How to FIX Mythic Plus

Alright well, but you can. Like many told me, make your team. You can take all day on your +10 if you want. God knows I’ve spend 2 hours in 10 shrine last week on my tank, cause I tried to help lower players. It’s perfectly doable if you like that. Mostly I like my runs to go smooth and fast.

It is, but it’s less hard imo. Not saying a rotation is easier, but just managing mana and spamming frostbolt / cc’ing everything is not going to cut it for me.

I guess I like the timer cause it creates skill brackets. So bracket 0, bracket 5, bracket 10, bracket 15, 20 and so on. Without a timer, more people would be able to do high keys, fun, but when I invite them – they will expect me to hang out all day in their 10 or 15, and I won’t. Right now people expect good int, dps and skill. Everyone has a different skill mine is atm capped on the 10 bracket. We’ll see if I ever get better. Did my first 15 but honestly I did not feel like I earned that one, so not satisfied with that.

1 Like

Most people doing in the +10’s range often only look at ilvl, nothing about rio.
Also blizzard isn’t the maker of Raider io. They can’t do anything about that.

1 Like

Well i guess we spoke past eachother then, i was talking about at which levels you could do all dungeons if no timer.

AD has notoriously easy bosses, so i think that might actually be really pushable, but priestess is no joke after the buffs, especially if you go really high, but she is gonna kill herself, so at least fight length is the same.
Vol’kaal debuff hurts really hard, but if you were to do say 27 AD you could bring rets or priests to dispell it, to lessen then healing.
Rezan though, he is gonna absolutely murder the tank, but it might be doable, i don’t tank so i am not quite sure, but our tank used to get chunked hard already at 20s (and for reference 26 hits twice as hard as 20 ish).
But that is probably the more doable one.

ML also has some abilities that are dodgeable, first boss aoe is gonna hurt like hell, especially if he gets just a few coins, but i suppose you can do him.
2nd boss is gonna be really hard cause adds are gonna live so long and you’re gonna need to stunn all quakes, cause one is gonna kill you.
3rd boss hit notoriously hard, and at 26 the burn is gonna hit for around 200k every 2 seconds for a total of 1m over 10 sec, and i do not know if that is healable, but if you bring 3 priest maybe you can mass dispell all of them.
For last boss almost all damage is dodgeable, except for the missile, which does not hit for much, but the phase 2 smash, is gonna hit for 470k ish, now that is not one shot, but can the healer top everyone 2 times on top of keeping you topped during adds. It’s gonna be really hard. And this is just 26, it’s gonna get impossible on higher key i think.

Yea i got what you meant, i just want people to be clear.

That is why i said some can’t bosses can’t which is gonna put a stop to the whole dungeon.

The point is you said much higher. Now doing the math it seems the barrier is gonna be around 26 or 27, and top players are completing 25s atm, so you tell me if you think that 1 or 2 levels is “much higher”. I get that you could have said any number, but the point is you claimed we could go much higher, which in fact does not seem to be the case.

I don’t think this is true, i could say that i look at it, cause i do, even for a +10, but that wouldn’t be very inclusive.

Instead i will tell you that even on my alts with bad gear i get into +10s easily, and that is probably due to score, not ilvl.

Earning gear =/= earning gear that is superior even to higher contents regular gear. Also you said blizzard doesnt agree with me. I said they dont agree with you either entirely as they realized how borderline garbage TF is.

Youre probably one that would agree with every of their decission because its “their game”. Even if a patch like 4.3 happens again.

All i see is someone that does the lowest content but wants the highest gear “to keep him motivated”.

The irony is absoultely great here.

Ye that people can feel great after accomplishing nothing.

People like you WANT it. Not NEED it. Major difference. You want it because its a higher number and you dont have to play the harder content for it. Do you need it for the content you do? No. Not even by one %. This isnt even up for debate. Its fact you dont need it.

Read the other posts. Warforge is fine. Thats already 10 ilvl. TF is not. Or (as stated) cap it at 15. Aka no Uber Titanforge. Just looking at my warlock disgusts me. Randomly walking into EP normal. Oh look 440 Leviathans Lure. Totally deserved by afking at the boss.

I gave/give plenty of suggestions overal. I just cba to discuss it with every pleb over and over again that tries to defend its current state (not saying you defend the entire system) or justifies its “need” for the uber-casual players. Calling you a casual would be an insult to the casuals.

2 Likes

Ooooh the comeback. Now back it up.

Its called nitpicking. And youre bad at it.

Did i say thats all of them? No. See, again youre bad at nitpicking. Alas Tol-Barad isnt part of the BG queue system. Wintergrasp is.

The timeframe for raids is measured in months. Not weeks, days or hours. As stated.

Youre right. Im no longer calling it nitpicking. That would be an insult to the word nitpicking.

The time limited rewards for raids are Curve/CE/Hall of Fame. Deal with it.

Or you actually get good.

Youre just bad at the game. But ok. Remove the time limit. As compensation the Mob Buff will be increased. Now you will be stuck at +5 for all eternity. Good job.

This also means no loot… Which is why I won’t do it :wink:

Well you can’t have it both ways :laughing:

I guess that is the problem highlighted in this discussion, people don’t want to meet the goals required (timing the key), and some want to practice but not under practice conditions, they want loot and an upgraded key for not timing a dungeon.

The whole problem goes away if I can pick the key I want, at the level I want. I don’t see why you should be punished when failing the timer… The only thing it does, is cause frustration with no obvious gameplay mechanic, other than forcing you to do lower keys, which at +9 are pointless loot wise. If +9 was the max level, I wouldn’t care. The jump from +9 to +10 in gear means that’s it’s usually pointless and +9 doesn’t give you practice for a +10, as the emissaries make a huge difference in how you play a dungeon.

What’s the point of playing a game when you’re not rewarded? I don’t get paid for playing, thus practice should still introduce a fun and reward element. The whole key system is just meh and imo should be changed. I’m playing a game, I don’t get paid, it should be fun and rewarding.

Because why would the game reward you for failing ? Just don’t think about the timer and your problem is fixed. You can practise as much as you want, no one is stopping you from doing it. A +10 is absolutely nothing special at this point and if you really struggle so hard to time it and need so many test runs then maybe that itself is the issue, not the mythic + system.

You hate timers, you hate rushing, you hate not being able to just afk when you want to, that to me sounds like Mythic + is just not the right fit for you

1 Like

The reward is you finish the key you get loot, but if you want to get more loot and upgrade your key you need to time it.

I get to play several M+ a week. It takes ages to get every single affix for every single dungeon, that’s 1 try. 1 try max, in maybe months.

Then what should I be doing to get 430+ gear?

Raid ? I dont understand you at all, you want 430+ gear but you also can’t time +10 keys and therefor have to do +9 keys instead but then you complain ? If you want to farm gear in M+ then i suggest you get yourself a team that can actually time +10s.

Why do you even need gear if you can’t time anything above 9 bc i can assure you that lack of good gear is not why you can’t seem to time +10s

2 Likes

Raid is once a week and you have to be lucky to even get a part, let alone be a useful part.

I can time +10 keys, that’s not what this is about. Currently only missing TD on my main, rest is +10 or +11 timed.

Assumptions assumptions :roll_eyes:

Just because I think the current system is bad and needs an overhaul, doesn’t mean I can’t participate. I just don’t enjoy doing it because I’m not competitional. I hate the toxicity M+ brings and having RL stuff to do, I “fail” keys because of a dumb timer.

I will always advocate for non-competitional alternatives when it comes to gearing up to heroic. I mean, afaik M+ has only been there since Legion, so it was possible all those years before.

You do not fail keys bc of a timer, you fail keys bc youre seemingly doing something very wrong. I stand by what i said, no one is forcing you to even pay attention to the timer, theres lots of groups out there that just want a weekly key done without caring about the timer if thats what you want. M+ in its nature is meant to be competitive, you should want to beat the timer, if you dont want to do that then hey, thats perfectly fine too, no one is stopping you from doing that. But in that case stop complaining that you arent being rewarded for failing

1 Like

You really seem to lack understand the capability to read.

I said I fail keys because of the timer. I didn’t say this was because the team was bad, I’m bad or because the timer is too short. I said this is because of RL stuff. Things come up in between if you have a life.

Which is exactly why there should be a non-competitive alternative to gear up. Not everyone is into competition. Hell, there’s a massive amount of people that don’t even dare touching M+ because of this!

And I don’t want to waste time on a +9 because either my weekly or “failed” key gave me a +9. I have no interest in doing a +9 nor wasting time on it. It rewards sub-par gear, wastes titan/war-forged drops, and wastes time that I could’ve spent on a +10.

You still get loot :roll_eyes:… The problem is that the game forces a lower key upon you after. This is the whole problem. I can ignore the timer, sure. I don’t mind taking 5 hours in a +15 if that’s what it takes, as long as I can do it in a chilled pace. Thing is, I can’t get a +15 because I haven’t completed 12~14 in time. Why can’t I have the difficulty + loot of a +15 while not playing competitional?

Any part is useful if you just go after 430. Raid gear only becomes obsolute if you use it for raiding, as ironic as it sounds, as benthic is superior for most classes (for some healers not even benthic is important. Just the socket). And with bonus rolls you should get at least 2 pieces per week. Combine it with M+ and youre set. Especially if you farm benthic on the side.

+10 isnt competetive. Neither is the timer. You even get loot if you fail the timer. The key just wont upgrade.

If you dont put in the effort then you dont deserve it. Simple. +10 isnt hard.

Because +15 is “competetive” (it isnt even. Its above casual and below competetive). +10 is for casual. +15 rewards the same gear as +10. You just have less loot rolls in the +10 compared to the +15. Aim for a +10 2-3 chest then. Also easier than a 15 1chest.

Pick your people more carefully. Use the bloody raider io addon for all i care and take those with a high score.

1 Like

I do have a life, i have a job, i have RL duties, but that does not prevent me from doing a key for lets say 45 minutes straight. If you can not have 45 minutes without needing to do something else then again, you are the issue and not the game.

You have more than enough time in +10 keys so stop blaming it on a timer but instead on the fact that you cant commit to doing a dungeon without having to go afk lol

Is it that hard to understand that a lot of people don’t like the key system, don’t like timers and don’t like competition? You’re defending M+ like it’s a perfect system, it’s not.

There is no competition on +10