How to FIX Mythic Plus

Well of course, judging by your rio, you’ve run not even 1 10th of the keys I ran this season. So you’re way less likely to meet these people :). All my chars combined I’ve ran about 200 M+ dungs (not all timed). And I’ve seen this behavior now 5 times. Today it was 3x nearly in a row, hence the post, I got sick of it.

I could get it if they were any good and needed to carry me, but mostly I end up carrying them anyway.

The irony is strong in this post :smirk:

3 Likes

O no not the score, just the amount of dungeons done. Of course when you do 10 dungeons, you’re less likely to meet these people than someone like me about 200 runs on all chars.

I was referring to this.

Admit it, man, I gotcha :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ye the score is useless, the only thing useful indeed (imo) is seeing how many dungeons someone has done. I’d like that ingame as well, show me how many runs someone has in x dungeon.

2 Likes

That’s what I look for as well tbh :ok_hand:

But you can’t get that info without Rio, so the problem isn’t with add-on is with unrealistic demands from keyholders.
Still remember a dudu who wanted full 425+ group ( war, Dru, rogue, monk + him ) at the start of season 3 for his FH 10, when he was 385.

I still think part of your original post and things are made up. :slight_smile: I did today 10+ keys on 405 ilevel character and I did more than this. A 440 is incapable to do those low numbers unless they were afking or trolling. :thinking: Admitted my outlaw does a bit little on a boss when dices fail, but she isn’t 440 either.

Modern essences alone add good deal of dps - even the single target oriented flames, and then easily obtainable lucid dream. I do ponder what kind of 440 people were those…

I stopped caring about icy-veins ever since their Sub rogue HFC guide. It was wrong on so many levels nearly the entirety of the patch when they FINALLY realized how wrong it was and adopted Rylix guide. Or even bothered to check any of the rogue websites.

Icy-Veins should be used at best as a baseline guide.

Not his or ours point. You cant use “average dps” as a source of valid data. Lets take bursting for instance. You want them to die in a acceptable manner, as like not to die. Well, now im going to deal max cleave dps because i need those average numbers. My death count will not rise because i can cloak it. The rest of my group will die. Was it their fault or mine? It was mine. Yet im being rewarded according to your system and they are being punished.

Dont exagerate numbers. Youre talking about 30k burst on certain specs with hero and whatnot (and even then not freshly dinged but already obtained upgrades). You will not pull 30k sustained dps on a boss unless he spawns a S-load of adds.

So 2.5% of all dungeons. Ye sorry mate, but thats way within acceptable level

Oh you would be surprised. Ive seen the same stuff happening in pug raids. Basically wrong traits, wrong rotation njada njada njada. I usually dont care tho unless its a fellow rogue. Im not doubting him there (thats a problem of blizzards “gear everywhere” policy). ALAS 440 is not the same as 440. If the stats on those items are garbage then you will deal significally less dmg than someone who has the right stats.

Well, I even mentioned alliance in my post and the character I mean has a higher rio than yours so i dunno chief!

Anytime in the next 3 days cuz idk if I’m resubbing after ewe

1 Like

I sometimes do join a +10. And i just stay when something goes wrong. I have no idea why i should leave??? I did yesterday even a +10 TD, with a ton of sanguine fun :smiley:

I am lucky i always meet the other 10% :slight_smile:

1 Like

This won’t happen. M+ is content meant for premade groups, that’s why it’s outside of the regular group finder. The community decided to turn this content into pugs only. Now people come screaming to blizzard to fix it.
The fix would be to put mythic+ into the random group finder, with a rating based matchmaker like other blizzard games. Or to restrict it to guild groups only and disallow pugs completely.

The fix is to remove keys completely and let group decide their own challenge.

1 Like

I’ll throw in as well using dps averages as a quality check is pointless outside of the highest keys. This week for example is sang which is heck for melee. Pointing the finger at melee dps average whilst some other classes have the luxury of just sitting back uninterrupted is not constructive.

The only real check of whether a group performed really comes at the end, and your time. If you timed plus 2 or 3,who cares if the dps of a member seemed lower? The timing suggests the group performed.

I ran some mythics yesterday on my arms alt who is sitting about 400 ilevel. Yeah my dps was the worst of the group on average (about 16-17k overall) but we ran two keys in succession and timed 3 on both.

You could argue that I was being carried, but does that change the fact the key was timed? No. Did anyone have a problem with my presence? No. Did I dodge the pools and prio the right adds over anything else? Yes.

Average dps is such a whack thing anyway. It fails to take into account highs and lows and what they mean at that point. I slugged big time on the bosses and could not keep up with my peers. On earlier packs of like 2-3 groups though I was hitting the top spot alongside the fury warrior who was higher geared and averaging 38k dps on such pulls. Swings and roundabouts.

Just beat in mind how many affixes royally screw melee before zoning down on average dps, because I frequently find it’s people on their freshly dinged ranged dps alt lollering at geared melee. Sure melee have an easier time in raids generally, but in mythic they have to disengage their dps far more frequently than ranged to, else put pressure on the healer.

1 Like

Let me translate what u just said : " Hey blizz , punish players because they didn’t perform to my standards "

Why the hell a company would punish his own subscribers for that !?
Your train of thought has 1 station : Some1 left my group .Blizz create a punishment system .
That will never happen .

1 Like

The only thing that needs fixing about m+ is the class balance, which is abyssmal.

2 Likes

So you can be all judgy and elitist and keep any new players from ever doing content? Yeahhhhh no.

That is already the situation. A new player is not going to buy multiple boosts to get his rio up.

That varies so much depending on what tank you have. I can do 40k over a dungeon or I can do 20k, depending on how much the tank pulls. If it’s 1 pack at a time, dps is obviously going to be lower.

Honestly biggest issue is someone who’s bad being 445 ilvl that needs fixing.

you fix that, rest will follow.

also please show me who left what key how often and at what %.

2 Likes

Imo the biggest problem with mythic plus is the fact that they are timed . Remove this aspect and groups will go slower and focus on mechanice / start using proper ccs