How to get SL questing gear when choosing ToF

Hi, quick question, I still havent found or found it out yet.

I have done the entire campaign on my hunter and am happily doing stuff in Ardenweald. Nice. I also collected the entire set of mail questing armor for transmogs.

With my warrior Ive been doing a lot in the campaign already, mainly because of the plate questing armor. She’s in Maldraxxus now.

Yesterday I completed the intro questline on my paladin, chose his covenant and flew there to get the first quest. Didn’t start the first quest yet but when checking gear I saw to my surprise that I can use the total plate questing armor set, even the ones of the Night Fae and the Venthyr, even though my warrior hasn’t been doing that yet.

So I tried it today with my Demon Hunter for the leather set. I have gone through the intro, chose Ardenweald, flew there, got the quest. Still no use of the armor.

So my question is this: If you choose Threads of Fate, how do you get the total set of questing armor for that armor type, if you can’t do the questline anymore? Is there a way, or do I really need to do the entire campaign for every armor type to get the armor set for transmogs?

And why did my paladin get it and my DH didn’t? I read somewhere that if you choose Threads of Fate, all quests in the questline are automatically completed for that char, which is the reason you can’t go back. But wouldnt; that mean you would also get the gear looks?

Levelling in SL has two types of Quests… story & side Quests.
You also have Zone Bonus Quests; the ones w/ crossed Swords.

The Story you forego by making that choice in Threads of Fate, but the rest remains.
You also get WQ as an option for levelling, some of which pay gear that is related to the Zone in question.

TL; DR - do the content that’s still available & you’ll still get those sets.

1 Like

If you are talking about the covenant sets you can buy them from the gear vendor in your covenant “order hall”, but you have to get renown up to level 29 and finish up to chapter 8 of the covenant campaign story.

If you are talking about the leveling gear, the look is the same as the LFR/LFD and WQ gear (not normal, heroic or mythic).

There’s not a lot of options for fixed gearing.
Fixed are professions (crafter’s mark 1 helps a lot), and side quests.
Other than that, you can do the bonus objectives (they too might be fixed in a way, I believe) and be at the mercy of RNGesus for WQ/dungeon gear.
I did a bit of both on my ToF toons and was levelling them fine. :slightly_smiling_face:

I meant the armor you get when questing through the main line like when you do it the first time in Shadowlands. You get armor like Sinful Aspirant’s Leather armor and you get the four different colours in the four covenant areas.

I was just wondering how you got those for the other armor types.

And why I did get the full sets on my paladin while I didnt complete the campaign on my warrior yet so I didnt collect all the plate items but did get them when I chose ToF on my pally, but not on my DH.

… is PvP gear.
Can you give an example of a set you have from your first run-through of Shadowlands, that you feel has been not made available by choosing the “level via World Quests & Dungeons” option?

pick up skinning and leatherworking while u level skin mods u kill …

I am so sorry, I assumed it would look about the same as the mail and plate versions I already know, but I just looked up the questing armor looks and the cloth and leather look totally different. I looked it up in game and it turns out I indeed have them all already :smiley:

Sorry for the confusion!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.