How to fix the horde

Considering the permanent broken status of the Horde now that the faction war is finally over and Sylvanas is gone. I thought about some solutions to the constant most prominent problems the horde faces now and then. And there is no denying, that if those won’t be fixed soon, then that faction will sink deep into nothingness again during most neutral stories. Here is some suggestions(I am actually serious with this here so keep it spam or derailing free please).

• Boost up some characters and leaders on the same power status of Malfurion or Jaina. Thrall with his old cataclysm shaman powers would be a good start. Liadrin and Rommath would work too.
  • Remove the High Chieftain position of Tauren society and establish another council, to make sure Baine will finally stop selling out Tauren and Horde interests to the Humans. Comprised of/from the greater group of all other Chieftains and tribes.
  • Give us at least one big player of cosmic forces as playable race and leaders alike. Alliance got nature/life, Void and Light already. So I say a death themed thing could work here. Bwonsamdi and the Forsaken are fitting candidates for this. And Suramar for the arcane and magic representation.
  • Make the Goblins return to Kezan and built up Undermine again. Alliance can reclaim all of Gilneas and a fully new nightelf capital for parity.
  • Talanji should defy the Horde council wishes and do her own thing in the Shadowlands together with the PC and Bwonsamdi and Vol’jin. They could fix “the other side” from Jailer related problems. Rescuing the troll afterlife.
  • Have the Forsaken governing themselves instead of another wannabe Menethil monarch.

Those are just a few things I came up with for the start of it, but it covers the basics.

3 Likes

Only one way to fix it.
#dismantlethehorde

4 Likes

Best way to fix the Horde is bring them into eternal servitude to the Night Elves, to repay the massive guilt they no doubt feel, and preventing the Horde government from messing up constantly by replacing it with wiser night elves.

1 Like

yep, dismanteling or enslaving the horde will really save a two-faction game. No problems there…

3 Likes

Right?! The Horde can get new quests like building houses for night elf orphans, farming to keep night elf families fed and shining their shoes, no quest reward of course.

1 Like

The only constant thing in an ever-changing world is Erevien’s opinion on the state of the Horde and its races.

We can just cut the two faction game nonsense with it, yup. Dismantle the Horde. Dismantle the Alliance. Stop the race wars, and the unchanging, unbreakable alliances.

3 Likes

thats a different thing to the stuff posted above.
Honestly i’m in favor of dismanteling both factions and give the player a choice in game with 2 or more factions (not necessarily in conflict with eachother).
I hated the forced conflict in BfA the way it was done with (again) the Horde as the clear “bad guy”-faction and the Alliance as the shiny heroes (out of character purge squats don’t really count). There should have been either a motivation and a relatable cause for both factions, or they should have scrapped the war that was mostly stupid anyway.

btw. I’m Ashaya / Aethil , didn’t play for a few months and changed character after starting again. before anyone thinks i want to hide who i am :wink:

3 Likes

Sure, you can expect some hyperbolics here. Just take the parts that agree with your narrative, and build on that. :wink:

You’re right of course, it is very hard to imagine how a game would look where one faction was enslaved by the other, and dismantling just the Horde is about impossible. But it’s not that hard to justify the Alliance breaking up without its common enemy, especially after you already showed some division within it.

1 Like

And why should they do that? It’s not a fix…

Wiser Night Elves

Fell into an obvious Hordevtrap cuz Saurfang pretended to dislike Sylvanas. Lol “wiser”.

1 Like

Why that would fix everything. The Night Elves would receive recompense, and the Horde could end their guilt.

I think you are talking about the SI:7 here.

1 Like

I don’t think that it would be an satisfying end for Horde players, especially would no sane faction give their life to the enemy.

I speak about all the retards in Stormwind. Not just the SI:7.

1 Like

AGREE, Thats cool idea.

Right?! The Horde can get new quests like building houses for night elf orphans, farming to keep night elf families fed and shining their shoes, no quest reward of course.

yes, and in next patch we will rebell (just like we always do) and we will finally kill Malfurion & Tyrande in civil war and claim all Kalimdor for “Night Horde”.
We will make new councill too, becouse Night Elves are too much dictators.

2 Likes

Nathanos was already stronger than Tyrande empowered by a goddess.

because he wants to make peace?

The Night Elves will never get compensation or even a continuation of their story after Teldrassil. The writers only do that for the Horde.

1 Like

The way to fix the Horde goes along the lines of writing a story for its races in a way that highlights the bits of their cultures that have a positive feeling for players and the story.

The Horde races need to have stories that show in a positive light, the traits that define its cultures. Even if said ideals clash with either our real life standards or those of the other factions.
That’s the only viable starter to create the foundation to make their stories appealing for players once more.

The message above seems extremely generic, but it can still be broken down into smaller bits such as: Not demonise traits simply because they clash with our rl views, distance races from their enemy and allied cultures in a way that makes them develop their own, and give them the room to create a standalone posture that isn’t contingent to anybody else’s.

3 Likes

Oh, I could see quest givers of the Alliance handing out menial tasks to their Horde slaves, like picking up seeds from poo, gathering herbs, delivering messages, sic’ing them on their enemies without support, fetching supply crates or…

Wait. They’re doing that with us already. :sweat:

1 Like

Well you have to admit. I’ve gotten better at it. I stopped trying to kill Baine for example.

Haha that’s absolutely brilliant.

1 Like

I rather suspect that would be plenty satisfying.

And what does that have to do with the Night Elves?

The Night Elves worked with the Intel the SI:7 gave them. It is not their fault the information was a hoax.