How to counter hpala/warr?

As the title says…im playing unholy dk resto druid and everytime we face hpala/warr is just a slow lose because my friend that plays druid will eventually run out of mana…how can we counter it as it seems that they have an answer for everything we can do

You simply cant, there arent a lot of comps that counter wopal and restodruid/dk isnt one of them.

You can cast your death gate and leave.

4 Likes

this is very frustrating as we struggle around 1350-1400 rating as out of 10 matches 6 or 7 are vs hpala warr

CC war until he wants to end himself while DK tunnels Paladin non stop until you finally gone through his whole mana pool or managed to burst him down. Your druid should be able to find timings where he can drink.

You wont win the trade hitting the warrior duo to they have MS effect while you dont.

1 Like

i was considering going frost for more burst as paladins can shut down my pet and gargoyle with turn evil…i remember back in the day that 2 hand frost was a thing…is frost still viable now tho?

It is viable but not really as dps+healer. Most people that play frost plays double dps for hungering cold cc.

You have bigger burst window with DK, more CC with druid, depending on arena death grip is super OP and little trick all the super pro online guides dont want you to know, glyph of innervate is absolutely bonkers, and unless you play against dispel/mana burn there is no way you are running out of mana …

Aside from that not much can help you, mortal strike hurts and pala is just braindead single button spam, if you play it on attrition you are going to lose pretty much every time …

that is the main issue tho…the paladin constantly fears my pets making my burst to have little effect on pressuring them

you can save your posts here. You will never beat Warrior/Pala if they are not way below your skill level.

I play Pally/DK and its not a weak combo by any means, but against Pally/Warri, its nothing.

This is why BGs > Arena heheh

Cyclone divine plea as much as possible (if not burst during it) try to kite the warrior with roots/chains (clone on BoF).
Try to keep diseases spread on both targets also blood boil instead of blood strike it deals more damage even single target on plate.
Try to keep insect swarm (afaik its still much cheaper than moonfire) up.
And ye try to hit the target without sacred shield up.

Sounds like a lot but its doable and u have it much better in this case than a dk+hpal esp since ur druid can freeze those pleas regenerating mana.

I beat almost all the game agains that comb. Play feral disc priest u will show them how they suffering

I think you have to CC the pala and separate the war from his buddy then blast the war with all you got. Easier said than done I know.

Not like Hpally/Arms is unbeatable. Quite the opposite, there are few comps that eat them for breakfeast - e.g. Disc+Frostmage, SPriest+Subtlety, SPriest+Frostmage etc…I believe even Disc+Feral has an edge.

But this is what 2v2 is all about. At certain skill level your comp will matter more than you guys as players, and you will end up autobeating some comps and autolose against others. I suggest you find another friend and start playing 3v3s. Those are much less comp dependant and you can do good even with suboptimal setup.

wotlk arena is a joke why do ppl even bother?

pve is very easy and not challenging at all atm…i m not a hardcore player by any means…but you can easily clear naxx in 1 hour and a half 2 hours without problems…battlegrounds are just meh and also full of bots of generally players that dont play objectives…so that kinda leaves arena as the only challenging aspect of the game

It’s really funny how that goes… i play Mage/Ele so definitely not an ideal comp. But we beat warr/hpala or DK/hpala 9 times out of 10.
Pala is very easy to shutdown after bubble.
We loose more than half of our games to any other comp tho :joy:

play frost and u beat all war pals
but then casters will be problem for you

and btw why u play unh rdruid I would never play that comb I bet arenas take eternity for you

well my friend is resto druid and we play together…we beat some hpala/wars lately by constantly swaping between them and cloning divine plea and freedom while puttin pressure and bringing both down