How mages manage to kill elites?

i play tankadin and BM hunter and can kill elite mobs for world quests. how does mages manage to do that?

1 Like

Rule #1: Kill them before they kill you.
If it’s HP goes down faster than yours, it WILL die, while you will live. Arcane in particular is quite adept at making 1 big target die yesterday.

And if that doesn’t work? Use more gun: Time Warp & nuke it again.

Or get someone to tank the elite in question / heal your squishy clothie while you wipe this pathetic “rare” from the face of Azeroth.

4 Likes

This is the energy I didn’t know I needed today.

2 Likes

If at first you don’t succeed nuke nuke and nuke again if all else fails go arcane and nuke harder

2 Likes

Depending on the mob and your gear sometimes you have no choice but to wait for help. You can always throw everything at it and if it fails invis.

Hunters can solo anything their pet can taunt even if it takes a week to kill it tbf.

I’m Frost, so I just slow and kite. If it’s a ranged boss, then I just dump everything, and if its health barely moves then I run away.

2 Likes

spec fire, go Gpie>RoP>Meteor>Fireblast>Fireblast>pyro and any elite below 500k will die in literally one second.
There’s not a single spec in the game that can kill elites faster than mage lmao.

You might struggle a bit if you’re less than 400 ilvl, but that’s it.

and needless to say if it’s a 2m elite, then combust will delete it.

2 Likes

Anything below or at 4 million health, you can just delete with a good combustion as fire spec, arcane power as arcane spec and you may struggle a little with frost if the mob is immune to snares.

If you are in warmode and have a good amount of haste, speccing into flamecannon+greater pyroblast and just spamming greater is a good alternative too. It is capped on 35% of your HP against the elites, but it’s still a lot of damage if you can cast the greaters quickly.

1 Like

As per how others have described it. If the elite has less than 3 million HP it will die into combustion. If it has more than 4 million HP then it will likely survive for ten more seconds before ignite damage burns it into a crisp.

This depends a lot on your gear itemlevel and your choice of gear. If you have atleast one on use trinket, hyperthread bracers and atleast one or two master blasters then it is a matter of checking the HP of the rare. Once you get used to your combustion rotation you will “know” how much HP you can burn through with a single combustion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.