How to FIX Mythic Plus

After the 3rd below average player is leaving my friend’s key that I’m trying to help, I am done. Mythic plus needs fixing.

First of Rio is useless. The amount of time decent rio people still fail terribly at basic mechanics is insane. Rio score can be bought with gold so it has no value to start with.

Instead of Rio show me what I wanna know, show me the average dungeon DPS, interupts and deaths next to someone’s name for that particular dungeon. I am very tired of getting a 440 that does less dps than a freshly dinged alt of mine. 17k on a boss??? 25k on trash???. And than call everyone names and leave when the healer prios me in healing.

Finally we need BIG penalties for M+ leavers without wipes. Forfeit their weekly chest and deprive them from any loot of the week, I’d go as far as removing all earned loot for that week in m+. It will never happen of course cause ESPORTS.

Rio at work right here: 1100 players lol.

imgur. com/8gxm7M6.png
^For context; boss died, wiped on trash due to tank being a bit iffy, anyway the other mage is ilvl 410 and is brand new to the class, also plays this game since legion, we play on and off so a new player actually.

imgur. com/3rlx0sY.png
Here we have another gem, total damage done with a 430 feral druid. Of course tank kept wiping us so people left, I’m not mad about that, the run went horrific anyway. Eitherway my brand new friend again out dpsing him.

6 Likes

Just to play devil’s advocate.
What if their DPS is low because they’re doing the mechanics that no one else would do? Causing their DPS to be lower.

A melee taking furthest pools of Priestess, moving barrels on Knightcaptain, bombs on Crowd pummeler.

As for interrupts? Are we talking interrupts used on casts, or in general? What if someone else keeps beating you to it, that’s going to lower your interrupts score.
Do stuns count? Do pet auto stuns count?

As for deaths, what if they’re the sacrificial lamb? We used those on Galavazz in ToS, they are there to die to soaking.
Same with Overseer in TD, we use a lamb to double soak the instakill if no one else can, this then allows us to keep the healer or better DPS.

How do we decide this? A vote kick in standard dungeon groups will still give a deserter debuff, how will it work differently here?
You would just get group leaders griefing to troll pugs.
What if someone DC’s, are you going to punish them for something out of their control?

You’re right it would never happen and would likely just kill pug M+ completely. if people can be easily kicked from a group mid dungeon.

11 Likes

As pointed out: Gets drastically reduced if you are the only one with a brain in your grp. As melee especially. And DPS output varies highly from group to group. One goes slow and the other one pulls as much as humanly possible.

Aight. I will now interrupt all possible spells. Even those not important. Oh there was a major cast i was supposed to interrupt? Nah, cba, gotta keep my interrupt on CD for the counter yo.

Also depends on the groups. You will die alot more in a “just weekly” group then a guild group for example. In a weekly group i die alot because nobody gives a crap. In guild groups my deaths are usually 0-1. Also it depends on the level of said dungeon. Ontop my score for this season is so low because i cba to do anything but the +10 as the loot from dungeons this tier has been frankly put dogs…t

Or because one could face other issues such as Internet Provider issues. Shall i suffer because the Telekom is once more a company composed of mouth breathing mongrels? Even a 10min connection issue on their side already equals an depleted key in most cases ontop of the group not knowing whats going on if its not a guild/friend group. In content that is not intended for PuGs to begin with as stated by Blizazard.

As pointed out in other threads: If you want to eliminate any kind of issues then make guild groups or friend groups.

6 Likes

I usually dont look at the score itself. I look at how many 10s or 15s the player has done intime. Sure you can buy 30 15+ Keys
but thats very expensive i guess. Even more if you buy a 18+ for example. So if someone has 30+ 15s intime, he probably has more experience or skill than someone with 1300io. Most of the time atleast.

2 Likes

I use it for elitist check & for that reason

What i mean by elitist check? if someone with 1500+ score joins a +10 its a red flag that he’ll instaleave if things goes bad which it often do in pugs 2-10

Although i havent done +10’s in a while

1 Like

My last season score feels insulted. I joined weekly pugs fruequently on tuesday evenings. They are more chill when i cba to focus.

Calm down Rinkydink. You’re only ‘done’ until your next rant.

5 Likes

I am not saying everyone 1500+ score is an elitist

but like 90% is :smiley:

3 Likes

just remove M+ it’s that easy

6 Likes

Just going to drop this down here. Blizzard did NOT create this addon, a 3rd party did. So why bring this on Blizzard forums for an addon which they have no control over?
And before the “everyone is using it” argument is yelled out…
Well can you blame r io for its popularity if there is no other alternative available?
Obviously rio has its flaws. So if you think you can create a better “judging tool/addon” by all means. Do it and I promise to give it a shot once its done.
But screaming that “rio sux” when there is no other alternative, no competitor addon for rio. Well? What will screaming accomplish here tbh?

Not really. It will not happen cause “offender’s rights matter more than the victim’s”. And any suggestion for a punishment system will get shut down immediately with “I left cause my cat pooped on the carpet! I left cause my fish has diarrhea! Valid excuses! You can’t punish me for that!” or any other argument the pro-leavers will come up with…

M+ is a tool, its up to you to use it well.

You’ve had years to make like minded equally skilled friends. Stop putting the onus on tools and websites to absolve yourself of responsibility.

2 Likes

I completely disagree with the leaver penalty. If I feel like leaving, I leave. End of story. It’s a video game. I might leave for a number of reasons including “I don’t like your transmog”. It you don’t want to take the risk don’t pug.

That being said, when I sign up for a dungeon, I intend to complete it. But what happens in there, can change my mind. The most common reason for me leaving is actually unfriendliness of the players. Today a tank linked an icy veins resto druid guide to the healer because he was struggling to keep the group up. I didn’t want to be in a group with someone that behaved like that. So I left. I have never left a dungeon because the group was underperforming unless the run took 1+ hour. But if you’re being toxic, I leave.

2 Likes

that’s a pretty valid reason, actually

1 Like

Sounds to me like your friend is below average since you’re helping him and not just doing a key with him, which might be why people are leaving, though can’t say for sure, just saying your friend is a common factor.

Rio is by no means useless, it gives you a lot of information, but it is up to you how you use it.
Decent score can be bought, but for a lot of gold, way more than i think anyone is willing to spend just to get into keys that fall apart due to their lacking of skill.
As someone who boosts, most of my clients are either decent people on alts that cannot get into groups or it’s people who know they aren’t good but still wanna try the content, but won’t actually queue for groups.

Try to keep an eye on their score, their best key done, their best key for the level and amount of timed runs in the bracket, all provided by the addon, instead of just looking at score.

Useless, way too many factors playing into it. If the run is full of 4 people who are bad with no interrupts you lose so much dps. Wipes cause massive loss of dps and so on.
Not to mention this would cause everyone to dps. It’s already rough to see ranged not wanting to do reflect emmissary cause rip dps, imagine if dps was a meassure, people would be wh*ring like crazy instead of doing mechanics.

Again people are gonna insta int and overlap all the time, not good for pugging. Also interrupting is not as important as interrupting key abilities.
Had a run with a DH, he had 11 ints while i had 7, but his 11 were all meaningless abilities, while mine were key ints, so by your meassure, he did better?

Way too dependant on groups, not personal skill, also death skips are a thing.

This gets brought up every other day on the forums, if you don’t have a concrete idea for an actual system, then shut up.
Literally every system that has been proposed has major flaws, plus the game is not forcing those people upon you, you chose them, which is why the game is not responsible for punishing people you chose to play with.

edit: Also dps and interrupts during a run is not on the API so it is not trackable, only if people log runs, which most people don’t in keys.

Surprisingly. Happened once to me. Some guy actually left after key was inserted and left with a “sry. Your transmogs sux. It hurts my eyes. Bye”. While, we can debate on whenever if that was the true reason or not…still. Quite funny. :smiley:

Other “good” reason was. When a healer left mid run(KR, no wipes, dps were good. Timer was great so far) with a reason “sry. Not in the mood anymore”.
Eh…quite funny.

3 Likes

:astonished: That’s rude. I inspect everyone’s mog before the ready check. Wouldn’t want to ruin someone’s key because of that…

Hehe. Thats what happens when leaving has no consequiences. (Only the keyholder is left to take the full hit). While I will NEVER say that everyone does that. But if you can be mean or troll somebody without fear of any repercusions…somebody will “use the opportunity”.

Hence. I always go with friends, guilds or m+ contacts. I pug only when nobody else is available.
And I also mentaly prepare and fully expect a group disband.

Disapointment hurts a lot less when you have prepared for it and are expecting it. My pugging experience has been better since then heheh. :smiley:

1 Like

Wallahi then just don’t pug?
In all the keys I’ve run on alliance so far I’ve had 2 where people left for no reason, if you constantly run into people throwing your keys it kinda sounds like a you problem chief.

2 Likes

Lower is fine. 17k @ 440 is not.

Of course, yet they still out dps 80% of pugs and of course do mechanics good. We kept dying because of a pug tank, course he blames everyone but himself and left. Other tank, no wipes, nothing, perfect +3 time, just offline, no reason. Another dps 17k on the boss, 1 wipe, and leaves with toxic chat. Like I get it wiping sucks, but if my freshly dinged friend does 30k on the boss, than so can you as a 440. No course not, I had to carry him instead of my friend.,

Cause they like to hang out with you, Cuwute. :blush:
When will you take my DH for a m+ session next time?

1 Like