How LFG, ilevel and making the game more accessible is ruining the game

WHAT?!
Dude… You keep making these wild claims that are just nonsense.
LFR allows them to make BETTER RAIDS.
Raids are still liked by those who do them and often THE thing to look forward to in a new patch. LFR has nothing to do with the rest of the content. Nothing.

Oh so because of LFR WoD had 3 raids and wotlk only had 9 raids (2 of these were old content brought back).

You’re comparing wotlk to the expansion with the least patches and least content released in wow’s history? Well done. Troll.

cant wait till we get “FLM” - free loot mailing in wow, so people who arent capable to press their keyboard can too participate and get loot! ‘(^_^)’

1 Like

Can’t wait till we get “RTBE” - report the biggest ego in wow, so people can ban those toxic players as soon as possible! ‘(^_^)’

3 Likes

Probably gonna come at the same time as the launch of the game on google play and appstore. :wink:

1 Like

Your saying that raid content has been better since the introduction of LFR. Well it still doesn’t bring us enough content, even tho some WoD raids were really good (mostly Blackrock foundry) it still wan’t the new Ulduar. So yes I am comparing content before LFR to content after LFR. So well done. Gnome.

Shhhhh…you might wake his weird army of fanboi ego feeders.

I am. For sure.

So greedy.

Nop, you’re not. You’re cherrypicking the worst example you could have picked.

So it’s just sometimes that LFR brings us good raiding content. Gnome.

cant wait, gonna ask my parents for money for phone asap so I can buy new blizzard games!!

xD woof woof

LFR isn’t MAKING THE RAIDS. The devs are. They sometimes make good and sometimes not so good content. It happens. Stop blaming a damned system for it. Really.

If you want to make an HONEST comparison… here…

WOTLK:

9 raids.
Of those 9 raids 2 were rehashed/re-used raids.
So 7 NEW raids. Of those 7 raids 4 of them were SMALL 1-3 boss raids.
So in actuallity WotLK had 3 NEW REAL raids. 1 of which was rehashed and kept mainly inside 1 single room (talking of Trial of the Crusader here ofc).

WoW such quality.

EDIT: and that doesn’t take away from the quality of Ulduar and ICC, but you’re just using numbers and yelling some hyperbole to try and make your point. But facts don’t lie.

2 Likes

You were the 1 that said LFR was the reason they can make quality raiding content.

I already said 2 of those were old content brought back, btw Naxxramas was said to be too easy back then, hmmmmmmmmmmm.
Does small raid mean it’s bad quality? You are here defending ppl who don’t have time to do raids, well if you don’t have time to do 12 boss raid then how about 1-3 boss raids?
I’ve already said that wotlk had pretty much the best balance of accessibility, there was raid content for everyone and enough challenge for those who liked it.

4 Likes

No I didn’t.
I said:

That is NOT AT ALL what you’re claiming I said.

No it doesn’t but you were comparing pure numbers with your stupid WOTLK vs WOD raids claim. And there’s a story behind those numbers, so I just explained that.

For those who liked it. What about those who don’t like it?
I hardly raided because I didn’t like it anymore back then.
I was bored. I could only do godawful grinds like the Argent Tournament.
WOTLK was the expansion where I quit for the first time since the game launched.

I don’t like raiding. I don’t want all the strings attached to it to constrain me. So LFR is a perfect solution for me. But you don’t care. You want elitism. You want your fragile ego stroked because you get to do some content that others don’t.

2 Likes

I really don’t get all the arguments over LFR.

It takes nothing away from organised raiding, it adds extra transmog sets and some gear for alts/casuals.

It means everyone who plays this game can see out the whole storyline which nearly always involves a raid in some way.

People who dislike it, don’t have to do it. They even removed the quests to kill a boss for gear that we used to get from our mission tables. People often completed those in LFR.

5 Likes

LFR and LFD to me is making the game more accessible. Some people do not want to socialize and there are people who only want to do raids and dungeons with guilds.

Similarly there are guilds who do not do raids and dungeons all the time, so LFR and LFD helps in these situations. An example is that on my horde alt, my guild had about 22 members online this morning.

A couple of people wanted to do the timewalking dungeons this week, no one responded when the guildies inquired. So one said they would just use LFD. I do not see anything lazy about wanting to complete achievements, earn timewalking badges, and doing the quest that pertains to timewalking via LFD.

1 Like

What are you trying to say with this? If ppl don’t like raiding they probably wont like the raid content either. So do ppl who don’t like raid content like LFR then? Is that because LFR has nothing to do with raiding?

I never liked organised raiding… I didn’t like that I had to have a schedule to be able to raid back in wotlk. So I started to make my own pug groups to raid and it was the best decision I ever made. This has pretty much been killed by the LFR and other LFG features. I even took my really casual friend with me to those runs cause he wanted to try out raiding.

Other than Flex which only existed for a short time during Siege of Orgrimmar, no other raiding format is broken down into bitesize wings like LFR is.

I don’t think LFR has had any kind of detrimental affect on pugging. You only have to open the LFM tool to see loads of listings. If anything pugs make ridiculous demands of players when it comes to forming groups. A lot of the very casual player base who have no interest in mastering their class or having to do complicated tactics are totally unsuited to a Normal raid, unless the group outgears it.

That LFM tool is 1 of the things I don’t like, seeing the name, class and ilevel tells me nothing about the player that I’m about to invite. That mage with 385 ilevel might still have no runes or enchantments in their gear, which would be a clear no to my raid. While that hunter has 355 ilevel with good gems and right enchants in their gear and I would invite them. That stupid number doesn’t tell me anything about the player or their interests of joining the raid.
Gearscore was totally idiotic addon back in wotlk and I never trusted when ppl were telling me some random numbers that would represent their gear.

Bank inspection, I remember those days xD

1 Like