How many guilds have you been in during Classic

See the topic. How many guilds have you been in? Have you made smart choices? Are you still playing with your first guild of (real life or ingame) friends?

I’m on my fifth guild (actually four since 1 was only one week of trial). Didn’t always make good choices in terms of guild environment. Some choices I regretted, some I enjoyed. Some guilds have since disbanded (at least 2 of them).

I’ve been in two

2 Likes

I have also been in two! The first imploded as the GM had to step down and no one wanted to take control and it fizzled out with no lead. That meant 40 raiders had to move to new raiding guilds and we all somehow managed! Been in the 2nd for 7 months now!

1 Like

I have been in two.

First was absorbed by a larger guild after server numbers began to drop off.

1 Like

I have been in a lot of guilds (five), several at the same time. I should explain: I play rp and also play both factions. Some of my characters are in rp guilds that just fit one of them. I have made both good and bad choices, but am happy with the way it is now. I still play with some of the ingame friends I started with.

One guild.

I joined in the 40s level in phase 1, we all were around 40-50 and we went from MC to Naxx in the same guild with the same core players.

None, not here, nor in Original Vanilla, TBC and WOTL. I guess I like my own company.

If this is purely relating to Classic… 3.

First guild I was a druid tank, but they sidelined me after BWL progression as they wanted warrior tanks and one of the officers decided he was now going to be that one druid tank. Offered to go resto, got told they didn’t want those either, so I left with a bad taste in my mouth.

Second guild I was in till SL release week, farming AQ40 happily till we had some drama in the guild with the GM bending the loot rules to suite himself and a select few. All the good officers left over it and the guild lost it’s feel, so I excused meself and went to test SL for a bit.

Guild 3 I joined this month after quitting SL. Not a hardcore guild, we now only are at 5/15 Naxx, but it’s a friendly bunch and it gives me the chance to properly progress in Naxx. Guild is also actively preparing for TBC with various plans, so I’m in a happy place :hugs:

Technically two but really only one.
The first one was just a guild of friends from retail but many of them never even made it to 60 and the few who did have quit later after hitting 60.

After hitting 60 and getting a tiny bit of gear I joined my current guild and I’ve been here ever since and plan to go into TBC with them as well.

11 across two toons. Only 2 guilds of those are still around on my realm.

I am in my 3rd guild. First was just a bunch of friends I raided with in wotlk and early cata, who came back for Classic. Only 2 of them even made it to 60, and one of those quit after healing one or two MC’s and Ony, saying spamming flash of light bored him out of his mind.
So I joined a semi-hardcore guild of mythic raiders from retail. It was reasonably okay, we farmed some MC and Ony, but they acted like they are raiding mythic while not even speedrunning MC all that well. Over the Christmas break in 2019 all of the officers decided they had enough of Classic and went back to BfA. So i joined my current guild and I’ve been happily dragon slaying with them ever since, culminating in an epic KT kill in January. We are now farming Naxx casually and prepping for switching to two raid teams in TBC.

Just two, been mostly guildless. I haven’t really liked the Classic raiding guilds I’ve run into and the need to have a big roster for raids tends to lead to guilds, which have a lot of people I don’t really care for. Just one of the reasons why I prefer TBC over vanilla.

I think it was best for me not to join any other guilds, tryharding and raging over worldbuffs simply wasn’t the gameplay I was after, especially when the content was hardly challenging to anyone who had even the slightest clue about how to play.

F****ing lootcouncle

One. I Joined the moment I logged in to Classic, after the 8 hour queue to enter Firemaw.

Known them for years, we played on Trollbane back in 2009 during WoTLK together. Also played on a private server together.

Only 2? I’m fairly sure I saw you in Enigmatic for a short while before you joined High Times, but I never saw you raid with us. Does that even count?

Ha! Joined that when i was just on the server :slight_smile: dit not realy count the 4day stay haha.
And luved high time, dit not realy ment lootcouncle for them… But my previous exp in the one i played 8months with :slight_smile:
After my transfer and hightimes i Could not get the real motivation back and reallife changed for the good…
So was a good time to quit the game ^^

Hope u buggers stil having fun there!

3 guilds.

First guild when I leveled, massive, tons of lvlers.

Second guild after I reached 60, ended up with having enough members for 5x40 man raids as a peak, eventually died abit off down to 3x40, followed by 2x40.

Third guild (current) formed by members of the second guild now in P6 with 1x40 as a focus.

Man what a journey.

5 guilds.

The first 2 were levelling guilds which were abandoned by their guildmasters.

The 3rd was a raiding guild i stayed with the longest until favoritism hit the guild’s management (no loot drama btw).

The 4th was also a raiding guild, i didn’t like it much so i decided to move to Mirage-Raceway (because Pyrewood-Village horde side is shrinking).

I’m now in my 5th guild as a social, I was in this guild as a raider during LK in retail.

Atm i’m actually waiting for TBC to come live.

I am now in my 2nd guild but gonna leave it. Transferred server once too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.