How long does Blizzard reserve money?

I paid for a 6 month subscription and I definitely had enough money on my bank account. I received an e-mail that says the payment was successful, but I still can’t play. It says now on my bank account that the money has been reserved by Blizzard but not transferred to them. I don’t know why it happened, but I wonder how long Blizzard will keep the money in reserve. I want that money secure before I try again.

1 Like

Its not how long Blizzard reserve the money. They have no control how long its reserved for. That is down to your financial institution. The norm is 14 to 28 days.

Your bank will have it reserved for Blizzard. Not reserved by Blizzard. It doesn’t leave your bank until they request it. Usually that’s instant but can take up to 24 hours.

Okay thanks. I’ll talk to my bank tomorrow and let them fix it.

Hey Razziela,

What the others have said here is correct, we don’t reserve any funds on your bank account. That’s done on your bank’s side as standard procedure when processing a payment. If funds were reserved but you didn’t get the game time, that generally means that the payment has failed

Authorisation holds like this can last for a while, depending on your bank’s own policies, but the funds will be released back into your account once that hold’s passed. My experience is that this isn’t something banks can manually trigger, but I hope that it is all sorted out for you real soon :slight_smile:

Technically, they can trigger an immediate release, they just won’t as a matter of policy. Also, front-line staff probably don’t have access to the systems to trigger a release, but it is technically possible.

Have the exact same issue.
My subs had run out last night and bought a new sub.
Said it was succesful, money reserved… and nothing. Been waiting for 7 hours now.

Have been instant every time since i first started back in vanilla.

Two thoughts here - firstly it tells you that it can take up to 24 hours for payment to clear. Usually it doesn’t, sometimes it does. And, secondly, if you’re manually renewing your sub every month/3 months/whatever, why do you not buy gametime - https://eu.shop.battle.net/en-gb/product/world-of-warcraft-game-time A subscription is meant to automatically renew but it sounds as though you cancel it each time

I know it’s pedantic but you are not buying a subscription, you are buying gametime.

Got a new Mastercard a few weeks back so had to make a new subscription plan.

During 15 years I must have cancel my subscription a hundred times and every time ive decided to come back it have been instant.

Never have i thought ”Im gonna start play wow”, bought gametime and had to wait 24 hours. But it is what it is, ill just wait now :grinning:

Thanks for the gametime tip, that went through right away, even though that amount also got reserved.

Got both a sub and a 30-days gametime reserved now, but who cares, now i can play :joy:

1 Like