How Tanky in BFA?

How tanky are warlocks these days compared to other dps classes?

I remember Warlocks being tankier then real tanks…
Is that a thing of the past?

Yes and no.

We have had times were we took less damage and/or had more damage reductions, plus we’ve had situations in which we indeed were harder to kill than actual tanks. This was mostly due to an overtuned mechanic such as drain life from affliction warlocks back in a couple of expansions. Each of those expansions had a gimmick that made it more powerful than it should be.
There is also stuff like Demon Skin to consider, which was very powerful in MoP and WoD.

Currently we have some decent passive damage reducing abilities and talents for either a burst shield, or a constant small shield. This does not make us quite as tanky as we used to be, but it does make us one of the classes that takes the least amount of damage throughout a fight.
Not by a mile, but certainly better.

I did skip over details, so if you want more info as to how tanky we currently are, do ask.

Very tanky.

In pve mechanics that will kill my rogue unless i use a defensive will barely move my warlocks health bar.

In pvp we have demon armor+destro mastery making us one of the tankiest classes in pvp.

2 Likes

I dueled rogue and he healed 800K hP during it. If you compare the rogue and warlock its disgusting, pay respect to the past

1 Like

Inv demise x3 as affliction is the tankiest you can get as warlock

And und tides x2 just for overkill

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.