How to FIX Mythic Plus

I see no law stating that I can’t reply to you as well.

I am just afraid this discussion is also coming from a timer that is only doable with skips. We did had a couple of them too in legion, but in bfa making or breaking a timer is usually decided by being able to skip or 2/3 per dungeon, not the difficulty itself of the dungeon/trash/bosses.

I see nothing about me mentioning laws. This is exactly how misquoting starts.

Lilith is quoting me and portraying like my answer says something which it doesn’t. Then I question what they are talking about and then you answer which is even more irrelevant.

thats confusing to read :o

Yesterday we did a TD+10. This is for several of our group the last one we need to time. It’s also the first time we got a TD+10 in weeks… How are we even supposed to practice this run if we barely get the key? We can’t improve because we constantly get different dungeons with different affixes. Pretty much every time we get to run it, it’s different.

There’s no competition we take part in, yet there’s no way to get higher keys done either, as we can’t time it. We like a challenge and don’t mind taking longer. The problem is that we are punished for not making a timer. The timer is abhorrent and should be removed. I can fully understand people wanted to play like a competition, but there are enough people that like a challenge that doesn’t introduce a toxic environment that’s detrimental to gameplay experience because of external source; Think pets, children, family, packages being delivered etc.

Right now there’s no challenging content outside of “competition”, this needs to change.

Well it would be cheating. You haven’t earnt the higher keys and the rewards that go with them, or the score for doing it.

I don’t think they are going to introduce a duel system when it’s purely about being up against the clock. It’s a more repeatable version of the MoP Challenge Modes. Not every part of the game is going to appeal to all players but those that don’t want to do timed content can either do keys where they ignore the timers and if by chance they upgrade them then it’s a happy coincidence or they need to stick with Normal, Heroic and Mythic.

There already is a difference between timed key rewards and non timed key rewards.

Mythic plus is not a failure just because you don’t like it. Not all content is going to appeal to everyone. Some like PvP some don’t. Even then some like casual PvP and others will go for ratings. There is usually a vast difference in skill levels. The same can be said for raiding. Mythic plus is no different.

However, this pretty much sums up the problem IMO. World of Warcraft isn’t made for one person.

1 Like

Yeah trying to just quote the bits where people quote me is a pain in the posterior. Think I’ll just edit to quote the whole lot.

Would help if people didn’t break down everything you say into tiny sections like they are Asmongold doing a react vid.

I would love a way for us to re-roll our keys.

The old system where we could all destroy our keys and get a new one worked really well IMO. It meant you could at least try to get they keys you needed or not have to waste time on ones you’d already done.

The scenario from yesterday was that we had UR+9, we got a TD+11 from this, which we then dropped to +10. Obviously TD without practice and the current affixes is really difficult, so we failed. This means that we got another +9… This means that in order to get a +10 done, we first had to waste time on a +9 and after failing, we first had to waste more time on a +9 to get another +10. Doing a +9 doesn’t really matter if you need the gear, but once you have 430+ and 440+ gear, it’s a waste of time because you get 425+. Would hate to see a TF on this because I’m forced to do a +9 first.

The whole mythic system is just terrible for me. I hate timers, I hate rushing, I hate not being able to practice, I hate wasting time on stuff I don’t need, just to get where I need, and I hate not being able to afk in between because of RL stuff.

M+ dungeons need a rework in 9.0.

Overall it sounds like it is only a problem with the keysystem itself, that I dislike too. And a ‘missing’ “Pause”-option.

I honestly do not see why we need keys at all. Let the group decide their own level and dungeon; the challenge. You still have groups that time runs and groups that doesn’t. Reward some titles, achievements, mounts, toys and it is all fine. It is hurting nobody.

1 Like

I dream about keeping current key level instead dropping by 1.

1 Like

That would make far more sense, though I would also love to have an option to drop the key by shift clicking it for example. Perhaps this popup could also show more information about the affixes.

This, bucka is doing 18’s and 20’s. I’m struggling to get 14/15’s in time. Without timer 15 would be very easy for me. It’s the timer that ruins my key not the difficulty of mobs.

Also got a Ancient Portal to Dalaran, I’ll be casting that one when someone acts like an jack in my group from now on.

Ye that would help also of course. But what if you actually can’t how do you downgrade it than?

1 Like

Like this :smiley:

And would like to see tweaks to slowing down affixes:

• Bolstering (pick at least one):
    fixed duration (like 10 seconds)
    no longer increases health, only damage (even by higher %, like 30%)
    – smaller mobs give less stacks, bigger mobs give more stacks
    – range reduced
    – dispelable
  • Sanguine (pick at least one)
    size of the pool reduces every time it deals damage / heals (4 ticks per pool)
    – no longer heals
    – smaller mobs leave smaller pools, bigger mobs leave bigger pools
  • Bursting
    – dispelable
    – like in others: smaller mobs give less stacks, bigger more
  • Quaking
    – only affects other players hit, not the original one
    – doesn’t happen outside of combat

My wishlist. Blizz plizz.

The realistically only thing worth tracking is what fighting games as example tracks. Disconnect %

with that you could track instead the disconnect % of key’s at that level, so if they only have one +10 attempted on their account and pulled the plug. They’d have a 100% disconnect rate at those level keys.

and for parameters sake you could justify it as someone disconnecting if they werent there to loot the chest OR the key never finishes or their general participation is suffering (this would also help prune out players who are boosted and idle at spawn for carries.) Just spit balling ideas but be mindful the RIO Score is a short term fix, like everything else would be as people are always looking to exploit the systems which are in place.

edit: the other thing which may be worth tracking is their last score for the key you were doing along with their item level the last time they did the key.

You could have run the +11 as a practice but not complete it, either leave trash or don’t kill final boss. Then leave lowering it to a +10. That would have given you your practice.

1 Like

You can practice, in lower keys, or you 11 and than it would become a 10. That’s kinda the thing I keep reading. Most players just don’t want to gid gud. You need to keep doing the 5-10 bracket before you can start dong 10-14 bracket decently. It took me 30 timed 5-9 runs to start getting easy on 10-14 runs. I’m almost 30 runs there and now I’m oke doing 15’s but it’s very difficult to find good people for those I’d say that. The higher the key, the lower your chances are of finding good players.

And if you seriously want to try a 19-20 key, well at the end of reset - we could arrange something, but you must be an alliance and I may need to persuade some of my M+ loving friends as its not MY key, my keys are most parts 15-17 as I am not pushing type I just do weekly around there :wink:

But you’d need high enough HP to survive base mechanics (i.e.random group aoe some trash does).

1 Like

please do 20 on tyranical :joy: ill pay to watch that livestreamed

You are a bully aren’t you :frowning: Although one of my friends, top of my head has done 20 tyrannical, but that was freehold. :stuck_out_tongue: But on 19 he has done most on tyrannical too.

But as I said above - ME, personally am not a person who does 19-20s, I am around 15-17 myself. :slight_smile: But i am sure there’s enough endurance for someone who seeks a test themselves - on those keys. And I am offering that ‘trial’ for the other poster.