

You definitely can top charts or be one of the top dpsers.

Teach me! =]

yea in pvp i do that, in RBGs you need good teamates and healers though or else you can get plowed by the other team. In PVE if im top of the charts then i just assume that the boomies and mages and locks in my group are too undergeared. With the same ilvl you stand no chance to top it outside of burst windows

Well I watch waves when I wanna see good enh and he does mythic raiding, I think his team mates are pretty good and he is constantly at the top, not first but top 3 is quite common.
Yeh enh might not be the very best but it’s definitely not bad, and so much fun ^^

Needs boost to Ghostwolf Talent(s) and Thunderstrom baseline. Might even toss Lightning Lasso to PvP Talents. Feels too squishy from time to time. Maybe since we Dual Wield gives us baseline “Dual Weapon Block” of some sort to migitate inc damage. Also would love to see more Weapon Enhancements.

1 Like

I hate the way it plays. I miss rockbiter.

1 Like

Love the damage flow. Alot of buttons to push. Casual player here.

I love enhancement, I’ve managed to come to 2k rio and 10/10 mythic, and can’t really complain about the spec.
But again, is all about what you gonna prefer yourself, if you like the playstyle or not. Give it a try and come back with some feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.